Static

Me and the Boys Volume 3: Closure

During their 13 hour flight to Morocco, Lyra and TOP sat together and talked excitedly of their wedding day. They sat in their spacious firs tclass seating area, with their legs sprawled in front of them and their heads propped on pillows.

" The weather is gonna be awesome!", said Lyra.

" I know, all warm and sunny and those beaches. I can't wait to do absolutely nothing, with my soon to be new wife", he smiled as he leaned over and gave Lyra soft peck on the lips.

" Mmmn, I know. I'm gonna be Lyra Choi. I really like how that sounds.", she giggled.

TOP smiled and pinched one of her cheeks. " I do too, Jagi." he intertwined his fingers with hers and looked into her eyes. " I love you so much."

She returned his gaze. "I love you too.", she cooed. " But, I have to ruin this Hallmark moment, nature calls.", she said getting up. He chuckled as he watched her walk away.  As she stood up, her phone fell out of her sweatshirt pocket onto the seat. He grabbed it and set in in his lap for safekeeping until she returned. After a minute or two, it buzzed. He looked down to see Evan's name. He furrowed his full eyebrows, puzzled as to why Evan would be calling , especially at a time ike this. His confusion quickly turned to anger as her phone continued to ring. A couple of minutes later Lyra returned , bouncing back into her seat. She noticed TOP's demeanor and the scowl on his face.

" Babe, what's wrong? You look upset.", she asked.

He handed her the phone. " Because I'm  wondering why Evan is calling you.", he answered, pointing to the missed call, displaying Evan's name.

Lyra's entire body went hot, her palms began to sweat and her heart rate increased. She was afraid, because she had'nt had a chance to tell TOP yet. She fumbled to find the right words.

" Oh ,why is he caling me? Honestly I was going to tell you...um, he's actually been calling me...for awhile.", she gulped.

TOP stared at her in silence for a moment, cleary trying to compose himself so he could hear her out. " OK, so why have'nt you told me?"

" I don't know, really. A couple of times I was going to but I got scared and I did'nt want you to freak out or get angry because, it's just him calling me. I never return his calls and I've texted him back telling him I'm too busy to talk. That I'm planning my wedding. He knows wer'e getting married."

" Have you told him to stop calling you?", asked TOP, still perturbed, but having calmed down a bit.

" No, I don't want to be mean or anything.", Lyra squeaked.

TOP sighed and ran his hands through his thick black hair. " Really Lyra? Really? He has no business calling you, you guys are done. If he's trying to weasel his way back into your life, then he's crossing some serious boundaries. You don't need to be nice to him. How long has he been calling you?", TOP replied his anger flaring up again.

Lyra hesitated but answered regardless. " October of last year.", she winced, waiting for his reaction.

"8 months ago?! He's been calling you for 8 months Lyra and you're just now telling me this?!", he growled as Dara, GD and CL looked over at them.

" I know, I know. I'm so sorry I'm a coward, I should have said something earlier, I just thought he would stop. But he didnt. I told him I was happy with you and  that we were getting married. I told him I had no idea why he was calling me. So I hung up on him. Ever since,  he calls me at least every two or three weeks."

" Lyra... I have to be honest, I'm really hurt and dissapointed. Wer'e getting married and you're keeping secrets from me?"

" It's not a secret, at least it was'nt meant to be. I meant to tell you , I really did."

" So you were scared? Why? If you have nothing to hide, why be scared? It seems like he's just bugging you and being a weirdo, unless you like it. I know how much you like attention. You told me yourself.", he snapped.

" Oh, so wer'e going there? I told you that I liked attention from you and that was because I was crushing on you, big time. You think I like this? Him calling me all the time and not knowing what to tell him? We were great friends before we were anything else and I just don't know how to handle this. Yeah, he's being a creeper but I don't want ot hurt his feelings. Just because he was a bad fiance does'nt mean he's a bad person. The truth is, I feel sorry for the guy. I can't just tell him to screw off and get out of my life.", she reasoned.

" Well I can. I'll do it now.", TOP said,  grabbing the phone about to dial Evan's number. Lyra snatched the phone back.

" Stop being a jerk!', she said.

" I'm the jerk, because your ex -fiance is stalking you on the eve of our wedding and I want to tell him to leave you alone? ", TOP just shook his head. " I can't believe this.", he finished as he slipped headphones on.

" So your'e just gonna zone out, now?", asked Lyra.

" Yes. I can't talk to you right now. I'm hurt, I'm disappointed and more than anything I'm mad. it's best if I don't say anything else right now."

" Babe...I... I'm sorry.", she stuttered, but TOP had already turned up the music and tuned her out. Lyra sighed as a tear rolled down her face, but she hid it so that TOP would not see. She got up and wedged herself next to Bom in her seat/pod causing both of them to share the same space. She started crying and laid her head on Bom's shoulder as Bom immediately wrapped an arm around her. YB who was on the other side of Bom, looked on, confused.

" I should have told him and now he's mad at me.", mumbled Lyra, through her tears. Bom just nodded and her hair ,letting her cry. YB still looked confused.

Bom mouthed the words,  " I'll tell you later.", to YB.

....................................

Later at 3 PM in the afternoon, they landed in Tangier. Things between TOP and Lyra however,  were still unsettled. He was speaking to her,  but only in regards to details such as checking in, reservations, accomodations for his and her family and things of that nature. In addition, everyone would be arriving and they were set to have an extravagant dinner in one of the Hotel's private room's. Things would be awkward indeed, if the "happy couple" were not interacting during a pre-wedding dinner in their honor. Lyra was sharing a room with Bom until the wedding night, when she would then move into TOP's suite and they would leave the following day for Larache. A more scenic, less populated, sleepy, beach city. There they would have their own villa for a week and half. Lyra unpacked her things and sank onto the bed. Bom looked over at her pitifully.

" Aww hun, you have to talk to him. I mean, I know he's kind of giving you the cold shoulder, but truthfully...the ball is in your court. You kind of screwed this one up yourself.", said Bom.

" I know. I did, because I'm an idiot. I'd just rather not have to deal with any of this right now."

" Yeah, but you're gonna have to, otherwise tonight is gonna be a disaster! I mean the two of you sitting there, in silence, when your'e getting married in two days?", reasoned Bom.

Lyra whipped out her phone. " Ok, first, I'm gonna do this.", Lyra said, resolute as she texted Evan. " I have to do it like this, because I don't want to get pulled into a conversation with him.", Lyra said, finishing texting and then handing Bom her phone. " Read it.", she told her. Bom did as she said.

Evan I'm so sorry you are going through a rough time right now, but I'm not in a place to be there for you or be what you need me to be. I need to focus on my wedding and my fiance right now. So if you could please not call me anymore, I would greatly appreciate it. It's not beneficial for you and neither is it for me. But please take care of yourself.

 ------ Lyra

" it's good, it's good. Considerate, yet honest.", said Bom handing Lyra back the phone. Lyra hit send and looked at Bom, a sense of peace falling over her face.

..................................

It was 7 pm and dinner was fast approaching. Everyone was to meet in the private dining area at 8 PM and Lyra still hadn't spoken with TOP. She called him a few times. But he was busy unpacking, co-ordinationg a talk with Daesung and fighting with the staff, due to an issue with his parent's room not being available. Lyra was equally as busy. She had been scheduled for a mani/pedi as well helping her family get directions from the airport to the hotel, as they were horribly lost and eneded up 20 miles off in the opposite direction. By the time she was done with everything it was 6:00 and she rushed back to she and Bom's room to get ready.

Lyra stepped out into the hallway, deciding to forgo anymore calls and just go to TOP's room. She ran into Seungri on her way. He flashed her a huge smile and reached out for her hand.

" Ah, you look so pretty.", he said. She was wearing a flowing, sleeveless, floor lenght, eggplant colored dress. It had a haltered/Victorian collared neckline and a rope-like mustard colored belt that tied around her small waist. The dress showed off her petite hourglass figure perfectly, without her looking tawdry. Her thick hair was styled in medium sized waves and pinned , so that it flowed down her back and shoulders to one side. It was also parted in a way that it slightly swept across her forehead.

Although she looked great, Seungri  noticed the weak smile on her face.

" That expression is not so pretty though. You okay yeobo?", he asked.

" Ugh, Seunghyun is mad at me and I don't blame him...I never told him about Evan calling me.", she looked at Seungri, shamefully.

" Ah Lyra, are you kidding me? That was like 8 months ago. For such a smart girl you make some dumb decisions.", he blurted.

Lyra chuckled,in agreement " I do don't I? But I always right my wrongs, so I'm gonna go find him now."

" Take a number. I think he's in there having an intense conversation with Dae."

" Oh really? Maybe it has to do with how strange he's been acting lately. Do you know how long theyv'e been talking?"

Seungri shrugged. " I don't know, fifiteen, twenty minutes maybe?"

....................................

Dae was in TOP's room, spilling his guts. Although the events surrounding Ruslana and her death were still painful,talking with Dara eased the burden and the emotions didn't seem to overtake him as much as before.

" So she's dead?", asked a shocked TOP.

" Yeah, she has been, for four years."

" Wow, I'm sorry. I'm sorry you felt like you could'nt talk about it but ...that was so traumatic."

" I feel like a weirdo. In love with a corpse.", sulked Daesung.

" No man, she's more than a corpse. She's as vibrant and alive in your heart and mind as she ever was. She'll never be just a corpse.", said TOP, putting his arm around his friend.

" I honestly don't know if I'll ever be able to love anyone like I did her. It's really hard to give my heart to anyone, I mean I see pretty girls, pretty girls who are sweet and kind. Girls who have fantastic qualities, but I'm not over Ruslana yet...maybe I need some help huh?",asked Dae looking to TOP for an answer.

" Only you can answer that. I mean I would'nt be here if it were'nt for therapy. I knew I needed something. But everyone's different."

" Thanks hyung. I feel better now. I could'nt go in to this wedding, being your best man, without being honest with you and letting you know what was going on with me. You really are my best friend." The two hugged it out.

" I am man, I am.", said TOP. Daesung stood up after the hug ended.

" I uh...I'll think about the therapy thing. Maybe you could give me a number or something?". said Daesung.

TOP stood up as well and walked his friend to the door, gripping his shoulder. " Yeah, whatever you end up deciding. I got you."

Daesung had his signature smile plastered across his face as he turned the doorknob to leave.

" Cool, well have to get ready, so I can look half as handsome as you.", Dae chuckled as he stepped out into the hallway. He literally crashed into Lyra who was on her way to see TOP.

" Dae, I'm so sorry!", she shreiked.

" It's okay. You in a hurry?", asked Daesung. The door was still ajar and TOP could see Lyra in the hallwayy. His eyes met hers as she looked back and forth between Dae and him frantically.

" Just came to see Seunghyun.", she said as Dae moved past her .

" Well he's all your's. Later hyung, thanks for talking.", said Dae , waving to TOP before heading down the hall to his room. TOP and Lyra were left alone to stare at one another.

" Can we talk?", she asked. TOP nodded yes, let her in and shut the door.

................................

The dinner that night was in full swing. The dining room was decked out in true Moroccon fashion. Draped, satin and sheer fabrics hung  from the ceiling and billowed against the warn night air. There were cushions in vibrant fuschias, reds and purples accented by rich greens and chocolate browns. Plush pillows adorned the area and were completed with bouquets and candles of varying sizes. Lyra and TOP walked around the party, hand in hand, looking jovial and as in love as ever. Lyra at one point stepped away to chat with the girls, who were all gathered around a small table , enjoying drinks. They eyed her expectantly as she approached them.

" So, looks like you and Seunghyun are back to normal?", smirked CL.

" Yes! We totally are. We had a really good talk you guys. I apologized and showed him the text I sent Evan. I don't know man, when it comes to certain situations, I at conflict/resolution. I'm so afraid of hurting peoples feelings, or coming off as mean. Anyways, we talked about what I can do in the future and ways to grow in that area. Then he told me how it makes him feel, as a man and as my fiance. That really helped me out a lot, so yeah  it was a great talk...then we made out for fifteen minutes.", she smiled, mischeviously as the girls laughed.

" Ah,man, Seunghyun is gonna devour you on your wedding night, you can already see it in his eyes. He looks likes he wants to eat you alive.", said Bom.

" He can eat me any way he wants.", commented Lyra. This illicited more laughter.

" You're crazy Lyra.", said Dara, slightly embaressed by the comment.

" Where's Minj? I've hardly seen her all day?", asked Lyra. CL turned her head towards the left side of the room.

" Over there.", said CL dryly. Lyra looked over to see Minzy and Hyunjoong cuddled up in the corner, laughing and stealing kisses. They were both sipping glasses of wine and Minzy had one leg draped across him, exposing her thigh. Lyra shook her head then turned towards the other side of the room.

" Between she and my sister...", Lyra didn't finish ,as they all turned to see Lyra's youngest sister,  flirting with one of the Moroccon waiters. He had his arm around her waist and they were barely inches apart.

" For the love of all that is good, please keep those two apart.", said Dara.

" Seriously. Anyways. I'm gonna go mingle some more, I have'nt talked to Hyeyoon yet.", said Lyra getting up. The rest followed suit.

" Yeah, gonna find my y little Bae.", said Bom. They all made their way back to the party, when Lyra's phone began to buzz. She had already walked away and was unable to hear it.

....................................

Evan sat in his darkened living room with the phone to his ear. His one year old son Harlen, was coloring next to him on the couch. Evan waited as the phone  rang and rang. Finally it went to voicemail.

Lyra here, but not really. Leave a message and I'll get back to you when i can - beep.

" It's Evan again. I got your text, but I really need to talk to you. Please call me back...I just need a friend right now. Bye.", Evan hung up the phone and stared solemnly at his son, who was coloring a rainbow.