Eunhyuk

8th Of May

I can't believe it. It really is him. He changed alot. He's definitely taller and he dyed his hair brown. His sense of style changed. But when I look at him, all I could think of is 8th May. I gripped Sungmin's hand tighter.

"What's the matter?"Sungmin asked as he looked down at me from his height.

"You see that guy there?"I asked.

Sungmin looked in front.

"Uh huh,"he replied.

"Thats my ex,"I told him.

"What! He's back?"Sungmin said softly as we were nearing my house.

"Apparently, since he's standing in front of us. Let me do all the talking later on, alright?"I said.

He nodded and we walked towards Eunhyuk with our hands held really tight. Eunhyuk sensed us and he turned around. His eyes widened when he saw me but it went back to its original shape when he saw Sungmin holding onto my hand. From the 16 years that I've known him, this shows that he's surprised to see me and he's upset about the holding hand thing.

"Hey,"he said.

His voice hadn't change.

"Hi,"I replied.

We kept quiet. I shall take the initiative to talk then.

"Let me introduce. Sungmin, this is my friend, Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk, this is Sungmin. My boyfriend,"I said.

Eunhyuk looked at Sungmin, surveyed him up and down and held out his hand.

"Nice to meet you,"he said.

His voice is really cold.

"Hi, nice to meet you too,"Sungmin smiled and he shook hands with Eunhyuk.

Eunhyuk then kept quiet but he kept staring into my eyes.

"It's late. I better get going. Bye,"Sungmin smiled and leaned down to kiss me on my forehead.

He waved goodbye and walked off. He had left me alone with Eunhyuk. How great! I was still looking at Sungmin, refusing to turn around to look at Eunhyuk. What is he doing here?!

"Haemin, I'll be here for a year for my last year in a university,"he told me.

Like I care! Can't he go back to his hotel or something? Its really awkward here if he didn't realise!

"I'm staying over at your house, by the way,"he replied.

I turned around. This idiot could actually still read my mind after three years of separation. THIS IS A MIRACLE!

"I missed you, Min,"he said and he looked at me.

I rolled my eyes and walked off. I've a boyfriend now. Will you leave me alone?!

"I didn't expect you to move on, Min,"he grabbed my wrist and said.

I turned around and glared at him. WHATS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN, HUH? HE CAN'T EXPECT ME TO WAIT AROUND LIKE A FOOL, NOW KNOWING WHETHER HE'LL BE BACK OR NOT!

"I told you I'll be back. I don't know when I'll be back here myself,"he answered.

OH MY GOD! HE REALLY COULD READ MY MIND. Does he know I think he's a jerk for putting me through 8th May?

"I know you hate me, Min. Since you've not been answering me or talking to me for past few minutes,"he said.

"I do hate you,"I answered.

GOD! I didn't know I'll have the courage of telling him that. But as I started focus on glaring at him again, I realised his features changed quite alot for the past three years. He grew hotter thats for sure. His sharp features were outlined by the street lamp. I feel myself falling in love with him again. I shook my head. AM I NUTS?!

"Oh, you two have finally met!"someone spoke from behind me.

I turned around and found my mother.

"Why don't you two come in and have a nice chat? Its cold out here at night,"my mother smiled at us.

"There's nothing to chat about between us,"I told my mother and walked off.

"Stop right there, Kim Haemin. Whatever happened, you should put the past behind you. Eunhyuk is finally back. You two should start catching up with each other,"my mother said firmly.

"There's nothing to catch up on with a jerk like him,"I said sternly.

"KIM HAEMIN!"my mother shouted.

"Its okay, aunty. I understand that she's upset. After all, I didn't exactly tell her I was migrating,"Eunhyuk said softly.

"Oh, Eunhyuk, you're really understanding. She is so lucky to have a boyfriend like you,"my mother said with her sickening voice.

"I'm not her boyfriend now,"Eunhyuk replied.

I could see him smiling his fake smile.

"Oh, don't worry. That Sungmin and her are just trying out. They'll break up sooner or later. Haemin really loves you,"my mother reassured him.

"I don't,"I said.

"Keep quiet! Oh, by the way, you're going back to sleep in your own bedroom since Eunhyuk will be staying here. I've moved all your things back,"my mother said.

