If Love Is Shelter, I'll Walk In the Rain

In Love With a Mobster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*****************************************

5 YEARS AGO

It was his first time to see a huge luxurious house, or he could even call it a palace. He knew then the person who took him in wasn’t someone ordinary. Hyukjae looked at the smiling man in front of him, feeling relieved to see his kindness. He didn’t have a single idea why this man took him into his family.

After 4 years living in the orphanage since his parents died in an accident, this was the first time he went to a foreign place, isolated from other houses. Beside the man, whom he remembered his name as Choi Kiho, was his two bodyguards.

“Hyukjae,” the man spoke, “You’re my family now. Let’s get along well, okay son?”

Hyukjae nodded.

“You know, I really want you to be friends with my son. He’s a good kid, but he’s lonely, his mom died long ago.”

Hyukjae nodded again. Now he knew why the man was so eager to adopt him. But he was grateful that he had a chance to know what it was like to have a family. And he would never be a burden to them, he promised.

 

After he was done touring around the house, Hyukjae sat on the couch in the living room, feeling tired. This mansion was too huge that he thought he was walking in a shopping mall. He looked at his side, where the two bodyguards were still there, watching over him. He sighed, feeling uncomfortable.

Just when he was about to get up, he heard voices, and then a good looking boy entered the living room. He could already assume that the boy was Choi Kiho’s son; Choi Siwon. The boy stopped when he realized there was an unfamiliar face in his house. He narrowed his eyes, eyeing Hyukjae from head to toe.

“Who are you?” he asked.

“I’m Hyukjae. Mr Choi took me in today,” Hyukjae answered politely.

“Hyukjae…” Choi Siwon whispered. He stared at the boy for a moment, and then a smile appeared on his lips. “It’s very nice to meet you, Hyukjae.”

*******************************************

 

 

With the throbbing pain on his right arm, Donghae slowly opened his eyes, squinting slightly. When he looked around, he realized he was in his room, and he was already late for his class. He sighed. He would get into trouble after this, for sure. He flinched when the pain on his arm throbbed again as he tried to move.

Damn that ing Jin and his men, they dare to hit me with a stick, he cursed, already planning to kill them mercilessly if they’d meet again. Just then, his eyes widened when he realized something. Eunhyuk! He got up abruptly, making the pain throbbing even more.

“Donghae!”

As soon as he heard the familiar soft voice, Donghae immediately looked up, sighing in relief when he saw Eunhyuk at his side.

“Donghae, are you alright? Does your wound still hurt? Are you sure you don’t have to go to the hospital?” Eunhyuk didn’t even waste a single second to ask, with a worried look in his puffy eyes.

Donghae smiled slightly when he realized the latter was wearing the shirt he bought for him yesterday. “Why are your eyes like that? You cried the whole night, didn't you? You crybaby," he said as he ruffled the blonde's soft hair.

“B-but Donghae looked so hurt…so…so I…” Eunhyuk cast his eyes down, unable to look at Donghae.

Donghae cupped the latter’s face, looking into his eyes as he pulled him closer. “So this is how it feels to have someone to protect,” he whispered to himself.

“What did you say, Donghae?”

“Nothing.” He leaned his back against the headboard of the bed, still looking at Eunhyuk beside him.

Eunhyuk moved closer, placing his hand on Donghae’s temple, it gently. Somehow he felt he had done this to someone before, it was just that he still couldn’t remember. Then it happened again; his heart was beating so fast when Donghae stared at him with his gentle gaze, as if he was trying to remember every part of Eunhyuk’s face.

He slowly reached out, pulling Eunhyuk closer to him and the blonde complied. Their faces were so close, and before Eunhyuk knew what was happening, Donghae was already bending down to him, kissing him gently on the lips. Eunhyuk closed his eyes, responding to the kiss as he wrapped his arms around Donghae’s neck.

The gentle and lingering touch of Donghae’s soft lips on his made him feel the tingling sensation again, it was a weird feeling and yet he liked it, he felt like he was on cloud nine. He was sure now that he liked Donghae, though he couldn’t remember when exactly he started to have this kind of feeling.

Eunhyuk gasped when suddenly Donghae bit his lower lip, giving a chance for Donghae to slide his tongue into the blonde’s wet cavern, savoring the sweet taste he never felt before. He was too engrossed in kissing the blonde without realizing his hand had moved inside Eunhyuk’s shirt.

“Unh…D-donghae…” Eunhyuk couldn’t help but to moan, this was the first time he experienced this, though he kind of liked it.

They broke the kiss after a moment, panting for air. They both stared into each other’s eyes, trying to figure out their own feelings.

“Donghae…I-“

Before Eunhyuk could even finish, he was pulled into a gentle embrace by Donghae.

“Eunhyuk…” Donghae whispered, “I think…I like you.”

Eunhyuk swallowed, still trying to process what Donghae had just said to him. He even thought he was dreaming and all of this wasn’t real. But when the latter broke the hug and looked at him with those gentle eyes, he knew he was in a reality. He looked down, not knowing what to say anymore.

Donghae chuckled. “You’re blushing again.”

“I-Im not!”

“I can see it clearly, pabo.”

“I said I’m not! Donghae is the one who’s a pabo!” Eunhyuk pouted and turned around, back facing Donghae as he was still mumbling tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter