The Hidden

Me and the Boys Volume 3: Closure

The next day Lyra and TOP were set to meet up with their agent/lawyer to fill out paperwork for their marriage proceedings. TOP was able to clear two hours from set and arrived early. He walked into the ward office and took a seat. As he sat down, he was aware of the smiling and snickering women behind their desks, gawking at him. One lady smiled at him as he politely smiled back. After barely a minute of sitting, a young lady approached and ushered him into another office.

" Right this way sir.", she said,unable to take her eyes off of him. She led him to an office, with glass doors and windows. He saw a woman sitting there, her head buried in papers. She barely looked up as he stood there waiting to be acknowledged. She finally made eye contact and her entire face lit up.

" Mr.Choi, Iv'e been anticipating your arrival.", she smiled brightly, her thick raven hair pulled back into a full bun that sat at the nape of her neck. TOP looked at her as if he had seen her before, when it finally hit him. His eyes widened.

" Hee Jin? Is that you?"

" Yes! I wasn't sure if you'd remember!", her large doe eyes, gleamed.

" Wow, I haven't seen you since middle school! You look great, youv'e really grown.", said TOP. She was indeed a beautiful woman, standing at 5 feet 6 inches, with smooth ivory skin and a vibrant smile. Her eyes were quite large and round but curved up underneath, like some sort of wild-cat. She had a slender frame which was accented by her four inch heels and figure flattering two piece navy suit.

" I could say the same about you. When I first saw you on TV, I said oh my is that Seunghyun? Not so chubby anymore. But I guess I'm not so ugly anymore.", she chuckled.

" Oh stop, you were never ugly.", he said taking a seat.

" Well, you were always nice. I'm happy for you. Congrats on the marriage. Lyra is gorgeous, I didn't know you were into foreign women."

" Well Lyra is amazing, so her being foreign was never a factor. How about you? Married? Kids?"

" Married...and divorced, unfortunately."

" Sorry to hear that."

" It had to happen, he was very traditiopnal and I'm a modern girl, so it was inevitable."

Meanwhile Lyra had just rushed in and was getting directions to the office where TOP was at. She raced around the corner , spilling a manila folder full of papers onto the floor.

" Crap.", she uttered as she bent down to pick them up. She paused upon hearing TOP's distinctive laugh, co-mingled with another voice, a female voice she had never heard before. Whatever they were laughing about must have been pretty hilarious, because they were being extremely loud. She gathered the last of her papers and made it to the office to find TOP and a gorgeous lady laughing it up. They were so immersed in whatever story they were sharing, that it took a moment for TOP to notice her standing there. Minzy's word's echoed in Lyra's head 'Korean girls have always been his ideal type'. TOP grabbing her hand pulled her out of her head

" Oh hi Jagi!", he said, getting up and leading her in. " This is Hee Jin, we went to middle school together. Isn't that crazy?", he said.

" Hi, nice to meet you.", said Lyra bowing, but feeling awkward, as if she had barged in on a private party.

" Nice to meet you as well. We were just reminiscing.", said Hee Jin

" Oh, so did you guys...date...or something?", Lyra asked. TOP and Hee Jin looked at one another and laughed at the absurdity of the question.

" Gosh not at all. Far from it. I was pimply faced and all knees and elbows, with a bad poodle perm.", Hee Jin smiled.

TOP began laughing, " You weren't that hideous, come on now. But we had a couple of classes together. She was really smart. I was always hiding in the back writing rap lyrics."

" You shared some with me once, I knew you were talented then and so I'm not surprised your'e where your'e at now. And even though he was a little chubby, he's always been handsome.", said Hee Jin to Lyra. TOP blushed and looked down.

" Aww , thanks Hee Jin. See, sweetheart this girl is, she was the nicest girl in school.", praised TOP. Lyra smiled weakly. This was awkward , she thought to herself.

" Well enough of the past. Shall we get started?", said Hee Jin.

" Yes, let's.", said Lyra, a bit on edge.

...................................

Dara revealed her revelations to the girls about Daesung and Ruslana, however her good intentions were met with some resistance.Although everyone was truly concerned with Daesung's behavior as of late, it was Dara's methods that were questionable.

" Dude, you hacked his private account?!", roared CL.

" I know, but I had to. I was doing it for a good cause!", protested Dara.

" Sorry D, that's doesnt fly. What you did was illegal and there's no excuse for that.", added Bom.

Dara rolled her eyes and looked away. " I don't agree. I think when it comes to friendship, anything goes. He's obviosuly hurting and too afraid to tell anyone what's going on. He needs us right now and I had to think out of the box."

" And where did that get you? You don't know anymore now than you did before and you went behind his back!", asserted CL.

" As a matter of fact I do know more. Besides the strange letter and sudden end of communication, I found something else. Ruslana was an up and coming fashion model, I mean big time. She had already walked major runways and graced tons of magazine covers. Apparently she was good friends with a dude named Justin Whittaker. She mentioned him often in she and Dae's posts. I read up on this guy and he was a huge socialite in fashion circles. He was flamboyant with a knack for designing, he was hoping to break in the industry, by association, I'm guessing and may have suceeded if it were'nt for his drug problem. Well, the guy's been in jail twice for harassing and assualting women, models to be specific. The police concluded both acts of violence were  committed while he was under the influence of mainly, crystal meth.", stated Dara. Bom and CL were enthralled.

" Ok, so what does that have to do with the Ruslana girl?", asked Bom, confused.

" Well, all of this happened right around the time things were cooling down with she and Dae. She and Dae's correspondance changed dramaticlly in the beginning of June 2008. Justin was first arrested on charges, June 8th 2008. He was released a week later, saying they had inconclusive evidence. That same week Ruslana only posted once and she mentioned Justin in her post. It seemed, as she started to correspond less with Dae, she was spending more and more time with Justin. I'm guessing she did drugs, or maybe they were involved in some weird, co-dependant, abusive relationship. I don't now, but it seems weird to me. What if he hurt her and Dae had to step in and deal with some gnarly drug world weirdness. I tell you , if they broke up - it wasn't a clean break. There was probably some major drama involved. Maybe she's an addict now, maybe that's why he's sad or wanted to keep her a secret. But whatever went down with them, was dark. For sure."

Bom and CL sat silent for a moment, taking in the story they had just heard, before commenting.

" Ok, so that's intense. But It still doesn't make up for what you did, but it does explain why Dae may not want to talk about it. But I think you should stop where your'e at Dara. No more hacking and snooping. Let's just be there for him. He'll come around and will be grateful we didn't push him. Okay?", asked CL. Dara was silent. " I said okay?", CL persisted.

" Ok, ok. I'll stop. Man, I should work for KISO.", mumbled Dara.