Battle it out!

8th Of May

It was the day! The day of the prestigious National Dance Battle! I'm so excited! Actually, I'm excited over the fact that Donghae's participating and not about Eunhyuk dancing. Yes, the National Dance Battle committee sent him a letter "requesting his presence at the National Dance Battle as he has been recognised by the committee for being a dancer with attitude and not to mention the five consecutive times Mr Lee Eunhyuk has won the Dance Battle".I woke up, showered and went downstairs to eat breakfast.

"Make sure you two come back for dinner, alright? I wanna hear good news,"my father said.

"Get Donghae to come too,"my mother said.

"What about Sungmin? Can he come over?"I asked.

My parents look at each other.

"Yes, he may,"my father replied.

His words were final. I smiled. My phone rang. It was Sungmin.

"Haemin, I can't come to fetch you. I've something on. I'm sorry. I'll meet you at the venue, alright?"he said.

"Its okay. I'll get Donghae to fetch me. See ya!"I hung up the phone.

"Why don't you get Eunhyuk? He's sitting right beside you,"my mother said.

I looked at Eunhyuk. He looked back at me.

"Will you mind driving me there?"I asked.

"Of course not. I'll be going there too,"he replied.

I nodded and finished my breakfast. We stepped out of the house and I hopped into his car. He then drove me to the venue. We reached the venue and we found Donghae at the entrance.

"Hey, gorgeous!"I greeted and hugged him.

"Hey,"Eunhyuk greeted and they hugged.

"I'm so nervous that I couldn't even eat for the past few days,"Donghae kept shaking his head.

I looked at him. He did slim down.

"Don't lie! How can Lee Donghae be nervous about dancing?"Eunhyuk said.

"I've never been really good at dancing cause no one calls me the dance machine so of course I'll be nervous. Unlike you, you look like you're going to the market!"Donghae exclaimed.

"I'm nervous too!"Eunhyuk said.

"Its impossible to tell. I bet you're the winner this year too,"Donghae said.

"Nah. It'll be you. Its been three years since I participated. Did you participate last year?"Eunhyuk asked.

"Twice. The past two years,"Donghae replied.

"Did you win?"Eunhyuk asked.

"Yupp. Both times,"Donghae replied.

"See! You can do it! You're sure to win this year,"Eunhyuk said.

"Not when I'm competing with a five time winner,"Donghae said.

"Sorry, I'm late,"someone said.

We all turned around to find Sungmin.

"Hey,"Sungmin smiled and kissed me on my cheek.

He found my hand easily and the four of us walked into the venue. A guy who is in the committee caught sight of Eunhyuk and Donghae. He walked up to us.

"Are you Mr Lee Eunhyuk and Lee Donghae?"he asked.

"I am,"the both of them answered together.

"Please follow me,"he said.

The Lee best friends followed the guy into the backstage. Sungmin and I went to look for seats. There were altogether 14 dancers due to battle it out on the stage.

"HAEMIN!"someone shouted.

I turned around to find Sunye.

"What are you doing here?"I asked.

"Donghae's fanclub is here to cheer him on as usual,"Sunye winked.

"Oh yeah. I forgot all about the fanclub,"I laughed.

"Sunye, is that Eunhyuk's fanclub?"Sungmin asked.

We all turned to look at the girls who held a big banner with Eunhyuk's picture.

"As usual!"I answered.

We chatted for awhile and Sunye went back to her seat. The MC came on stage and everyone clapped.

"Good Afternoon, ladies and gentlemen! I'm the MC for this year's pretigious National Dance Battle. The judges this year are......"he introduced the judges.

"As usual. The same judges for every year's Dance Battle,"Sungmin commented.

"This year, we have 14 dancers who will be battling it out. We also have one who is two-time winner and also one who had won five times consecutively. This year's Dance Battle will be full of surprises!"the MC said.

"I'm sure it'll be,"I told Sungmin.

"First up, we'll have Park Minki....."the MC gave us a brief introduction of the guy.

I've no interest though. I picked up the programme booklet that I got at the entrance and began reading through. I flipped to Donghae's page and began reading.

Lee Donghae, 21
Seoul University, Business Course

Lee Donghae is the President of the dancing club of his university. He is also an active member of National Dance Association. Lee Donghae has won the National Dance Battle twice in 2006 and 2007. He had also led his team, Fishy to win the B Dance Competition 2008. Lee Donghae is well-known for his breakdancing moves.

I flipped and found Eunhyuk's page.

Lee Eunhyuk, 21
Seoul University, Acting Course

Lee Eunhyuk is a member of the dancing club of his university. He was the President of the dance curriculum back in high school and had led the dance team to win many awards. Lee Eunhyuk had migrated to America in 2004. In America, Lee Eunhyuk continued dancing and even joined the prestigious LA Hip Hop school. He did a part time dancing course and graduated with first class honours. He had also won the National Dance Battle for 5 consecutive years from 1999 to 2004. Lee Eunhyuk is famous for his breakdancing moves and popping moves.

"Look at this. Hae and Eunhyuk are depicted as the the Dance God in this book,"I laughed.

After Sungmin read, he also laughed.

"The book made them look really good. But I didn't know Eunhyuk went to the LA Hip Hop school. Its a really famous dance school,"Sungmin told me.

"For the 13th dancer, we have Lee Donghae. He is a two time winner of the National Dance Battle. Let's give a round of applause to LEE DONGHAE!"the MC announced.

