The Next Day

8th Of May

I opened my eyes the next morning. My head hurts like hell. Its 9am as I can see after straining my eyes at the clock. This is torturous. I'm having a really bad hangover. I sat up and I realised I'm sleeping on the couch for Donghae's living room. OUCH! I really want to sleep. My whole body aches. I tried to stand up but it takes tremendous effort to get up and walk to the kitchen. I walked in to get to the bathroom and found Sungmin cooking breakfast. I stared at him he's a monster. Is he human? Cooking breakfast when he drank lots of alcohol the night before.

"Why are you staring at me for?"he looked up from his cooking.

"Don't you have a hangover?"I asked as I stumbled into the toilet.

I fell and Sungmin rushed to help me up. He sat me down on the toilet bowl and help me put toothpaste on my toothbrush. Yes, I've a toothbrush in Donghae's house. I'm a regular guest here.

"Did you brush your teeth?"I asked him, knowing he doesn't have a toothbrush here.

"I went to buy it from 7-11 this morning,"Sungmin said as he passed me my toothbrush.

"WHAT?! Are you nuts? I can't even walk properly and you woke up so early, went out to buy a toothbrush and cook breakfast?"I frowned.

My headache is really getting to me.

"You should drink more water last night. Your hangover would've been better than it is now,"Sungmin advised before walking out to tend to his bacon.

"Where did you get the bacon from?"I asked.

"I went out to shop for breakfast,"Sungmin said.

He really is nuts.

"Morning,"someone muttered.

Donghae. After I was done brushing my teeth, I walked slowly to the dining room and sat down. Donghae then went into the bathroom to brush his teeth. He's having a hangover worse than mine. Sungmin placed a plate in front of me. He had cooked scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, baked beans and garlic bread.

"So much food? I can't finish it,"I mumbled as I held onto my poor head.

"Drink some soup then,"Sungmin said as he placed a bowl of mushroom soup in front of me.

"I really can't. I feel like dying,"I croaked.

"Drink some water first,"Sungmin said as he passed me a glass of water.

I drank it and stumbled back to the couch to get somemore sleep. I woke up and it was twelve noon. My hangover is better but my headache's still there. I walked to the kitchen again and found Sungmin cooking lunch.

"Don't you ever stop cooking?"I asked while I went to brush my teeth again.

"Feeling better? I'm reheating breakfast. Don't waste food,"he said as he placed the same plate on the table.

"Feeling much better. Thanks. Where's Donghae?"I asked him.

"Sleeping again,"Sungmin answered while he placed the mushroom soup in front of me.

"Oh,"I answered simply as I drank some soup.

"You want some rice with it? Its noon. You need to fill yourself up so you can last till dinner,"Sungmin said as he sat down with a plate of the same thing.

"No need. I just woke up,"I answered as I started eating.

He nodded and ate his food. BANG! Sungmin and I looked at each other and ran towards Donghae's bedroom. He opened the door and we rushed in. Donghae lay flat on the floor.

"HAE! Are you okay?"I asked.

"Erm............."he answered.

"He's got a really bad hangover,"Sungmin said he lifted Donghae.

He put him back in bed and covered Donghae with his blanket.

"Could you get me a water for him? Oh and some painkillers?"he asked.

I nodded and went out to get it. I returned with water and painkillers and passed it to Sungmin who skillfully helped Donghae with the medicine.

"He needs to sleep more. The hangover will lessen when you sleep more,"he answered as he switched off the lights.

We went back to the dining room to eat our food.

"Thanks for being so nice to the two of us,"I smiled at him.

"No problem,"he answered.

"You going out later?"I asked.

"Nope, not with Donghae in this state,"Sungmin answered.

After we finished breakfast, Sungmin offered to wash our plates so that I could shower.

"Do you have any clothes here?"Sungmin asked.

I nodded and went to the guest room to get my clothes. I went to shower and when I came out, Sungmin was watching tv. I sat down beside him and watched the show with him.

"Have you watch this before?"he asked.

"No, I don't really watch tv,"I answered.

He nodded and we were back to our silent stage. I concentrated on watching tv and then I felt it. His hand was getting closer to mine. I rolled my eyes to the side to see whether it was really his hand. Yes, it is. And my heart is palpitating like mad! I gulped and tried to focus. But it was really difficult, knowing his hand is now only a mere inch away. Then, his hand covered mine. The feeling was so warm then the heat went automatically to my heart. Then, he held my hand. I smiled to myself and continued watching tv.

"Are you free tonight?"he asked.

I nodded.

"Let's go out for dinner,"Sungmin suggested.

"Okay, as long as its not Beach House,"I answered.

"You don't like it?"he turned to face me.

"Not really. It brings back memories. Let's go somewhere else,"I smiled as I turn to face him.

"Sure,"he smiled.

"Where do you want to go?"I asked.

"Up to you,"he smiled.

"You choose. I'm okay with anything,"I answered.

"Hmm, The Villa?"he asked.

THE VILLA? IS HE NUTS?! THAT PLACE IS SUPER DUPER EXPENSIVE FOR STUDENTS LIKE US!

"Thats really expensive,"I dragged on.

Even though my family may be well to do, I'm not gonna spend money like that. My father works really hard.

"Its just this once. After all, this is our first date. I want to have a really good memory of it,"he smiled as he my hand with his.

I smiled. He then reached out and pulled me towards him and I placed my head on his shoulder. We then turned back to watch tv in this position.

"Looks like you two are getting really cosy with each other,huh?"someone spoke.

Sungmin and I turned and saw Donghae and we quicky went back to our original position.

"There's no need to be shy with me, you know,"Donghae smiled as he sat down on the couch.

Sungmin and I smiled back awkwardly and continued to watch tv.

“Will you two go out?”Donghae asked, annoyed.

The two of us looked at him with our eyebrows raised.

“Go out and date or whatever. A couple shouldn’t stay and take care of a drunken man. Go! Go! Go!”Donghae kept waving his hand.
Sungmin shrugged and stood up. He turned back to pull me up. He went to get his bag while I stayed back to talk to Donghae.

“Hae, are you okay?”I asked him.

“Yupp. Never been better,”he smiled at me.

“You’re nuts. Why are you so eager in seeing the two of us together, may I ask?”I asked.

“Min, I’ve been telling you this for years! Eunhyuk might not be back besides we can all see that you like Sungmin,”Donghae explained.

“WE?”I asked.

“We as in Sunye, Kibum, Ryeowook and myself,”he replied.

“Sunye? You’ve been talking to her?”I asked.

He doesn’t even know her!

“Yeah, well,”he dragged on and I caught the hint.

“YOU LIKE HER!”I exclaimed.

“Like who?”Sungmin asked as he walked out of the room.

“Sun…”Donghae covered my mouth.

“Nothing!”Donghae answered and glared at me.

“Oh,”Sungmin nodded innocently, not knowing whats going on.

“I’ll go pack my stuff and we can go,”I called out to Sungmin as I went to pack my bag.

After packing, I went to put on my shoes.

“Bye, Hae! LOVE YOU!”I winked.

Donghae glared at me and waved goodbye.

Once Sungmin and I are outside, I typed a text message to him.

[Hae! Bet you’re going on a date with Sunye soon, right? Otherwise, you wouldn’t chase us out. *WINKS* -Min]

Sungmin was still tying his shoelace and I waited for him. Then, all of a sudden, Donghae shouted from inside.

“SHUT UP, KIM HAEMIN!”

“DON’T DENY IT, LEE DONGHAE!”I shouted back.

“GO AWAY!”he shouted back.

“I’LL CALL YOU TONIGHT TO ASK ABOUT IT,”I shouted.

“OKAY!”he shouted back.

He has finally admitted that he’s going on a date with Sunye. That fool! HAHAHA! Sungmin and I then went into the elevator and we walked home since Sungmin’s car is at home. As we walked, Sungmin held my hand again. I turned to smile at him. He smiled back and we continued walking.

“What do you do in your free time?”I asked.

“Dance? Cook? Practice martial arts?”he answered.

“You know martial arts? That’s so cool!”I exclaimed.

“Nothing special,”he smiled.

“Show it to me next time,”I smiled.

“No problem! So, what do YOU do in your free time?”he asked.

“Listen to music,”I answered.

“Who’s songs?”he asked.

“Dong Bang Shin Ki,”I smiled.

“Who do you like inside?”he asked.

“JAEJOONG!”I practically shouted out the name.

“Looks like you have a huge crush on this Jaejoong person,”he raised his eyebrow.

“He’s really hot!”I answered.

He nodded. And we continued walking. 

End of Chapter
DarkAngel