Strange Season

Me and the Boys Volume 3: Closure

The night of the BIg Show finally arrived and since SUB-UNIT'S popularity had gone back up, they had a wonderful turnout. There were also many Se7en supporters that came out to express their concern over what had happened to him. The mood was definitely somber, but SUB-UNIT managed to pull off a fierce performance despite the atmosphere. Se7en was recovering and now in stable condition but the details surrounding the incident was still shrouded in mystery. During the final performance of the night, fans held up bouquets of flowers and waved them in the air in honor of him.

After the show ended Lyra and the guys left immediately, they couldn't be bothered with fans or meaningless conversations, everything was far too intense these days and no one knew exactly how to deal with it or where to go. All they knew is that they wanted peace and quite, not necessarily with one another either.

" Chae and I are going back to the dorm, maybe pop in a movie. You guys wanna join?", GD asked.

" Naw, I'm probably just gonna crash out.", said YB.

" I'm tired too, I'm gonna head home, Hye Yoon's sleeping over.", said TOP. Lyra looked at him, sad that he didn't invite her. He seemed to be pushing her away again, though not as blatant as before, but subtley. Often he just wanted to be alone or with his immediate family, though he still called and was as affectionate as ever. But she rarely saw him outside of the studio or rehearsals.

" Well, can I hang with you guys?", asked Lyra to CL and GD.

" Of course you can.", CL smiled at Lyra, noticing her demeanor. Hye Yoon and TOP's parents appeared from behind the backstage door entrance. TOP's eyes landed on Hye Yoon and suddenly brightened. He stepped quickly to her and hugged her.

" Ah, sissy - you look so beautiful tonight. Ready to hang with your little bro?", he asked, tugging at her short sleeved shirt, playfully. Hye Yoon smiled.

" Ya...ya-es, yes.", she managed to get out. TOP smiled down at her. " Good job yeobo, good job.", he turned his attentions to his parents and hugged them both.

" She had so much fun and it was really beautiful what they did for Se7en.", commented Mama Choi who peered over at Lyra.

" Lyra, hi -I almost didn't see you there. Great job tonight.", said Mama Choi reaching in for a hug. Lyra hugged back.

" Thank you so much.", said Lyra who made eye contact with Mr. Choi. " Mr. Choi, hello.", she said. He half smiled and grunted at her.

" Will you be spending time tonight with TOP and Hye Yoon as well?", asked Mama Choi.

" No...I uh, wasn't exactly invited.", she said. Mama Choi glared back at TOP.

" Son, why didnt -", TOP stopped his mother mid-sentence.

" It's ok, mom - we don't need to spend every waking hour together, besides I haven't had a chance to spend any time with sissy, one on one.Besides, Lyra's going to hang with Jiyong and Chae tonight.", said TOP.

" Yeah, it's fine. He needs time with his sister.", said Lyra who walked over and gave Hye Yoon a hug.

" However, I defintely want to spend some time with you. I miss you. Once your brother is done hogging you to himself, then your'e all mine.", smiled Lyra. Hye Yoon giggled and returned the smile. She hugged Lyra.

" I...m...miss, yow..tuh..tuh...too.", Hye Yoon stuttured out. Lyra smiled at her as TOP watched on, second guessing his decision to not invite Lyra, however he didn't say anything. Why change plans so late in the game anyway?

" Alright guys, let's get going.", he said kissing Lyra on the cheek. " I love you. Call you soon. Have fun tonight.", he said.

" Ok.", said Lyra , giving TOP  a faint smile. Everyone said their goodbyes and made their way out. As Lyra was walking out, she got a text. As soon as she saw Hyunjoong's name pop up, she rolled her eyes.

Hyunjoong: Great show tonight. Just wondering if you wanted to meet up for coffee soon? I know your'e dating Seunghyun,so don't worry. This is business. I have a project that I'd love to collaborate with you on. Call me.

Lyra looked at the text and considered it, but not tonight. She just wanted to kick back with friends and get lost in another reality.

.................................

The next day YG held a meeting. This meeting not only involved SUB-UNIT and 2NE1, but all of YG's talent as a whole, including staff members and actors alike. Since Daesung no longer needed to look after Minzy,he was also there and of course Minzy was sworn to secrecy, having had to take a KISO oath.So she would not dare out him. It seemed to YG these days, that he was breaking a record in impromptu meetings since all the CAP/Se7en business. However he had gotten some news regarding Se7en,  that he felt needed to be shared with all of YG staff.

