Underneath It All

Me and the Boys Volume 3: Closure

The next day after filming the first of three CF spots for Sunny 10, Lyra headed to the YG building to drop off something before meeting up with TOP for lunch, however TOP called her as she was parking to cancel because his schedule had gotten rearranged. But he wanted to continue the previous nights discussion, before more time went on and tensions continued to rise. Lyra sat in the parking structure, her door ajar as the conversation became just as volatile as before.

" Your'e not listening to me!", yelled Lyra.

" Yes I am!", TOP replied.

" No, your'e not."

" I don't even know what to say anymore.", said TOP, feeling defeated.

" Ok, so what do you hear me saying?"

" That you want  to have the wedding in L.A and you won't budge."

Lyra growled out of frustration. " Oh my gosh, dude, that is not what I am saying!  I feel like were going in friggin' circles right now Seunghyun. I'm like, really angry right now!"

At that moment, Minzy, who had just arrived herself, was getting out of her car and overheard the yelling. She slammed her car door shut and slowly walked by, giving Lyra a faint smile. Lyra just looked back at her and rolled her eyes as she watched MInzy step onto the elevator.

" Ok, Seunghyun, can you you just hear me out, please? I'm tired of arguing about this! I could care less about having the wedding in L.A now. That's not why I'm upset."

" Well can you spell it out, please?"

" it's not that you want to have the wedding in Korea, it's that you would not have even been willing to discuss another option. I didn't feel considered at all and on top of that, you saying you would never want an L.A wedding, hurt my feelings. Like L.A is bad , or it doesn't meet your standards. That's my place of birth your'e talking about. is L.A beneath you? I just want us to talk things over and decide together.  I don't want our future together to be you deciding things without asking for my opinion, becase you don't think it matters.", she concluded.

" Well why didn't you say that?"

" I thought I did!"

" Jagi, I'm sorry if that hurt your feelings. I ldon't think L.A is beneath me, it's just that  Iv'e always figured I'd get married in my country, but your'e right I didnt consider you at all. But to be fair, I think even if we had discussed it, it would have been more of a platform for you to push the whole, 'bride has the last word' agenda and sway me to agree to having an L.A wedding...am I right?"

Lyra was silent as she pondered whether to fess up or not." Ok, guilty as charged. Yes, even if we had talked, going in I would hve still been pretty adamant about an L.A wedding. I think I just assumed you would agree to that. I'm sorry. I guess wer'e both pretty stubborn, huh?"

" Very, but I agree, let's both not assume anything on either end and just consult each other on all the details. I think I can do that."

" Yay! Me too."

" Ok, cool. I actually need to get back to set, it's a tight day, so let's re-visit this...over dinner maybe? This weekend?  I have a light day on Saturday."

" Yeah, sounds good."

" Oh and tomorrow, after you get your affadavit of eligibility to marry, we meet with our assigned ward agent to handle all the rest of the legalities."

" Ok, cool, since wer'e skipping out on lunch today, I'll head to the Embassy right after I drop this thing off for Teddy."

" Ok, jagi. I love you. Gotta go.", he said.

" Ok, love you, bye."

...................................

Lyra left Teddy's office and bumped into MInzy on her way out,walking down the hall.

" Hey girly, what's up?", Lyra greeted Minzy, slinging an arm around her.

" Hey, not much, just taking a break from dance rehearsal. What about you?"

" I came to see Teddy really quick, then I have to head to the U.S Embassy to fill out paperwork for the marriage. Ugh, I hate legal stuff."

" How's that going by the way? I heard you guys arguing in the lot."

" Oh yeah that. Wer'e all good now. He wants to get married here in Korea and said something along the lines of how he would never even consider getting married in the states. Anyways, there was more,  but we resolved everything."

" Well that's good. I'm sure he said that because in his mind he would have never dated a girl like you. A foreign girl. His ideal type has always been Korean, so maybe there's still a little bit of that in him."

Lyra stood there smiling awkwardly at MInzy, not quite sure how to respond. " Oh", was all she could utter out.

" It's just an observation from someone who has known him for awhile. Maybe the reality,  that he won't have a Korean wife is hitting him, so he wants to make the wedding a Korean as possible. But of course he loves you Lyra, regardless of all that. Anyways, I'd better grab a drink and then head back. Talk to you later.", said MInzy waving and turning a corner towards the cafeteria. She watched Lyra's puzzled expression as she walked away and a small smirk formed across her lips.

.............................

Later that night after everyone had gone to bed, Dara decided to stay up and do a little investigating. She was concerned about Dae's erratic behavior since the announcemnt of TOP and Lyra's wedding. He was distant and although he would put on a happy face, there was a subtle sadness behind his eyes. The sadness though, would instantly turn to fury and irritaion whenever anyone brought up Ruslana. What was it about this Ruslana girl? Who was she and why was Dae being so  secretive and awkward when it came to discussing her? Dara decided to look on his C-me page, a relatvely unknown blog/facebook/my space social networking site, only availble to those in affluent circles. Celebrities, politicians and the like. She clicked on his friends database and searched for Ruslana. She scrolled down a list of a 100 names, but nothing.

"  Crap!", Dara rested her palm against her chin and tried to figure out what her next step was. She was an expert snooper, nothing to be proud of per - say , but  when she wanted to find out things, she had her ways.

" A ha!", she said, having a eureka moment. She clicked on an icon that uncovers hidden friends. Since one has to know the password to get past that point , Dara used a technique she found on the web. She entered a series of numbers that allowed her entry on to the hidden friends page. She had basically hacked into Daesung's private page. The screen displayed that there was only one hidden friend. She clicked on it and low and behold, a thumbnail photo of the blonde girl popped up. The name underneath the photo read, Ruslana Korshunova. Dara perused the photos looking for any clues only to find a bevy of sweet moments. Many of them of Ruslana and Dae laughing wildly, holding hands. Some with them exchanging tender pecks on the lips and sharing each other's food. They looked so in love, so enraptured in one another. Why on earth would Dae keep this girl hidden, especially if she made him so happy? Dara posed this question in her mind.

After viewing all the photos, she began reading the posts. Her eyes morphed into half suns as she melted reading the warm things they shared with one another and at other times she laughed aloud at the humorous things Dae had written. She was getting in by the moment, as if she was immersed in some fantastic romance novel. Suddenly however, it seemed that the communication changed. Ruslana's tone changed. She seemed despondant. Long sentences, almost full paragrahs became one word posts and the pleading in Dae's heart was evident, through his responses back. Suddenly in June 2008 it seemed that all communication stopped.

" What happend?, Dara muttered to herself, clicking away on her mouse. There was an area that showed friend history on the top left corner of the page. Dara read it aloud.

" Became friends March 2006  - deleted friend June 2008.", Dara stared out trying to put the pices together. " Hmmn, sounds like they just broke up, what's the big deal?", she surmised after researching. She was about to close out when something caught her eye. It was one photo, she had failed to notice. It looked more like a photo of a letter of some sort. She clicked on it to reveal a handwritten letter, half in English and half in Russian. She squinted her eyes to try and decipher what English words she could.

" You were like a son...warm heart...you touched Ruslana...geez, is that even English?", Dara grew frustrated but continued on.

" I will always remember you...sad days...she has a new home...always, Valentina Ku -Ku, Ku - somethng.", Dara gave up, trying to pronounce the last name. She blinked a few times trying to understand what she had just read.

" She has a new home? What does that mean? Ruslana has a new home? And who is Valentina, Ruslana's mom?" Dara sighed and decided to call it a night. She logged out and shut down her laptop, determined to tackle this again after a good night's rest.