Bit By Bit

Me and the Boys Volume 3: Closure

Minzy was pretty settled in with Daesung at the Safehouse. It had been a couple of days and luckily since YG was now aware of everything that went on, he was able to make arrangements that would allow her to keep workiing on her music.However, he still didn't know that Daesung, was the head of the Safehouse. The deal was that the 2NE1 girls would go to the safehouse, twice a week to record and work on lyrics. KISO had a state of the art recording studio set up inside so that Daesung could keep up with his activities,so they allowed 2NE1 to use the facility as well. Daesung would just make himself scarce by holing himself up in another room. It was now evening and Dara, CL and Bom had just left. Minzy was winding down as Daesung finished preparing dinner for them. He poured hot stew into two bowls.

" Come on, lets sit on the porch. it's a nice night tonight.", said Daesung motioning to Minzy. She grabbed her hot bowl and a glass of water , then headed outside. She took a seat in the rocking chair while Daesung sat on a striped, cushioned bench adjacent to the chair. Minzy rocked back and forth , staring at the sunset.

" This is nice. So peaceful.", she said.

" It is...I love it out here, actually. It makes me grateful when people's lives are in danger because it gives me an excuse to come out here...kind of sadistic, right?", asked Dae.

" No. Not at all. Your'e just choosing to find the good in the ugly.", said Minzy. Dae looked at her.

" You can say some pretty wise things for being such a kid.", he teased. She looked over at him and smiled.

" I can't believe your'e a part of KISO. Daesung, D-Lite! The smilng angel...if people only knew.", she said , still in shock.

" If they knew, I don't think they would believe it.", he chuckled, taking in a spoonful of stew.

" How did you get involved anyway? I mean how long have you been doing this?", she asked, Dae sighed.

" My reasons are a bit...personal actually. I guess you can say, I was catapulted into it. It happend right after the 2008 Global Warning Tour. It was late one night. My father was returning home from work. He had just gotten off the train and was walking up the main road , to our house when he saw a man , hobbling down the street. He was bloody, like he had just gotten into a fight or something. My father being the kind of man he is, naturally went up to him and asked if he was alright. The man could barely speak. He had a black eye, a busted lip. His two front teeth were hanging by a thread on his gums. I remember when he brought this man into our house. We fed him and let him get cleaned up. He told us, who beat him up. It was jopok.", said Dae.

" Korean mafia?", asked Minzy, enthralled in the story.

" Ne. We let him spend the night and he went on his way  the next morning. A few days later, things got crazy. I went back to Seoul to start rehearsals for the BIg Show but received calls from my mother that they had been receiving death threats. I found out that my father was attacked himself late one night. Things escalated and KISO got involved, they put my father in a safehouse, like this one because jopok, basically planned on taking not only my fathers life, but the rest of my family as well. I was so indebted to KISO for saving my father's life, that when they told me of  a celebriry sector they were planning to put together, I offered myself...eagerly. They were a bit skeptical at first, but I convinced them. So they put me through all kinds of training. Weaponry, martial arts, hand to hand comabt, you name it. I got in the best shape of my life.", Dae mused.

" So that';s how you got so buff, so fast?", gawked Minzy. They both laughed.

" Yeah, I guess so.", he said.

" Wow, that's amazing. And so when you have to be here, what do you tell YG...and the guys?", asked Minzy.

" Usually I say I say that I need to some time off , to see my family...and I do see them actually. They live right up the road, about 20 minutes. Often it's worked out thouh, with time off, Holiday breaks and a few family emergencies that have actually taken place. I think God helps me out a lot , because he knows I don't want to lie.", smiled Dae. Minzy chuckled.

" Your'e a good man Kang Daesung...I'm really glad I'm here and that your'e the one watching over me .", said Minzy.

" Me too.", Dae smiled

...............................................

GD was on the phone with whoever was in charge of ordering fabrics for his fashion line Kwontom Theory. luckily there was someone to run the day to day operations, but he was able to at least make one phone call a day to check in and give his input on important decisions. After the Big Show, he was guaranteed at least a couple of months to work more hands on,  since YG had promised them a short break before planning an International Tour...if the demand was still there. At the moment he was setting up a time to look at fabric samples.

" Aniyo, not tomorrow. How about early Saturday morning?...ok, so bring the silks and the sheer fabrics if you could. Great.", said GD hanging up the phone. Just then, there was a knock on his door. He was expecting CL as they were very close to completing the song for Hye Yoon. All of YG had recorded most of the parts, including Tablo, Gummy and Psy. CL and GD just needed to rework a few lyrics, then finish the recording the next day. He answered and saw CL standing there holding some Chinese Take-Out. GD smiled and gave her a big hug.

" Take-Out! That's my girl. I know I can always rely on you to hook it up with the munchies!!", he said as she walked in smiling.

" Of course!!", she said setting down the food on his coffe table. " Where's Bae oppa?", she asked,

" Guess.", said GD.

" Ah, Bommie.", said CL.

" Yep.". said GD,  sitting down ready to dig into the food.

" So are you guys cool, you and Bom?", asked GD.

" I guess. We never really talked about it, But I"m ok being in the same room with her now. If that 's what you mean by cool.", CL laughed.

" Your'e bad.", said GD,  as they both chuckled.

" I know. I love her though, I really do...that will never change.", said CL grabbing her chopsticks.

" So, I have an offer for you.", said GD, twirling chow mein nooodles.

" Ok.", said CL stuffing her face.

" Iv'e been thinking about how I want to market Kwontom Theory and I was thinking it would be cool to have a spokesperson.", he said staring at her . CL stopped chewing, as she knew what he was about to say. He just smiled at her.

" You want me to be the spokesperson for your clothing line?", she asked , still full of food. They both laughed as he squeezed her cheeks.

" You wanna finish chewing first?...cute", he smiled. CL finished chewing.

" Wow, oppa...that would be so cool!!! I would love to! But why me? ", she practically yelled.

" You are the female version of me. Whenever the media talks about fasion, it's me...and the female fashionista, is you. Why not have the queen of fashion be the face of the king of fashion's clothing line? Makes sense, right?", he asked. CL nodded in agreement.

" So what do I need to do? ", she asked.

" Do what you do best. Wear awesome clothes, do commercials, ads, etc. And oh yeah...look hot, your'e good at that too.", he smirked. CL blushed.

" Oppa! Stop it! So embaressing.", she said looking away.

" Anyways, I'm having an event next Friday night, a kind of press conference, detailing my line and this will be your first gig.  Go home later , take a look at my designs and tell me what they remind you of. Whatever you think that is, figure out some way to express that.", he said. CL pondered on what he was saying.

" Believe it or not, I totally understand what you want me to do.", she said.

 " Of course you do. You get me...that's why I chose you.", he said. CL just smiled back at him.