It was 8am and everyone shuffled in, droopy eyed and tired. Since Seungri was in Japan, they Skyped him in. Lyra used her laptop and propped him on her lap, facing outward, so that he could take part.

" I never thought sitting on a girl's lap would be so awkward.", he joked, illiciting laughter from a few people who were still settling in. Lyra turned the laptop to face her.

" Ah, Ri - Please  keep the jokes coming, because  after this meeting. I feel like were' gonna need them.", she said.

TOP arrived soon thereafter and took a seat next to Lyra. He grabbed her hand and kissed her on the cheek.

" Good morning.", he smiled at her looking cute in indigo skinny jeans, chucks and a sky blue Fubu polo shirt. Lyra smiled back.

" I wanna talk to you after this.", he whispered to her.

" Ok.", she said.

" Hey! I'm right here.", declared Seungri.

" Can you turn him around?", teased TOP as Lyra laughed and obliged.

YG proceeded to start the meeting.

" Alright, so here we are. I called everyone in this time, because the news I'm about to share affects us all. As you know, Dongwook fell prey to that snake CAP and suffered greatly at his hands. I saw some photos of him and it's like something out of a horror film. But that's not the worst of it. Apparently Dongwook is not as innocent as he seems. There was plenty of speculation that he was definitely involved. However, It was revealed that CAP is indeed Soon Tecks son and he divulged some info. that clearly pinpoints Dongwook as not only being involved, but as being the head of the Dangbu Hall Cartel himself.", said YG. A wave of shock fell over the room.

" How can they prove it though? CAP is crazy, why would they believe anything that comes out of his mouth?", protested YB.

" Because everything he's told them has panned out already. He pointed them to illegal documents with Dongwook's aliases on them, which indeed turned out to be phantom identities.Those aliases also led back to Danbgu Hall transactions, which were nothing but a series of laundering cover ups, that he divied up between his ring and a lucriative drug trade.The documents that were stolen from Bin Yang were also found in Dongwook's posession, and they interviewed all the people CAP mentioned and the stories all matched up.There are countles of witnesses who are speaking up, the most disturbing are that of young girls sold into the rings...they see this as their only chance to get out. In addition, they have uncovered his involvement in many other activities, including gambling and black diamonds. Anyway, this hits the papers this morning and will be in the news, I'm guessing for months. That means wer'e gonna have to ride this out. As a company and a family , were gonna take another hit. It's dissapointing considering we had just bounced back from CAP's antics with SUB-UNIT, but now that one of our own has been uncovered as a criminal, citizens may again point an accusing finger and brand us negatively, based on the folly of just one.", he paused to check the temperature of the room.The looks of all the downcast faces broke his heart, but he had to figure out a way to keep morale up and keep everyone hopeful.

" I wish I wasn't sharing this right now. But here's the thing, we can lean on one other for supporrt. I know there are going to be many feelings,  so if anyone wants to talk to me, one on one, for more details or clarity, I'll be available. Also talk to each other. Don't fester in anger or depression, because it spreads like cancer and will be evident to everyone. To the media and to the fans. I'm not saying pretend, but rather lets deal with it and prove ourselves to be victors, so that we can rise above this and come out stronger on the other end.", he concluded.

" That's it, I need to wrap this up as I have reporters and magazine publications down my back right now. In addition, the authorities still want to ask more questions, but I should be available later this afternoon from 4 to 5,  for anyone who wants to talk. You are all excused."said YG as his phone began ringing off the hook.

The room was heavy with a mix of sorrow and fear. The future seemed quite uncertain and nothing made sense anymore, to anyone. Minzy surveyed the room. She first noticed Daesung's puzzled expression. Although Hanbyul suspected Se7en all along, Daesung never wanted to fully believe it,even while protecting Minzy and knowing of her own involvement. All of the guys shared the same level of denial, it seemed. She glanced at YB, whose jaw was clenched, his denial having advanced to anger. TOP and Lyra were in an embrace and he looked like a child on the brink of collapse as his world  seemed to be unraveling everyday. Minzy took notice of it all, she too may have been just as devastated if she hadn't been an eyewitness herself. A firsthand accomplice...Se7en's  right hand woman. What this would do to the soul of YG, to the core, to it's people? It was times like these that made the fragility of the human condition so painstakingly clear. It was a strange season, indeed.