How About It

Me and the Boys Volume 3: Closure

The San Francisco leg of the tour went off without a hitch. SUB-UNIT was scheduled for two nights and on the final night, they pulled out all the stops. The stage was fantastic, with pyrotechnics, a mini- film and a live band. The crowds energy level was electrifying. At the end of the show, they surprised the audience with a special rendition of Come Be My Lady, with Lyra harmonizing on vocals and picking up some of Seungri and Daesung's singing parts.There were three dancers on stage,  but unlike the original choregraphy, they did not dance with the guys, but served merely as performance backdrops. By the end of the song, the crowd had been worked into a frenzy, especially since Lyra served as YB's, GD's and TOP's object of desire. TOP's rap,  however coupled with he and Lyra's chemistry and flirting, pushed the fans over the edge, as ear piercing screams filled the venue. As the song ended, the dancers left the stage and SUB-UNIT took a moment to talk to the audience, as they always did. TOP surprisingly was the first to speak. He had been woirking on his English so he could communicate with International fans and had gotten pretty decent.

" Did you guys like that song?", he asked. The crowd screamed at the sound of his baritone voice.

" I'm glad. We enjoyed performing it for you. I love the song because it has a special meaning to me. It's always been a fun song about love but it's deeper.", he said turning to look at Lyra who was staring at him, enthralled. She was confused though as to why he suddenly turned to look at her. YB and GD pulled one of the chairs that was used as a dance prop up to Lyra and motioned her to sit down. She looked even more confused, glancing at the guys in bewilderment. She slowly sat down and looked back at TOP. He continued and she noticed his hands were shaking.

" One of my favorite lines in the song is let me show you I can love you, from the depths of my heart -", TOP turned his gaze from the audience to Lyra as he walked towards her and grabbed one of her hands. Lyra's eyes widened and her heart began to race. What was he doing she thought  to herself. 

" - Lyra, I think you already know how much I love you and that I love you from the depths of my heart, the deepest parts. Parts I didn't even know existed...until I met you. So since Iv'e already asked you to come be my lady, I want to take it to the next level and ask you to come be my wife.", TOP paused and kneeled as the crowd completely lost  it. Lyra was now nearly in tears. As TOP placed one knee on the floor he looked at the audience for approval.

" Is this right? Is this how they do it America?", he joked as YB ran up with the ring box. " So how about it Lyra? Dangsin i nawa gyeolhonhae jugess-eo? Will you marry me?", he asked. Lyra leapt off the chair, knocking it over in the process.

" Yes! Yes! Oh my -", she choked on her words and wrapped her arms around TOP as he lifted her off the ground and spun her around. He then set her down and shakily placed a tahitian pearl and diamond encrusted ring on her finger before planting a sweet, tiny kiss on her lips. http://www.newjewelrytrends.com/wp-content/uploads/tahitian-pearl-engagement-ring.jpg. GD who was starting to tear up, applauded along with YB. YB grabbed the mic and decided it was a good time to crack a joke.

" This would not have gone so well in Korea, so we had to do it here , in the states."  The audience continued to cheer as Lyra admired her ring and TOP pelted her cheek with kisses. They then all hugged and immediately launched into an extremely spirited version of Heaven , with all sorts of bright and colorful adornments falling from the ceiling. All four of them sang, danced, hugged one another and ran around the stage like kids, elated from what had just happened. Lyra was overjoyed by the fact that she would be Mrs. Lyra Choi. The night felt like Heaven indeed.

........................................

The next day Lyra was still on cloud nine. She wasn't quite sure if she were dreaming or not. Although she was no stranger to engagement, something about it being with TOP, felt different to her. Sure , she was excited when Evan asked her initially, but the joy she felt this time around was inexplicable.

The crew had a free day in San Francisco before flying out the next morning to Texas, New York and finally Canada,  before heading back to Seoul. So TOP and Lyra spent the entire day, just the two of them, exploring the city. They did breakfast and shopping in Haight Ashbury, where TOP showered Lyra with an in sane amount of clothes, shoes and jewelry. Lunch took place at Fisherman's Wharf, followed by photo ops at the Golden Gate Bridge and they ended the day touring one of San Fran's prized museums. For the evening TOP planned a special dinner in Chinatown, which boasted the largest, oldest Chinatown outside of Asia as well as the best Chinese food one can get outside of China itself. He made reservations at a place called R&G Lounge, a somewhat upscale restauraunt in the heart of the city.

Lyra looked at herself in the mirror, wearing one of the new dresses TOP had bought her, a beige,orange-cream and tangerine, tri-tone chiffon dress that tied at the waist. She paired it wiith these shoes http://static.heels.com/images/shoes/main_view/large/ZSRLA054_MAIN_LG.jpg. Her hair was done in a thick , high bun like this http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llqcz2wMVE1qd9m2co1_500.jpg, with  a few tendrils of loose hair hanging down. She donned massive heart shaped hoop earrings and her make up was a pallette of corals. She did a final check before she heard a knock at the door. She opened it up to see TOP standing there and her eyes brightened.

" Well hello, my amazingingly handsome fiance.", she smiled.

" Hello to you, my gorgeous, amazing fiance.", he retorted as he pulled her in for a warm embrace.