His fanclub stood up and scream madly. Sungmin and I cheered really loudly for Donghae. The curtain opened. The music started playing and Donghae started dancing. He looks relaxed as he dance. Like duh! He's the best dancer I've seen, apart from Eunhyuk, of course. I may hate Eunhyuk but I won't deny that he's the most awesome dancer I've seen. I focused my attention of the stage and Donghae was still moving. Each dancer had to finish a three minute song.

"GO! HAE!!!"I shouted.

As he danced, I could see his eyes scanning the crowd. As the song came to end, he spotted me. He winked at me and I smiled.

"Did you see that?"I laughed.

"Yupp! That guy is really cheeky,"Sungmin laughed.

"Next up, we have the last dancer of the day, Lee Eunhyuk. He is the five consecutive winner of the National Dance Battle that has impressed all the judges again and again. Give it up for LEE EUNHYUK!"the MC announced.

The music started playing and I could fill my heart palpitating. Eunhyuk just had to choose this song. Purple Line by DBSK. My favourite song. As Eunhyuk felt the rhythm, I could see him starting to relax. I know he feels most at home on stage. And then he started. His moves were getting better than I've seen.

"WOAH! Eunhyuk is really good!"Sungmin's eyes grew so huge, I thought it'll drop.

"I know. But how come you didn't say anything when Donghae's dancing?"I asked.

"I don't know. I've seen Donghae battle before. This is the first time I've seen such a good dancer,"Sungmin looked at me innocently.

I nodded and turned my head back to Eunhyuk. He was doing his famous popping moves. He makes dancing look easy, as always. Purple Line ended and he bowed and exited.

"We'll have a break for twenty minutes to let the judges choose the winner!"the MC announced.

Sungmin and I stood up to find Eunhyuk and Donghae. We met them backstage.

"HAE! YOU WERE AWESOME!"I screamed as I hugged him.

"Thanks,"he smiled shyly.

I let go of him and turned to face Eunhyuk.

"You were awesome too. Better than last time,"I said with a smile.

"Thanks,"he smiled back.

"I agree! I've never seen a better dancer than you,"Sungmin nodded his head.

"What did you say?!"Donghae glared at him.

"Don't be angry. I was just...."Sungmin struggled to explain,.

"Just kidding. Eunhyuk's the king when it comes to dancing,"Donghae smiled and then laughed at Sungmin for being so innocent.

We chatted for awhile. A music started playing to signal the end of the break.

"OH MY GOODNESS! THEY ARE GOING TO ANNOUNCE THE WINNER!"Donghae exclaimed.

"Chill! You'll win,"Eunhyuk smiled.

"Don't worry, Hae. You did well,"I smiled.

"We're going off! Bye!"Sungmin waved.

Sungmin and I returned to our seats. The MC invited all the dancers back on stage. I could easily spot Donghae and Eunhyuk. Though I shall admit that I had spotted Eunhyuk first.

"All the dancers were great today! But there's only one winner. Third place will receive a $10 000 cheque and a trophy. Second place will receive a $30 000 cheque and a trophy. The second place winner's name would be placed on the Hall of Fame of the second place winners of the National Dance Battle Organisation. The champion will receive a $50 000 cheque and a trophy The winner's name would also be placed on the Hall of Fame of the National Dance Battle Organisation,"the MC told all of us.

"Donghae just wants the recognition,"Sungmin said.

"I think so too,"I replied.

"What about Eunhyuk?"he asked.

"He doesn't care about the money and the trophy. Its all about the recognition of their dance skills,"I replied.

He nodded his head.

"The third place goes to......."the MC dragged on.

Please don't say Donghae! Please don't say Donghae!

"PARK MINKI!"the MC shouted into the microphone.

The crowd went crazy as the dancer went to get his prize.

"Second place goes to....."the MC dragged on.

Please don't say Donghae! Please don't say Donghae!

"LEE DONGHAE!"the MC shouted again.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I looked at Donghae. Donghae looked quite happy. I think its cause his name would be the first name on the Second Place Winners List on the Hall of Fame. The committee had decided to give credit to second place winners this year.

"THE CHAMPION IS............"the MC shouted.

"Who do you think it'll be?"Sungmin asked while smiling.

"Eunhyuk,"I replied.

"Really? I think so too,"Sungmin said.

"LEE EUNHYUK!"the MC shouted.

Eunhyuk smiled and went to get his prize. Donghae hugged him and the event was over. Sungmin and I went towards them. There were reporters who were taking pictures of Donghae and Eunhyuk. As the Dance Battle committee had said, the third prize winner doesn't get much out of the competition. Only the money and a trophy. This year, the second place winner and the champion gets all the recognition. So, I'm glad that my two friends got the first two place.

"CONGRATS!"I shouted and ran to hug them.

I hugged Donghae first. He kissed me on my cheeks.

"I'm so sorry for doing that. Is it okay with you?"Donghae asked Sungmin who nodded innocently.

I let go of Donghae and turned to Eunhyuk.

"Congrats,"I smiled and hugged him.

He hugged me back and I closed my eyes. The feeling was the same as three years ago. I feel right at home in this hug unlike other hugs where I feel awkward and out of place. I let go of him.

"My mum wants us to have dinner at my house,"I said.

"Okay,"Sungmin and Donghae replied.

End of Chapter
DarkAngel