The Villa

8th Of May

I looked in the mirror. I didn't know I could look like that. This is the first time I've taken out that dress to wear after so many yeasrs. It was white tube dress with a black belt. That dress was given to me from Eunhyuk for my 16th birthday. I looked really different from my 16th birthday when I first wore it. My hair was longer. And I was chubbier too, if you count the 4 kilograms that I lost to become the 42kg that I am now. I slipped my feet into the white heels that I've bought last month and grabbed my clutch and went downstairs to meet Sungmin. I opened the front door and there he was in a white shirt with a tie and pants. He smiled when he saw me and I smiled back. From behind, he presented me a bouquet of roses.

"Thanks,"I smiled.

We then sat in his car and he drove us to The Villa.

"Do you really think we should go to The Villa? All the things there are so expensive. By the way, I withdrew a hundred bucks so we could go split the cost,"I told him.

"No need for that. I'll treat you,"he turned to me and smiled.

"Are you nuts?! That place is for really rich people, you know. We're still students after all. I can't just let you pay like that,"I argued.

"Don't worry about it, alright. Just enjoy yourself today,"Sungmin answered.

"Lee Sungmin, if you don't let me pay, you can forget about seeing me ever again or even being friends with me,"I told him sternly.

"You won't do that, Kim Haemin,"he laughed.

"Why not, may I ask, Lee Sungmin?"I asked.

"Cause you can't resist me cuteness,"he turned to me and did a cute face and I burst out laughing.

"You win but I'm still contributing to the bill,"I answered.

"We'll see, we'll see,"he told me as we turned into The Villa.

We walked towards the restaurant.

"Sungmin,"Sungmin said to the waiter at the door.

"This way, please,"he answered and led us towards a table for 2.

"You actually made a reservation?"I asked when I sat down.

"Yupp, its hard to get a table for dinner,"Sungmin answered.

"Do you come here often?"I asked.

"Once a month with my parents. You?"he smiled.

"My mum loves cooking. We don't really eat out,"I told him as he helped me order my favourite salad prawn.

"I see. By the way, you look really nice in that dress,"he complimented.

"Thanks. You look really hot today,"I smiled.

"HAHAHA! I thought only DBSK's Jaejoong look hot,"he joked.

"Both of you are hot,"I smiled.

"Thank you then. Where did you buy your dress? I've never seen it before,"Sungmin asked.

"Erm, my ex bought it for me,"I answered while looking down at my bracelet.

"Oh,"he dragged his word and as he nodded.

The food came and we started eating.

"Have you spoken to Donghae today? I'm pretty worried about him after all his hangover was so bad this morning,"Sungmin told me.

"Not yet. But I can call him now if you want,"I replied.

"Sure,"he nodded as he reached out to get some more food.

I took out my phone and called Donghae.

"Min,"he answered.

"Hae, are you okay? Sungmin and I are quite worried about you,"I told him.

"Worried? Why would you two lovebirds be worried about me?"he asked.

"You had a pretty bad hangover this morning, if you forgot,"I told him.

"Oh yeah. I forgot all about it. I'm okay now,"he replied.

"Oh good! Are you out with her?"I asked.

"Out with who?"that idiot pretended not to know.

"Sunye. Duh! Who else?"I answered.

"Er, yeah,"he replied.

"Oh great! I won't disturb you then. Have fun! Bye!"I hung up.

"He's with Sunye?"Sungmin asked with his eyes huge with curiosity.

"Yupp. I think he likes her. Not really sure though,"I answered.

"Amazing. Isn't Sunye in Donghae's fanclub too?"he asked.

"I think so. I only know she's a member of yours,"I answered.

He nodded and we continued eating.

"Did you have a girlfriend before me?"I asked him.

He nodded.

"You look kinda sad. Are you okay?"I asked.

He nodded.

"Oh okay. Let's change our topic then. Do you have any siblings?"I asked.

"Nope. Only child. You're one yourself, right?"he asked.

"Yupp. Who told you that? Donghae?"I asked.

He nodded.

"He tells you everything,"I commented.

"Not really compared to what he tells you,"he replied.

"Quite true. HAHAHA,"I smiled.

We continued eating.

"So, what made you join the acting course in university?"Sungmin asked.

"Hmmm,the reason I joined was because I got rejected for the Hotel Management course,"I answered.

"WHAT?! I thought the acting course was first choice for you,"Sungmin looked up from his food.

"Nah. I don't really like acting,"I answered.

"But you're really good at acting,"he told me.

"Yeah right. I'm a total failure when it comes to acting,"I replied.

"But you're the lead actress for most of the plays,"he said.

"I consider that pure bad luck cause I've to treat my other two Kim musketeers to dinner cause of it,"I told him.

