There and Back Again

In Love With a Mobster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“D-don’t you ever…hurt him, again,” Eunhyuk said, stuttering as he hesitantly pointed the gun at the latter. “Or I will kill you with my own hands.”

Siwon didn’t say anything, but it was obvious that Eunhyuk’s drastic change surprised him a little. He sighed heavily, before slowly moving forward, approaching the trembling blonde.

Eunhyuk instinctively took a few steps backward, until he reached the concrete wall behind him. He tightened his grip around the gun, preparing to pull the trigger if Siwon were to do anything dangerous. He was determined to do this. He had to make things right before it was too late.

“Kill me?” Siwon finally spoke. “You?”

“Don’t touch Donghae,” Eunhyuk bravely said. “Please.”

“I’m surprised, Hyukjae,” Siwon said, shaking his head as he took another step forward, “You’re supposed to be my fiancé. You’ve changed a lot.”

“You shouldn’t be the one saying that.”

“Is this some kind of a revenge you have for me?”

“I’m trying to make things better for all of us.”

Siwon laughed. As he finally stopped in front of the blonde, he grabbed his wrist and brought the gun closer to his forehead. “Shoot me then.”

Eunhyuk bit his lip as hard as he could, knowing that Siwon wasn’t joking at all. Siwon was the kind of person who wasn’t afraid of anything in this world, including death. And that part of him was something that people feared the most. But now, here he was, pointing a gun at the most feared person in the underground world.

The decision was up to him, but he couldn’t bring himself to pull the trigger. Killing someone wasn’t something that could be taken lightly, and no matter what Siwon had done to him, he was still a human being, the one who had lost his way in the dark world.

“What’s wrong?” Siwon asked. “Go ahead, shoot me. You came here to kill me, aren’t you?”

“There’s always a second chance for each of us, Siwon,” Eunhyuk said, “Take that chance, and live a better life.”

“Stop talking nonsense and kill me now.”

“Siwon, please!”

Before Eunhyuk could move, Siwon had already grabbed his arm and slammed him harshly against the wall. He cupped the blonde’s face with his right hand, glaring at him with anger in his eyes. “You can’t kill me. You can never kill anyone, Lee Hyukjae. Why did you come here in the first place? Do you want to laugh while seeing me like this, or do you want to be killed instead?”

Eunhyuk struggled to get away from the latter’s strong grip, but it didn’t seem like Siwon would calm down just by doing this. He let out a gasp when the latter took away his gun and threw it aside, before grabbing his hair and pulled him closer. He wanted to scream because of the pain, but his voice wouldn’t come out.

“Isn’t that a good thing?” Siwon smirked. “Dying with me wouldn’t be so bad, don’t you think?”

“Siwon, you’re hurting me!”

“What about the wounds that you gave me, Lee Hyukjae? Should you be the one to heal them, or should I make Lee Donghae pay for what you’ve done?”

“Don’t…” Eunhyuk tried hard to let his voice out, “Don’t you dare touch him.”

Siwon frowned. He could never understand why the blonde chose to be with someone else, rather than him, his own fiancé. And he hated it. He hated the fact that a man he had never known before, managed to steal away the most precious thing he had in his life. Gritting his teeth, he slapped Eunhyuk as hard as he could, causing the blonde to fall on the floor.

Eunhyuk winced in pain as he tried to sit up, having a hard time to keep his balance. His head was spinning, and his knees were trembling, but he couldn’t pass out now. He had to do something.

“You shouldn’t do that,” Siwon hunkered down beside the blonde and cupped his face harshly, “Don’t mention his name in front of me.”

“S-siwon…”

“What should I do with you, love? You’re all alone now. Come with me, and leave everything you have behind.”

Eunhyuk glanced to his left side, looking at the gun that Siwon had thrown away earlier. It wasn’t too far from him, he could at least do something to take it back. But before he could even think of anything, the closed door to the room suddenly flung open, startling both of them.

“What makes you think he came here alone, Master Choi?”

Upon seeing the owner of the familiar voice who had stepped into the room, Siwon’s expression slowly changed, his eyes turning red out of anger. He wasn’t shocked to see this happening. The only thing he could feel right was the rage that was slowly taking over him.

“Cho Kyuhyun,” Siwon clenched his fists tightly. He then turned to look at Eunhyuk who was still on the floor, unable to utter even a word. “Nice job, Lee Hyukjae.”

“His name is Eunhyuk now,” Kyuhyun stepped closer inside and stood in front of Eunhyuk, as if he was shielding him. “He’s one of us.”

“Hearing that from you is quite funny, Cho.”

“You didn’t think I’d be here, did you?” Kyuhyun said, his lips forming a wicked smile. “Because this is not within your calculation.”

“What are you getting at?”

“You’ve seen this coming, that once Eunhyuk have his memories back, he’d try to find you. And you know he’d come here alone without telling anyone. Everything’s going smoothly according to your plan.”

“And? What’s your point by telling me all of this?”

“You’ve forgotten about me; the hidden blade inside your own group. I thought about this a lot, you know. I made a choice just by following my hunch but damn, I’m glad that I’m right.”

Siwon glared at the younger, who only smiled at him in return. “Good for you, then.”

“You know what your biggest mistake is, Siwon?” Kyuhyun calmly took out a revolver from inside his jacket, pointing it at the symbol of serpent carved on the wall. “You don’t trust anyone aside from yourself. You always kept a certain length of distance from me. And thanks to that, you can never see through me.”

As soon as he finished talking, Kyuhyun directed his revolver at Siwon and pulled the trigger a few times, but of course, Siwon wasn’t a leader for nothing. Moving as fast as lightning, he managed to avoid the bullets before taking out his own gun, and shot back at Kyuhyun.

Eunhyuk quickly hid behind the couch, while clenching his eyes shut. He could only hope that nothing bad would happen. “Be safe, Kyu, please!” he whispered.

“I could say the same thing too, Cho Kyuhyun,” Siwon said, “Because I can never trust anyone else, people can never know what’s in my mind.”

And right after he said it, the loud sound of explosion could be heard throughout the whole mansion, that was now burning in flame. Dark smoke could be seen surrounding the mansion, and in the blink of an eye, it was engulfed by the raging fire.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter