If You Don't Know Me By Now

Me and the Boys Volume 3: Closure

Se7en found a cheap inn to stay at,  in Ala- Buka, a small village in Kyrgystan. He stood in front of the mirror and opened a box of hair dye. Wheat Blonde number 3477 was what was written on the box. He put on the plastic gloves provided and proceeded to mix the dye wih the bleach, as directed. After dispensing it in his hair, he had to wait the allotted time it took for it to set. He flipped on his itunes and put on Doris Days To Ulrike M. http://youtu.be/NeiPDOr-vAI. He flipped on the tv but kept it mute, so he could  watch the images but still listen to the music. The song took his mind to different places. He saw Hanbyul's face in his head. He missed her and wanted her close. She was really the only one he trusted. He missed her lips, how her body felt. He stood up and walked to the window and looked out at the villge women carrying groceries back to their homes. Their weathered , leathery faces showed signs of a life of toil. Maybe that was really living. Celebrity wasn't all it was cracked up to be...neither was a life of crime. But it was exciting and that is what he surmised, was the missing link between he and the commoners. He allowed many other thoughts to pass through his mind , when he looked at the clock. He walked back in the bathroom and rinsed his hair. It was very blonde and very perfect. He checked himself in the mirror and applied a small, black,  wax and latex mole to the left side of his face. He had allowed his facial hair grow out, so he looked quite scruffy. He finalized his look in the mirror and smiled.

..............................................

YG was in the recording studio along with the 2NE1 girls,YB, GD, Seungri and the rest of the YG family of artists. Minus Minzy, Dae and Se7en of course. He was bobbing his head to the beats that were coming out of the sound system. It was the song they had all written for Hye Yoon. They all were eagerly watching YG, looking for any hint of disapproval, however they saw none. Once the song was over they all looked at YG.

" It's good. Great beat, but emotive as well. I like the hook and the lyrics are inspiring without being being syrupy. I would say , shorten it, take out the third chorus and I'm not sure about the title. Locksmith? What is that...what is that suppossed to mean?",YG inquired.

" It means , instead of just relying on doctors and science to determine our fate, or in this case Hye Yoon's fate. Instead, she is the locksmith, she has the power within herself to set herself free of this. Because of her strong spirit, the song is saying she can overcome anything.", said GD. YG nodded showing he understood.

" Okay, okay...however , I think the title Locksmith doesn't suggest any of that. The lyrics do, once you listen to them,  but we need to lead the listener in, with a title that will take them by  the hand and open the door to the song. I suggest something along the lines of unshackled or maybe...", YG pondered, when Bom spoke up.

" Heroine! The feminine of HERO. It has strenght written all over over it, inside and out, able to overcome anything and it coincides with our lyrics too!", she beamed. YG and the rest seeemd pleased.

" I like it, I like it. Let's wrap this tight tonight , so we can get it broadcast tomorrow. Iv'e got the ok, from all the stations. Everyone is really supportive of Seunghyun and his family right now. I think this is not only going to encourage he and his family but it will shine a favorable light on YG family as a whole. Good work guys. Night.", said YG as he walked out of the room. Everyone then jumped up  and yelled in a celebratory fashion.

..................................

The next morning TOP, Mama and Papa Choi were gathered around Hye Yoons bed. TOP had just arrived , carrying a portable radio in his hands.

" Mwoyeyo? We don't need noise in here, yah!", said Papa Choi.

" Appa, everyone told me to bring this in today, because if we tune in, there's going to be a special dedication to Hye Yoon.", said TOP excitedly, placing the radio on her nightstand and turning it on. He sqeezed  in between his mom and dad and gave his mother a big hug.

" Saranghae.", he sais kissing his mom on the cheek.

" Nado saranghae.", she said , staring into TOP's eyes.

" So , any news?", asked TOP.

" Aniyo. The doctor should be in her any second, to give us his morning report.", said Papa Choi gruffly, looking at the monitors and adjusting her tubes, as if he knew how any of it functioned. Just then the doctor entered, with a somewhat dismal expression on his face.

" Doctor.", said Papa Choi.

" Hello. I uh...wish I had better news, but I might as well let you know what's going on so we can discuss your options.", said the doctor.

" Options? Why do we need to discuss options?", asked TOP , already getting upset.

" Well, her brain began swelling again late last night. We tried to stop it but it seems to be increasing instead of decreasing. We have a new medication we are trying out, that may actually work, We administered it right before you all arrived, we should see results within the hour. However, it's been two weeks and her condition has not improved. Based on my experience with this condition and her charts as of today...her chances of waking from this coma are looking bleak. Wer'e talking a 20% chance. If we are unable to stop the swelling, her chances drop even lower. Eventually her bodily functions would begin to shut down one by one and we would be lucky if she lasts another week...I'm so sorry to have to tell you this. but know ,we are tryng to do everything we can. Do you have any questions?", he asked. TOP and his parents all stared at Hye Yoon, dumbfounded and shocked. How could this be happening?  Mama Choi burst into tears  as TOP held her, a single tear falling from his own eye. He felt as if he was out of tears, he had cried so much already. At this point, all he felt was numbness.

" No doctor. We don't.", said Papa Choi.

" I will leave you , then. Again...I'm sorry.", he said exiting the room. Papa Choi sat down while TOP continued to hold his weeping mother. At that moment Heroine came on the radio. The familiar voices of YG familiy filled the room, with a powerful yet angelic melody:

Laid low, but not forever

Soft as lace and tough as leather

Heroine rise, your's songs' not over

Pick up your pieces and lie back in fields of clover

Heroine, Heroine...