The Question

8th Of May

Class have finally ended and I went to the dance studio without eating. After all, the guys out there couldn't get in. I laid down on the floor and tried to get some sleep. The whole day was so hectic and chaotic. I didn't even get to eat lunch. Not with those herd of guys outside. The door opened and Sungmin appeared.

"Not eating lunch?"he asked as he settled down.

"All your fault!"I said.

"Why is it my fault when you're not eating lunch?"he asked.

"Cause of those guys outside, I can't have peace and quiet. How am I supposed to eat lunch with them following me on the way here?"I asked while I glared at him.

I was really fuming with anger. The door opened again and Donghae came.

"Here,"he handed me a lunchbox.

"Thanks, you're the best!"I exlcaimed.

I started eating lunch while the two of them went to change. After that, we practiced dance and we settled down for a chat.

"How many letters did you receive this morning?"Donghae asked me.

"Over 20, I guess,"I said, dreading the moment that I'll have to go through those mushy mails.

"You broke your own record again!"Donghae said while smiling.

I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, by the way, the guys in my class wants me to pass this you,"Donghae said as he handed me a stack of letters and lots and lots of chocolates.

"Thanks,"I said while I took it from him.

"I didn't know you were so popular in school,"Sungmin said.

"I thought you would have known after setting up that crazy fanclub,"I said with a tone full of anger.

I was still angry at him for setting that stupid fanclub. After witnessing Donghae, Sungmin and Heechul's fanclub, I'll never have any peace and quiet.

"Sorry, I didn't know you'll be so upset,"Sungmin said as he looked down.

It seems impossible to get angry with him for one full day, eh? He's just so cute that I really can't stay angry anymore.

"Okay okay, I forgive you. Stop making that face,"I said as I kept all my goodies.

"Haemin, I gotta go. Sungmin, can you drive her home? I'm so sorry,"Donghae said as he stood up.

"Sure!"Sungmin nodded.

"Bye,"I smiled at him.

Donghae smiled and mouthed something that I didn't understand. After he left, I received a text message from him.

[Its V-Day after all! Just creating an opportunity for him to pop the question:) -Donghae]

OH MY GOD! Donghae's suddenly become this insane matchmaker for Sungmin and I. I shook my head.

"Wanna go?"Sungmin asked me.

"Okay,"I nodded and stood up.

I grabbed my bag and the two of us left. By the time we left, it was already ten at night. So there was no more mad people outside our studio. I hopped into his car and he drove us home.

"Did you give your crush anything today?"he asked me.

"My crush? Since when did I have a crush?"I asked while laughing.

"Someone in the fanclub said that you told him that you like him,"Sungmin said.

"Thats impossible!"I brushed it off.

He nodded and kept quiet.

"So, how many girls confessed to you today?"I asked him.

"The whole fanclub,"he answered.

"Isn't that like hundred over girls?!"I asked with wide eyes.

"Think so,"he smiled.

"Thats amazing! I didn't receive that much confessions this year,"I smiled back.

"You will receive one more very soon,"he smiled and turned back to the front.

"What do you mean by one more?"I asked while turning around to search for any mad people on the loose.

Sungmin suddenly stopped the car and I realised I was home!

"Thanks! Bye!"I smiled and turned to open the door.

But he grabbed my hand and I turned to face him.

"Haemin, I want to tell you something,"Sungmin said as he looked at me straight in the eye.

"What?"I asked.

"Do you know that I like you?"Sungmin asked.

I nodded.

"But do you know that I liked you since our first year in university?"Sungmin asked.

I shook my head. That was quite long, ain't it?

"And do you know why I like you?"Sungmin asked.

I shook my head. What is he doing??

"I like you cause you're really sweet and true to yourself. You're not fake like those girls in class. Thats why I like you,"Sungmin smiled.

"Okayyyyy,"I answered with a puzzled look on my face.

Why is he telling me all these??

"I like you Haemin. I hope you'll give me a chance. I know you're still in love with your ex but I hope you'll give me a chance,"he said as he looked at the bracelet he gave me.

He can't be popping the question, right????!

"Haemin, will you be my girlfriend?"he asked while looking straight into my eyes again.