I turned around and looked wide-eyed at her. WHAT!!! SHE EXPECTS ME TO GO BACK TO MY OWN BEDROOM. THOSE UGLY MEMORIES ARE KEPT INSIDE. DOESN'T SHE KNOW THAT?! I rolled my eyes and went back inside the house. As I took off my shoes, my father saw me.

"Oh, you're back. Have you met Eunhyuk?"he smiled.

"Yes yes yes! Whats with the whole world wanting me to go back to him? Can't you all see he's a jerk?!"I shouted and went back to my real bedroom and slammed the door.

Once I was inside, I realised that walking in here was a big mistake. Everywhere that I turn, I see a picture of Eunhyuk and me. I walked slowly to my study table. There was a picture of Eunhyuk and I when we were 5. On closer inspection, I realised Donghae was in the background, doing something, I don't know what. I moved on to the next picture. Eunhyuk and I when we were in kindergarten. Eunhyuk and I on our 7th birthday party. Pictures that showed how we grew up from being immature 5 year olds to the 13 year olds we were when we started dating.

The sadness in my heart spread when I saw the picture that marked the start of our relationship. A picture of Eunhyuk and I sitting in a ferris wheel and smiling sweetly at the camera. Another picture of the two of us at the beach. The next one with his arms around my shoulder. The next picture was of Eunhyuk and I wearing our HyukMin necklace. It was a necklace with a ring hung round our neck. His ring has Haemin engraved on it while mine has Hyukjae, his birth name. The HyukMin necklace was a symbol of our love for each other. And we've been wearing it for as long as possible. But I took mine out when I started dating Sungmin. I tried to recall whether he was wearing the Min part of our necklace just now. To my horror, I discovered that yes, he was wearing our necklace.

The next picture that I saw was one that we did a big heart shape together with our arms. And the other one was a picture that I treasured dearly. A picture of Eunhyuk's lips on mine. I sighed. Memories of the two of us being together were all in this room. Everywhere I turn, I can see pictures of when we were together or presents that he gave. That was why I moved out of my own bedroom in the first place.

I'm tired. I shall go and sleep. I went to my closet and grabbed my pyjamas. I walked out to the bathroom and as I walked by the staircase, I heard my parents talking. I kept hearing my name so I decided to eavesdrop.

"What do you mean break them up?"my father said.

"Eunhyuk is back. Haemin should go back to him. Help me think of a way to get the two of them back together,"my mother said.

"There's no way I'm breaking Sungmin and Haemin up. The two of them are just starting to get serious. Besides, this is Haemin's life. We should respect her decision,"my father replied.

"I bet the two of them will end up breaking up by the end of next month. Eunhyuk is so much better for our Haemin,"my mother said.

"Sungmin isn't bad either. I heard he's a nice guy,"my father replied.

"Eunhyuk is better,"my mother said firmly.

"Sungmin is the best for her,"my father argued.

"Eunhyuk,"my mother retorted.

"Sungmin,"my father argued.

They went on with their Eunhyuk/Sungmin argument and I went to shower. After I was done, the two of them were still at it. I sighed and lifted up my head to go back to my bedroom. That was when I spotted Eunhyuk. I ignored him but he pulled me back.

"Will you forgive me? I'm sorry for not telling you face-to-face. I was afraid you'll be upset,"Eunhyuk said as he looked straight into my eyes.

God! Those eyes are as intense as I remembered. My heart melted. OH MY GOD! WHAT AM I DOING?! 8th May! 8th May! I MUST REMEMBER 8TH MAY!

"So, you think writing a letter is not going to make me upset, is it?"I argued, glaring at him.

"Its not that. I just don't know how to tell you,"Eunhyuk replied.

"Well, save it! Its over between us,"I said.

"Haemin, can we put this behind us, please? I really missed you,"Eunhyuk said softly.

"If you really want to know, I'm not angry with you for not telling me you were going to migrate,"I told him.

"Then, why are you angry with me?"Eunhyuk asked.

"You never want to know, Eunhyukkie,"I replied and walked back to my bedroom.

When I'm finally lying on my bed and recalling the events that happened today, I realised I just called Eunhyuk by his nickname. The very nickname that I call him when we were together.

End of Chapter
DarkAngel