"But you received Best Actress last year,"he told me.

"Thats cause Sunye wasn't the lead actress,"I answered.

"Haemin, you're really good at acting. Name me someone who can make themselves cry within one minute during a live performance other than yourself,"Sungmin said.

"There's a lot! There's you, Kibum, Heechul and Sunye,"I answered.

"Thats cause the four of us went through a training course. You're a natural at this acting thing,"he told me.

With that, I started laughing.

"I'm not natural! Who told you that! I'm more natural dancing, if you realise,"I answered.

"I agree. I would prefer seeing you dance than act,"he nodded his head.

"I feel more at ease dancing. I feel like I'm some freak when I act,"I shook my head.

Sungmin laughed.

"What about you? Was acting first choice for you?"I asked him.

"Just like you, nope,"he smiled.

"Amazing. You're a really awesome actor yourself,"I smiled.

"Yeah. I joined cause my father felt that I had more future than being a singer,"he told me.

"I didn't know you can sing. Why don't you sing for me?"I smiled.

"NOW?"his eyes were so huge just like a goldfish's.

"Why not we wait till christmas?"I smiled while I answered sarcastically.

"But we're in public,"Sungmin looked around.

"Its okay!"I encouraged him.

"I'll sing Now and Forever then. Softly,"he said and he started singing.

Whenever I'm weary from the battles that rage 
in my head 
You make sense of madness when my sanity 
hangs by a thread 
I lose my way but still you seam to understand 
Now and forever 
I will be your man

He stopped singing and looked at me.

"Go on,"I prompted.

He shook his head.

"You have a really nice voice, you know. Really wasted if you don't become a singer,"I told him.

"You think so?"he asked.

"Yupp! And the best thing is you can dance! So you can be like DBSK! Find four more people and ta-da! A second generation of DBSK,"I smiled.

"Right!"he shook his head.

We finished our meal and the bill came.

"Let me take a look at the bill,"I said.

"Nope. Girls shouldn't look at the bill. They shouldn't know how much it is since the guys are paying,"he answered.

"Lee Sungmin, hand over the bill! We're going to split the cost,"I told him firmly.

"Haemin, I already told you there's no need to split the cost,"he answered.

"Lee Sungmin, I'll give you the first warning. Hand over the bill,"I said louder this time.

"I'll feel weird if I don't pay for it,"Sungmin answered.

"You're still going to pay for it, Sungmin. Its just that I'll be contributing too. Hand it over,"I said.

He shook his head as he passed his credit card to the waiter. The waiter walked away with the bill.

"I'll give you one last chance. Tell me how much it cost and I'll still be your girlfriend,"I told him.

"Why are you persistent about paying? Aren't the guys supposed to pay?"he asked.

"Its not nice! Its a burden to the guys. Come on, tell me. How much?"I asked.

He shook his head.

"Lee Sungmin!"I glared at him.

He shook his head.

"Be that way then!"I glared at him and walked off.

After he signed the bill, he ran after me.

"HAEMIN!"he shouted as I walked out to the main road to flag a cab home.

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me to this car. I sat in his car with a sulky face.

"Haemin, its just a bill. Don't let it ruin our relationship, alright?"he said softly.

I kept quiet.

"Talk to me, Haemin. You know you want to cause I'm the cutest guy on earth,"he smiled at me and did a cute face.

"Oh, go away!"I smiled as I pushed his face away.

"Good, you're not angry anymore,"he nodded as he drove me home.

"Whatever,"I answered.

He drove us to the bottom of the hill and stopped the car.

"Why are you stopping?"I asked.

"Cause I'm gonna walk you home,"he answered.

"Why?"I asked.

"Its more romantic. Let's go. Remember to take your flowers,"he called out.

I reached behind to get the bouquet of roses and he opened the door for me to get out. We walked up the hil in silence and his hand found mine. We held hands as we walk. This feeling was of course different from the way Eunhyuk and I held hands. Eunhyuk's hand would find mine within a second and our fingers will interlock easily as if our hands were complimenting each other. We walked up the hill towards my house and we continued chatting. As we walked nearer to my house, I realised someone was standing near my gate.

It can't be him, right? I thought to myself.

It sure looked like him though. As we walked nearer and nearer. I realised that someone was standing there, as if he's waiting for someone. It can't be him, right? I must be missing him too much to be thinking thats Eunhyuk. HAHAHAHA! Silly me. It'll never be him. Its been three years, idiot! Sungmin and I walked and walked. That someone began to pace around after he got a little impatient. He then walked under a streetlamp. His face was then visible under the lamp. My jaw dropped. My heart stopped beating. I was completely horrified. IT IS EUNHYUK!

End of Chapter
DarkAngel