His gaze was really intense, I must say. My whole heart started palpitating like a mad cow.

"Erm,"I started but didn't know what to say.

"I don't expect an answer now. Take your time,"Sungmin smiled.

"Oh, alright, bye then,"I waved goodbye with a fake smile.

I quickly got off the car and turned to wave goodbye before walking really quickly back to my house. I sat in my 'room'. WHAT WAS THAT??!! OH MY GOD! What am I going to do now? I know I want to start afresh but this is really difficult. I can't just start afresh like that. Besides, I might hurt that poor guy's feeling. After all, I'm still unsure whether I like him. OH MY GOD! THIS IS KILLING ME! What do I do now?? He expects an answer, thats for sure. But he said I could take my time, right? But that day when he'll lose his patience and ask me again. OH MY GOD!! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO? I should talk to somebody. WHO? Sunye? Nah! She's one of the fanclub members. She'll surely ask me to say yes. Sohee? Nah! Shall not disturb her candlelight dinner with Kibum. Ryeowook? Nah! He's busy watching HighKick tonight. WHO WHO WHO???!! OH RIGHT! I should've have known who to call from the start. The number was on speed dial on my phone.

"Hello?"he answered.

"Donghae, I need your help,"I said straight away.

"What?"he asked.

"Well,"I dragged on.

I seriously don't know how to phrase this.

"Sungmin asked the question, right?"Donghae asked.

"Uh huh,"I answered.

"And you're unsure what to answer cause you don't know whether you like him or Eunhyuk,"Donghae concluded.

"Yupp,"I answered.

"Well, just give it a shot. No harm trying, right? After all, I did say you should tell him that you might hurt his feelings and that you two are just trying,"Donghae said.

"Its easy to say it here but I can't just say that in front of him,"I exclaimed.

"Why not?"Donghae asked.

"I don't know. When it comes to this topic, I just freak out in front of him,"I told him.

"You like him, Haemin. You're nervous when it comes to relationships in front of him. Thats a sure sign that you like him,"Donghae said.

"What makes you say that? I'm nervous about things too!"I retorted.

"Not when you're talking. You're really confident and at ease when you talk to people,"Donghae said.

"But being nervous doesn't mean I like him,"I continued to argue.

"I've seen the same thing happen to you when Eunhyuk asked you the exact same question eight years ago,"Donghae said simply.

I kept quiet. Come to think of it. It was quite true. I did freak out when he asked. And I knew right then that I liked him.

"But what about Eunhyuk? I can't just leave him and be with Sungmin,"I protested.

"Will you stop thinking about him? Remember what he did to you? This is really unfair for you, you know,"Donghae said firmly.

I kept queit again. Donghae was always spot on about this kind of things.

"So?"he prompted.

"I'll try,"I concluded.

"Good, but don't force yourself. If you really can't stay in the relationship, just say so. Sungmin won't blame you. He's really nice guy,"Donghae said.

"Okay,"I answered simply.

"Dance competition is just five days away. Practice hard! Bye!"Donghae called out.

"Bye!"I hung up.

I sighed and looked through my contacts for Sungmin's number.

"Hello?"I could recognise his sweet voice immediately.

"Hey,"I answered.

"Speaking the truth, I was quite happy to see your number pop up but a little nervous as well,"he said, implying about my decision.

"Sungmin, I need to tell you something,"I started my little speech.

"Yeah?"he prompted.

"I'm not sure whether I like you. But I hope we can try it out. But you shouldn't put too much hope that I'll stay though. Cause you know,"I dragged on.

"I understand, really. Thanks for giving me this chance,"I could see him smiling.

"No problem, I hope things work out for us,"I smiled.

"Hope so too,"he replied.

"Well, I gotta go. See you on Friday,"I called out.

"See you,"he repeated.

That was it. I sighed. I should really stop thinking about Eunhyuk. He's somewhere in this world and he might have forgotten all about it. He probably doesn't even care whether I'm attached or not. He might even stop talking to me if I told him what happened on 8th of May. He's an idiot. An idiot that I love for 16 years. But I'm not so sure whether I still love him. After all, I just said yes to Sungmin. This is really fustrating, isn't it?

End of Chapter

DarkAngel