Wedding

8th Of May

It was a Saturday. Days had passed since Sungmin's birthday. I'm lying on my bed. Waiting for lunch. Eunhyuk didn't go out today. I know for a fact cause my mum has been fussing over him. He really doesn't like it. Poor him.

"Haemin, lunch!"my father called out.

I went out of my room and turned to my left just in time to catch Eunhyuk come out of his room. I nodded to acknowledge his presence and he nodded his head. We walked down the stairs together and we sat down at the dining table.

"Haemin, there's a wedding going on tonight. Make sure you bring along a guy,"my father said.

Its a tradition for my family members who are not married and of legal age, 18, to bring along a partner to a wedding. I nodded my head and continued eating. Eunhyuk finished eating and he went back to his room. By the time I was done, Eunhyuk had announced to everyone in my family that he's going out. And he was gone. I went up to my room and called Sungmin.

"Hello?"Sungmin answered.

"Hey! Are you free tonight?"I asked.

"Why?"he asked.

"I've a wedding to attend and I wanna bring you along,"I began explaining the tradition.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I really can't make it. I promised Donghae I'll watch this movie with him,"he said.

"Its okay. I'll get Kibum,"I said.

"Really sorry,"he apologised.

"No problem!"I smiled.

I began dialing Kibum's number since my best friend's out of the question.

"Hello?"a girl answered.

"Sohee?"I asked.

"Yeah! Haemin?"she asked.

"Yupp! Is Kibum there?"I asked her.

"Hold on. KIM KIBUM!"she shouted.

"Hello?"Kibum answered.

"Hey. Are you free tonight?"I asked.

"Nope. I'm going out with Sohee. Why?"he asked.

I told him about the wedding and left the tradition out since he knows about it.

"Sorry,"Kibum apologised.

"Its okay. I'll ask Ryeowook,"I said.

I hung up and called dialed Ryeowook's number by heart.

"Hello?"he answered.

"Ryeowook! Are you free tonight?"I asked.

"Nope. My parents and I are invited to some wedding,"Ryeowook said.

"WEDDING?!"I exclaimed.

"Uh huh! Whats wrong with that?"he asked.

"I've a wedding tonight too!"I said.

"Who's getting married?"he asked.

"My aunt who's 30 plus,"I answered.

"My uncle's getting married! They can't be getting married to each other, right?"he asked.

"I don't know. What's your uncle's surname?"I asked.

"Kim! Duh!"he replied.

"Oh, right!"I said.

There was silence and then BAM!

"OH MY GOD!"we exclaimed together.

"Don't tell me we're going to be cousins in law!"he shouted.

"I'm not sure! Is the wedding invitation with you?"I asked.

"Yupp! Is your aunt's name Kim Youngmin?"he asked.

"OH MY GOD! We're going to be related through marriage!"I shouted.

"This is creeping me out,"Ryeowook said.

"I guess I've to ask somebody to go with me then,"I said.

"Yupp! Sorry! See you tonight!"he said.

"Bye,"I hung up.

Ryeowook and me?! Related by marriage?! This is really freaky!!! Who else am I going to call? Sunye? And then pretend I'm crooked? NAH! There's only ONE option left. I picked up my phone again and dialed the number that I've never called before.

"Hello?"his familiar voice drifted into my ear.

"Eunhyuk, its me,"I said.

"Min? What's up?"he asked.

"Are you free tonight? There's a wedding, as you know,"I said.

"Aren't you going with Sungmin?"he asked.

"He promised my beloved that he'll watch a movie with him,"I said.

"Your beloved?"he asked.

"Lee Donghae,"I said.

"Oh, right! Kibum?"he asked.

"He's going out with Sohee,"I said.

"Ryeowook?"he asked.

"Apparently, he's going to be at the wedding tonight. And from tomorrow onwards, we'll be cousins in law,"I said.

"WOAH! What a coincidence,"he said.

"So, do you want to go with me?"I asked.

"Sure,"he said.

"Thanks! Be back by 5!"I said and then hung up.

Then, I realised what was going to happen! All my relatives would think that we were together for 8 years!! I didn't tell them that I "broke up" with him. Forget it! It was five o'clock and I went to shower. Eunhyuk came back on time. I dressed in a simply black dress and did my hair and make-up. I wore my shoes and went downstairs. As I reached the living room, Eunhyuk was already done. OH MY GOD! He looks really hot! He's wearing a suit. His hair styled to perfection. He heard my heels and he looked up. Our eyes locked and we stared at each other.

"Haemin! Don't block the way! We're late!"my mother said as she pushed me away.

"Careful! There's no need to push our daughter, dear!"my father said as he caught hold of me.

"May I?"Eunhyuk asked.

My father and I looked up to find Eunhyuk at the bottom of the stairs with his hand stretched out.

"Since he's the guy accompanying you tonight,"my father said as he placed my hand on top of Eunhyuk's.

Eunhyuk held onto my hand as I climbed down the stairs. We then hopped into the car. My father drove off to the wedding venue. We reached in a matter of ten minutes and we got down. All of a sudden, this mad grandaunt of mine appeared and grabbed hold of me.

"Oh my! Is this Haemin? She's grown so tall and pretty! How old is she now?"she asked my mum.

"20 going on 21,"my mum smiled.

"Oh! She looks so pretty! And oh my! Is this Eunhyuk?"my grandaunt asked my parents.

Both of them nodded.

"You're so good-looking now! Its been four years since I saw you. You two have been together for so long!"my grandaunt gushed.

I looked at Eunhyuk and I could his cheeks turning red.

"Erm, actually,"my mother struggled to explain.

But its really difficult to explain. My grandaunt led us all into the ballroom where we signed our name on the guestbook. We sat down at table 5 and we drank wine.

"Haemin!"someone called out.

I turned to find adorable Ryeowook.

"Hey! Mum, dad, this is Ryeowook,"I introduced.

"Hi, Aunty! Hi, Uncle! Remember me?"Ryeowook smiled.

"Isn't he the guy at your birthday party last year? Hello!"my dad greeted.

"Thanks for fetching Haemin to school everyday for us,"my mum smiled.

"No problem!"Ryeowook smiled.

"Why are you here?"my dad asked.

"Oh, my uncle's getting married,"he explained.

"Oh! That means we'll be related from today onwards!"my mum gushed.

Ryeowook nodded shyly.

"Thats wonderful!"my mum said.

"Ryeowook!"Ryeowook's mother motioned for him to go back.

"I better be going! Nice seeing you here,"he said before walking off.

"Such a good manners,"my mum commented.

"Oh my! Is this Haemin?"

I looked up to find my many many relatives.

"Yes!"my mother proudly said.

"This must be Eunhyuk, then. So handsome after all these years. They're so loving, huh? Together for so long,"one of them said.

"8 years, right?"the other one said.

This continued for very long and the wedding started.

"Sorry,"I whispered to Eunhyuk.

He just shook his head and smiled. The wedding went on with food being presented to us. I kept drinking the wine that I was given.

"You wanna get out of here? Its suffocating,"Eunhyuk said.

I nodded and we walked out of the ballroom together. We walked and sat at the hotel's swimming pool.

"Its so relaxing here,"Eunhyuk said.

"Yupp!"I nodded.

We kept quiet. We just stared at the swimming pool.

"You know,"we said together.

"You first,"I said.

"Okay. You know, I felt really bad for not writing you a letter in America. I've been busy settling in and moving things. By the time I was done, it was already two weeks since I moved there. I'm so sorry,"Eunhyuk said as he looked at me straight in the eye.

"Is your house there as big as the one here?"I asked.

"Nope. Its smaller but still huge,"he replied.

I nodded.

"What is it you wanted to say?"he asked.

"You should take off the necklace,"I said softly.

"HyukMin?"he asked and I nodded.

"I don't want to. Doesn't mean that if you take it off, I must follow suit, Min,"he said.

"Sorry,"I said as I reached out to pass him something.

He looked at me and then at my hand. He lifted his palm and I placed the necklace on his hand.

"What is this?"he asked.

"Its the other half of HyukMin. This is Hyuk part,"I said.

"Haemin, keep it. Even if its over between us, just keep it,"Eunhyuk grabbed my hand and passed it back to me.

I began crying. I was always such a crybaby. Eunhyuk too. His sadness would be triggered by me crying and he would also cry. Then, he sniffed and he started crying. I laughed while crying.

"After three years and we're still the same, huh?"I smiled.

"We've been together for so long. Five year, Min. We can't just let go,"Eunhyuk smiled while his tears continued flowing.

"I know. Somewhere in my heart, there's still you, I have to admit. But I want to forget you cause I've Sungmin now. Its really difficult,"I looked down at the Hyuk necklace.

"Can you do me a favour?"he asked.

I looked at him.

"Wear the Hyuk necklace, please,"he looked at my eyes.

His pretty eyes were filled with so much love that its overflowing. I really couldn't reject this simply favour. I nodded and tried to put it on by myself.

"Let me,"he said and he came closer.

At that moment, I had a close-up view of the Min necklace. The part of our HyukMin necklace that I've never seen for three years. I reached out to touch it. Eunhyuk then looked down at me as I the ring on the necklace. He sat down in front of me as I continued to touch the ring.

"Saranghae,"he said and he leaned in to kiss my cheek.

His tears dropped and stained the place where his kiss had been.

End of Chapter
DarkAngel