The Big Day

Me and the Boys Volume 3: Closure

The next morning Lyra woke up with butterflies fluttering around in her stomach. It was finally here, her wedding day. Her real wedding day. She thought to herself, how grateful the man she would be saying I do to, was TOP and not Evan. She arose in her bed and looked over at the empty space were Bom had been sleeping. Bom was already up in the shower, singing. It was as if she was as excited as Lyra was. The shower turned off and Lyra heard Bom step out. She looked at the clock and it was 8 AM. The wedding ceremony would start at 4 PM. Lyra had to get up and get going, because although it seemed she had a lot of time, the truth was that she really did'nt. Bom walked back into the room, her long auburn hair dripping wet and a towel wrapped around her tiny frame. She jumped on the bed and gave Lyra a bear hug.

" Happy wedding day!!!!", she yelled almost knocking Lyra off the bed, who was laughing and returned the hug.

" I know! I know! I can't believe it!!!", said Lyra as they both began shreiking like little girls.

" Ok, so you only have seven hours until Mrs, Choi time!", said Bom.

" Oh my gosh, I'm gonna be Mrs. Choi!!!", Lyra said and she shreiked again, jumping and rolling on the bed and thrashing around like a maniac.

Lyra abruptly stopped. " Ok, time to get serious."

" Yes, it is. So first thing, let's get you in the shower!", commanded Bom as Lyra jumped out of the bed and headed to the bathroom. The day was jam packed and looked a little something like this:

8:30 -10 AM BREAKFAST

Lyra, escorted by CL and Bom meet up with all the other bridesmaids at a traditional Moroccon breakfast spot just a few blocks away.

10 AM - 10:30

Afterwards, they all drive to Tangier Bay, which houses the facility where the ceremony will take place. It's a beauitiful ivory colored structure with a breathtaking view of the ocean. There Lyra is whisked off to a private room to get ready.

11 AM - 12 PM

Lyra sits back, relaxes and gets the star hair treatment from celebrity hair stylist Ted Gibson. She sips on mint tea and allows herself to unwind for the hour.

12 PM -1 PM

Lunchtime! Food is catered from a high end restauarant nearby , that serves up Moroccon/French fusion cuisine. Lyra also receives a text, from her husband to be telling her how much he loves her and can't wait to see her at the alter.

1 PM

Lyra begins the process of putting on the dress. A photographer also arrives to take behind the scene action shots of her putting on her undergarments, such as her bustier, garter, stockings and such. These will be classy but y, burlesque style of photos solely for TOP, to be done in black and white and placed in a seperate album. Once the dress is on, she admires herself in the full lenght mirror and gleefully smiles as the girls gather around and snap photos of and with her.

1:30 PM - 2:30 PM

Jay Manuel of Americas Next Top model arrives  and Lyra nearly falls out of her chair, onto the floor. He has flown out to do her  make-up as a surprise gift from her mother. Lyra finally calms herself down and allows him to get to work.

2:30 - 3:30 PM

The photographer gathers the ladies on the beach to take phtotos. They all have fun with it, running up and down the beach, dancing and laughing wildly.

3:30 - 4 PM

The wedding is held outside on a patio area, set on a hill that overlooks the ocean and the decor is spectacular, Servants are busy adding the final touches to the tables, chairs and table arrangements.The color scheme is a Light/Aqua - Blue, Mango and Peach http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj614/proverbsgurl/ColorPallette.jpg.  Strips of pearl colored, sheer fabric paired with the same fabric, dotted with blue and peach flowers, are draped and billowing overhead in the warm beach breeze. The tables are set with white linen and pearl colored strips of satin fabric running across. Each individual table has either a large, clear glass vase filled with water and mango hued beads or medium sized blue vases with peach colored ostrich feather boquets, bundled in pearls, sprouting out of them. They are placed on every other table. TOP and Lyra's wedding table has two medium sized mango bead vases with a large blue, feathered vase wedged in between. Both family tables are long, rectangles and have both style of vases, ( medium sized and large) spaced at every seat, every other style. The cake is a spectacular, blue damask cake, with chocolate fondant embroidery. It has three tiers with a layer of ivory roses between each tier.  The guests begin trickling in and are blown away by the creativity and burst of colors. The decor is enhanced by the bright rays of sunshine, beaming from the sky overhead.

4:15 PM

The ceremony finally begins. All the groomsmen and bridesmaids (with the exception of the best man and matron of honor) walk out, one by one. Boy, girl, boy , girl, so on and so forth. The guys are dressed in classic black tuxes with aqua skinny ties. The pants however are tapered, mod-style with the hem, barely grazing the ankle. A violinist and pianist play traditional Korean music as everyone walks down the aisle. Next up are the maid of honor and best man. Of course in this case it's the man of honor, Seungri walking out with Daesung. The crowd chuckle a bit as Seungri takes his place next to the ladies. Gina comes out alone as the matron of honor, taking her spot next to Seungri, but at the top, next to where Lyra will be.

The ringbeareras come out next. YG's daughter slowly walks out with a small ring box on a pillow, smiling at all the guests. Her little pigtails bounce as she makes her way to the front. Her cute cherubic face causes everyone to smile and coo. One of YG staffs little boys follows behind with the other ring, looking just as adorable in his mini -tux.

Afterwards, TOP appears, strolling down the aisle ,looking dapper in a perfectly tailored black tuxedo, with an aqua vest underneath and a striped dark and light aqua bowtie.The pants are that same tapered, mod style paired with matching aqua, Italian dress shoes. His hair is styled like it was for the Calvin Klein campaign. Tousled up, with a James Dean flair http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj614/proverbsgurl/TOPlook.jpg.

After a few heartpounding moments Lyra stands at the other end of the aisle. The guests arise upon her entrance as she gracefully proceeds forward towards TOP. As soon as he sees her, he takes a deep breath and a  tear falls from his eye. He can't believe how beautiful she looks.The bone white dress fits her flawlessly, accented by her wild dark tresses that have been piled high into a loose updo with a braid sweeping across the forehead, accented by a strand of pearls http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj614/proverbsgurl/LyrasLook.jpg.

She arrives to meet him and he smiles at her, grabbing both of her hands. He kisses them as he wipes the tear from his eye. Per Korean custom, Lyra as the bride bows twice before her husband to be and in turn, TOP does the same to her.They repeat this process again and continue with the ceremony. Much of the ceremony is western,except for TOP's mother presenting them with a wooden geese, as a sign that they will be committed and loyal to one another.

After the usual vows are exchanged, both TOP and Lyra exchange their own personal vows to one another. TOP does his in the form of an original rap that he has written for Lyra about her beauty and why no other woman, has ever or will ever compare to her. She is touched and almost bursts into tears. Lyra is then handed an acoustic guitar and proceeds to sing to TOP an original song about their love and their journey together, which illicits another couple of tears from TOP. After exchanging rings,the minister finally says the words that everyone has all been waiting for.

" I may now pronounce you man and wife.You may kiss the bride."

TOP leans in, wrapping his arms around Lyra's waist and presses his lips against hers. The guests stand up, applauding and screaming as TOP continues to kiss Lyra while lifting her body and twirling her around in the air. He sets her down and they both raise their hands in the air triumphantly, as they walk down the aisle to the tune of Queen's We Are The Champions.