" Mmn, you smell good. You look good too.", she said as they kissed. He was dapper in a black sportscoat and mint green v-neck t shirt with black pac-mans on it. He had on black skinny jeans slightly cuffed and black loafers. His hair, now back to black, was styled so that his bangs were laying against his forehead, which showed off his bone structure perfectly.  He stared at her approvingly as well.

" These colors look great against your skin.", he said softly kissing her left shoulder, with his hands still around her waist.

" We are being sickeningly cute right right now. We should stop.", she said.

" No, we shouldn't.", he replied.

" Yeah your'e right, we shouldn't.", Lyra smiled as they chuckled at their own silliness.

" You ready?", he asked.

" Yes, I am starving right now.", she declared.

" What else is new.", he joked. She playfully punched his arm.

" Shut up Seunghyun. So oh my gosh! Were getting married!", Lyra exclaimed as if she just remembered what was happening. TOP smiled and tightend his grip around her waist as they walked out the door and down to the parking garage of the hotel they were staying at. Lyra was full of questions as to what the next step was, how they would tell everyone including fans, the wedding date and so much more. TOP started the rental car and began driving out of the lot.

" Jagi, jagi - breathe.", he said staring at her. She looked at him, inhaled and then exhaled. " Ok, again.", he said . She repeated the breathing exercise.

" Ok, now - I know this is exciting but let's enjoy this engagemnet period. Not gonna lie though, I can't wait to find a sic tux!", he admitted as Lyra laughed. " But tonight, we'll have a great dinner, finish up the tour and then afterwards we can start focucing on planning the wedding.", he assured her.

" Yay!", she cheered. After a 15 minute drive, they pulled up to the restauarunt. They walked in and a waiter ushered Lyra and TOP to a seating area in the back of the restauraunt, that they had sectioned off, with a beautiful, wooden and pearl encrusted Chinese partition. When the waiter pulled it back, Lyra gasped at the group of familiar faces seated at the table. The "intimate" dinner TOP promised her included the rest of Bigbang, the 2NE1 girls , The Choi's and the Colfaxes.

" You guys are all here!!", she shrieked, then looked back at TOP. " Seunghyun! So sneaky, sneaky!" she laughed. She then made her rounds and hugged everyone as they congratulated her. After the fanfare, Lyra took a seat next to TOP who then asked YB to whip out his ipad.

" So that's not all.",said TOP pulling up Skype and dialing in YG. Lyra gasped again.

" Get out!", she yelped, as TOP continued to smirk about his amazing plan. YG's voice and face soon appeared on the screen.

" Lyra, congratulations are in order. I wish I could be there, but you know I don't socialize with the talent.", he joked. Everyone laughed except for Lyra's family because YG had was speaking in Korean.

" What they laughin' about?", asked Teya. Gina shrugged while Kayleen fought to figure it out.

" Something about congratulations and society?", she guessed. YG continued on.

" In regards to fans, we will release an offcial statement today and post it on the official YG site, Twitter page and the YG blog.Thanks Jiyong for the pics you sent me yesterday.", said YG as he winked at Lyra who was still in awe at the covert operation that had been planned right under her nose. " I think with the way things have been going with SUB-UNIT, fans will be pleased. I also expect the video footage of the concert proposal to go viral by the end of the week. This engagement is going to generate a lot of buzz, especially since Korea's iest Kpop star will be permanently off the market.", said YG. TOP blushed a little as Teya looked at him, nodding in agreement understanding at least the word y. Donique pinched her, causing Teya to flinch and roll her eyes at her best friend.

" So expect lots of a great feedback, but expect some jealous fangirls as well. All in all, I'm happy for the both of you. Lyra, your'e a good woman to agree to marry a man like Choi Seunghyun.", YG teased, illiciting laughter from everyone except Papa Choi and of course the Colfaxes, who just smiled awkwardly.

" I'll translate everything later.", Lyra whisphered in her mother's ear.

" I cant think of two people more suited for one another and I'm here to help with any wedding plans or anything else you need . Enjoy this time and enjoy  this night!", YG concluded.

" Thank you so much!! You have always been such a great support to  all of us. Your'e the best! " said Lyra as YG semi blushed.

" Ok, well save it for the wedding. Take care guys, talk soon.", he said finally, dialing out.

" Alright , let's order some food huh?", said GD. Everyone dug into their menus, talking to one another, laughing and giggling. Lyra showed off her ring to everyone while TOP gushed on about how he proposed. Daesung smiled as he listend to TOP recount the tale, with a faint smile on his face. He finally got up and excused himself from the table.

" I definitely want to hear this amazing story, but nature calls. I'll be right back.", he said smiling and walking to the men's room.

TOP continued on, " So I got on my knees and checked with the audience to make sure I was doing it right and then..."

As soon as Daesung made it to the bathroom, he checked to make sure it was empty . He then locked himself in one of his stalls, sat on the toilet and began to weep. HIs cries, started as mere tears and slowly turned into sobs. He put his hands over his face as his shoulders shook. The last of the tears poured out and he quickly began to put himself back together. He grabbed tissue from the roll and dried his eyes, dumping the tissue in the toilet. He flushed and walked out to the sink to wash his hands. He looked in the mirror and realized how red his eyes were. He pulled out some eye drops and trickled some in each eye. He took a deep breath, smiled at himself in the mirror to make sure he didnt look as if he had been crying, then walked back out to re- join the dinner party.