The Truth Behind 8th of May

8th Of May

I walked straight into the guest room that happens to be his bedroom. He seems happy that I'm willing to listen to him talk. I went into the room and I pulled out a chair to sit.

"What do you want?"I asked coldly.

"I'm sorry for what happened,"Eunhyuk said.

"Its not your fault anyway,"I replied while I looked at my nails.

Eunhyuk walked towards me and held my hand. I looked up at him.

"I really miss you,"he said softly.

"Eunhyukkie,"I walked away to sit on his bed.

Then, I realised I had accidentally blurted his nickname for the second time already.

"I'm sorry for all that happened. But you still love me, don't you?"Eunhyuk asked as he came and sat beside me.

"Please,"I really don't want to talk about all this.

"I love you,"he reached out and pulled me towards him.

He wiped away my tears. I didn't even realise I've been crying.

"Will you forgive me? I'm sorry for what happened,"he said.

I broke away from him and glared at him.

"YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!"I shouted with exasperation.

"Then, tell me. I'll do anything to make you feel happy and love me like you used to,"Eunhyuk said, tears already filling him up his pretty eyes.

"There's no use telling you. Cause its all over,"I said firmly and looked away.

"Haemin, don't be like that. I beg you,"he had started crying.

"You wouldn't want to know,"I replied.

"I want to know, Haemin,"he said.

"Even if you do, you wouldn't be able to do anything,"I said.

"I can. I know I can,"he said.

I turned to look at him. His face was all stained with tears.

"Are you sure you want to know?"I asked firmly while I continued crying.

He nodded.

"You want to know?"I asked again to make sure.

He nodded.

"I'll tell you. On the day you left, I found out I was pregnant,"I said and then turned away.

"What?"Eunhyuk said.

"I was pregnant, you idiot!"I turned back and shouted at him.

Tears formed and it quickly flowed down like a river. He hugged me and I continued crying.

"How did it happen? We only did it once,"Eunhyuk said softly.

"It was enough to make me pregnant, idiot,"I replied as I continued crying.

"I'm sorry for leaving you all alone in that state, Minnie. I really do,"he hugged me harder.

"Idiot!"I shouted as I broke away.

"You can call me whatever you like as long as you're together with me again,"Eunhyuk said softly.

Why must he be so nice? What am I going to do now? I can feel myself loving him. What about Sungmin? This is killing me!!!

"What happened after that?"Eunhyuk asked.

"After what?"I asked while I looked at him.

"After you found out about the baby,"he said.

I looked away and recalled 8th of May.

I was 18. I woke up fairly early and felt sick to the stomach. I stumbled to the toilet down the hall. I vomitted. Being an innocent teenager, I started wondering whether it was something I ate. I went to shower and realised that my period haven't come. By this time, it should have come. Then, fear set in. I can't be pregnant can I? I stopped showering and went back to my room to think it through. On 4th April, it was Eunhyuk's birthday. We celebrated with alcohol and we got drunk. And one thing that led to the other. Things didn't change between Eunhyuk and I. We were still as loving as before. I quickly changed and went out. My heart was racing. I walked into the supermarket and took a basket. I searched high and low for the pregnancy test kit. I finally found it and dumped a lot inside the basket. I went to pay up. As the cashier rang the items up, she kept looking at me like I'm a weirdo. Altogether, I had bought 37 boxes by accident. I quickly paid up and grabbed the plastic bag. I went to the toilet nearby and checked with all 37 kit. All came back positive. I remembered myself feeling so lost. I only know that I have only one person to turn to. Eunhyuk, my beloved. I had ran with all my might to his house. I knocked politely on his front door. No answer. I knocked harder in case his mother didn't hear me. I then banged the door. No answer. I started banging with all my might. No answer. The neighbour came out and handed me a letter. On the envelope was his handwriting. I could recognise it anywhere. He wrote, My Dearest Haemin on the envelope. I opened it and found out he migrated. He didn't want to tell me for fear I'll be sad. But he told me he'll be back and I've to wait for him. He didn't say when he'll be back and where he migrated to.

I was miserable. I was alone. I was pregnant. I dragged myself to a pub nearby and drank myself silly for the whole day. After that, I dragged my drunken self to Donghae's house. I don't know how but I managed to get myself to his house. He opened the door to find me drunk.

"Woah! Careful!"he said as he carried me to his sofa.

"Donghae! Your best friend left me,"I began crying.

I passed him the letter. He read it and his eyes went soft.

"I'm so sorry that he had to leave on your birthday,Min. Anyway, Happy Birthday!"Donghae smiled.

"You know whats worse?"I asked Donghae.

"What?"Donghae asked.

"I just found out I was pregnant!"I said.

"WHAT?!"Donghae exclaimed.

"Yupp. Eunhyuk's the father. I'm very sure of it,"I said and I fell asleep.

I closed my eyes. That was 8th of May. My birthday. I had the most miserable birthday.

"I'm so sorry,"Eunhyuk said softly.

"There's no use apologising, you know. Its all over,"I bit my lower lip.

"Where's the baby now?"Eunhyuk asked.

"Heaven,"I muttered while crying.

"What?"he said.

"I aborted the baby, Eunhyuk. What am I supposed to do? I was pregnant at 18! I was only a teenager!"I looked at him and continued crying.

"Does your parents know?"he asked.

"Of course not! Do you think my mother will like you this much if she knows?!"I exclaimed.

"Then, who accompanied you to abort the baby? Donghae?"he asked.

"Of course not! I went alone! Do you know how much it hurts me? I feel so guilty! But I really can't give birth at 18. Especially when I'm a single mother!"I cried.

Eunhyuk hugged me again.

"I really hate you, bastard! Why did you have to leave me? All this wouldn't have happened!"I shouted as I cried in his hug.

"I'm sorry,"Eunhyuk kept saying.

"I hate you!"I cried.

"I love you,"he mumbled.

"Do you know how miserable I've been without you? Do you know how much I missed you? You didn't even call me!"I cried.

"I'm sorry,"his tears dropped on the top of my head.

"I miss you so much, Lee Hyukjae!"I cried harder.

"I miss you very much too, Minnie,"he cried even more.

"I love you,"I hugged him back.

"I love you too. I'm sorry for all that happened,"Eunhyuk said.

End of Chapter
DarkAngel