Eunhyuk & I

8th Of May

We walked out of the venue and walked towards Eunhyuk's car. We hopped in and he drove off.


"Thanks,"I said, referring to my earlier personal encounter with DBSK.

"No problem,"he smiled.

"You know, Jaejoong told me something,"I started.

"What did he say? He can be full of rubbish sometimes,"Eunhyuk said.

"Well, he said that you were crying last week. What happened?"I asked.

"Its nothing. Miss my parents too much, I think,"Eunhyuk shrugged it off.

"Don't lie to me, Lee Hyuk Jae. Say the truth. Its no point lying to me, you know. I always know when you're lying,"I said firmly.

"Haemin, to tell you the truth, I'm afraid that I'm losing you. I waited three years for this opportunity and I know you were waiting too. Thats why I stayed single till I'm back in Korea. Then, I come back and found out you're with Sungmin. I know its hard for you after all that happen. But I really didn't expect you to really fall in love with Sungmin. And I can see from your eyes, you're already in love with him,"Eunhyuk said.

"Eunhyuk, I was waiting for you. I was even planning to reject Sungmin. But, I didn't know when you'll be back. Even Donghae doesn't know. If Donghae's doesn't know, you know that I'll be completely lost. And he suggested that maybe I should try it out. I didn't know I was going to like him like I do now,"this is the first time I admitted that I like Sungmin.

"I know. I'm really sorry for not writing to you,"Eunhyuk said.

"I thought you had my address. What happened?"I asked.

"I memorised it in fact but I was afraid you're angry with me and you are,"Eunhyuk explained.

"If you had sent that letter three years ago, we wouldn't be in this state,"I said.

"What are we going to do now?"he asked.

"I don't know,"I said.

"Are you going to break up with him?"he asked.

"Maybe. Those five years were the happiest moments of my life. I really can't forget how you were always there whenever I needed you. You were even there when I first got my period,"I laughed a little.

"How could I ever forget that classic moment of you screaming like a mad woman,"Eunhyuk shook his head with a smile.

"I was scared of blood! And that was my first encounter with period. I didn't even know that period was red in colour,"I rolled my eyes.

"You didn't know blood was red?"Eunhyuk laughed.

"I didn't know period equals to blood,"I said.

"Seriously, what are we going to do now? Carry on the way we are?"he asked.

"Knowing that we'll fall in love again, its not a good choice to carry on like that,"I said.

"What are you going to do? I'll support you if you go with Sungmin,"he said.

"Lee Eunhyuk, you're such a liar, you know,"I said.

"Aren't you one as well?"he asked.

"But that habit of yours doesn't change. Whenever you lie, you would blink furiously like a mad bee,"I shook my head.

"But even if I don't do that, you'll also know I'm lying,"Eunhyuk said.

"We're like this ball in heaven and God threw it down when our mothers were giving birth, separating us. Do you get what I'm saying?"I asked.

"Yes, I do. And I think I'm the only one who can understand your stupid logics,"he said.

"My beloved understands too. Stop thinking you're so special, will you?"I said.

"I am special!"Eunhyuk said.

"Whatever!"I replied as we got out of the car.

THE NEXT DAY!

My phone rang at 7 in the morning. There's no school so who is calling me so early in the morning. Whoever it is, I'm going to give him/her hell when I answer.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?!"I shouted into the phone.

"Woah! Chill, babe! Its me,"Donghae said.

"WAHT DO YOU WANT?! ITS SO EARLY IN THE MORNING! ARE YOU CRAZY?! DON'T YOU HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO?!"I shouted again.

"Don't shout at me. I was just calling to see if you're free today,"Donghae said.

"WHY?!"I shouted.

"Well, if you didn't realise, today's my best friend's birthday,"Donghae said.

"HUH? TODAY'S NOT MY BIRTHDAY, IDIOT!"I shouted.

"NOT YOURS!"he shouted.

"THEN, WHO? I'M YOUR BEST FRIEND. OH! YOU GOT YOURSELF A NEW BEST FRIEND, RIGHT? HOW DARE YOU, LEE DONGHAE!"I shouted.

"HELLO! SPEAK FOR YOURSELF. FIRST, YOU SAY I'M YOUR BELOVED. THEN, COMES SUNGMIN WHO'S YOUR DARLING. AND THEN, EUNHYUK WHO'S YOUR DEAREST HONEY!"he shouted.

"THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME, LEE DONGHAE. COME ON, SPILL! WHO'S YOUR NEW BEST FRIEND?!"I shouted.

"SOMEONE WHO'S ALWAYS BEEN MY BEST FRIEND SINCE I WAS 5,"he said.

I could see him roll his eyes.

"OOPS! Sorry,"I said.

"DON'T YOU EVER SHOUT AT ME AGAIN IF YOU HAVEN'T GOT YOUR FACTS RIGHT! I'M NOT AS UNFAITHFUL AS YOU, HAEMIN,"he said.

"Donghae, sorry. Don't be sad, alright. I'm so sorry,"I quickly said.

"Okay, you're forgiven,"Donghae said.

"So, you're calling me to tell me its Eunhyuk's birthday today?"I asked.

"Yes so what are you planning to do?"he asked.

"I forgot its his birthday,"I told him.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?!"he asked.

"I am serious. I forgot that today's 4th April,"I said.

"So, hurry! Let's plan!"Donghae said.

"So, its just the three of us?"I asked.

"For memory's sake. Its been such a long time the three of us hung out alone. Sungmin won't mind,"he said.

"I know he won't. He's too nice a guy to care about all this,"I said.

"So, there's nothing to worry about. Let's plan!"Donghae said.

We started planning his birthday party. When we were done, it was already 10am.

"We should hang up now. He's about to wake up,"Donghae said.

"Bye!"I hung up and ran out of my room.

I ran to the bathroom to brush my teeth et cetra and run back downstairs to the dining room.

"Haemin, don't run. What if you fall?"my mum scolded.

"Sorry,"I said as I took a bread.

"Morning!"Eunhyuk greeted as he settled down.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"I shouted.

"Its your birthday today?"my father asked.

"Happy birthday!"my mum quickly followed.

"Thanks!"Eunhyuk said.

"How nice of Haemin to remember your birthday after all those years that you're overseas,"my mum smiled.

HAHAHAHA! I didn't remember. Donghae did.

"Are you free today?"I asked him.

Eunhyuk nodded while he took a bread.

"Good! We're going out!"I smiled.

"We are?"Eunhyuk paused midway of buttering his bread.

"Yes! To celebrate your birthday,"I smiled.

"Oh, right!"he nodded and continued.

"Just the two of you?"my mum asked.

"Nope. Donghae too. Its been a long time since the three of us hang out alone,"I explained.

"How true how true! After all, you're so busy with Sungmin,"my dad smiled.

My dad still prefers Sungmin. I smiled awkwardly at my dad.

"I'll go up and shower. Meet you back here when you're done,"I said and walked back up to my room.

I went to shower and change. I went downstairs to wait for Eunhyuk.

"Let's go,"Eunhyuk said he took his car keys.

"Bye!"I called out to my parents.

They waved and I closed the front door.

"Where are we going?"he asked.

"You'll see,"I smiled.

End of Chapter
DarkAngel