Out of the Darkness

In Love With a Mobster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” Heechul was the first one to break the awkward silence. He glanced at Donghae and Kyuhyun, giving them a worried look but they remained calm.

“Do you have proof?” Yunho asked, though he knew there was no point asking an obvious question. Donghae and Kyuhyun were clearly involved with the mafias, but they had quit long ago and this didn’t make sense at all.

“We have an arrest warrant,” the police officer said, showing an A4-sized white paper to them. “Going against us will just worsen the situation. Please cooperate with us.”

They all looked at each other, trying to think of a way to get out of this troublesome situation. Eunhyuk who was unable to understand anything looked at Donghae beside him, confusion was written all over his face. He had no idea of what was happening, but he had a feeling it wouldn’t be good.

“Fine, let’s go then,” Donghae said after a moment of silence, shocking everyone around him except for Kyuhyun.

“D-donghae-ah…” Heechul looked at the latter in disbelief, “Are you serious?”

“We have no choice,” Kyuhyun said, smiling bitterly when his eyes met with Sungmin’s worried ones.

They had never expected to face this kind of problem, but there was nothing they could do other than to obey the law. They were once criminals, and they had to receive the punishment for what they had done. Though, there’d be people who’d never be able to let them go.

Sensing that Eunhyuk was getting even more restless, Donghae held his hand tightly and placed a smile on his face, trying to stay calm. He’d never care what would happen to him, but to see the blonde in despair because of him was something that he never wanted to happen.

“Hyukkie…” Donghae started, but somehow, it was so hard for him to continue.

“Hae…what is going on? Who are those weird looking people? Why are they here?” Eunhyuk who was still unable to get hold of the situation asked.

He clearly looked worried, and Donghae found it even harder for him to tell the truth. After taking a deep breath, he took the blonde’s hands into his and held them tightly, while staring deep into his single-lidded eyes. “Hyukkie…I have to leave for a while. I’m so sorry,” he finally managed to say.

Eunhyuk didn’t say anything, but the surprise look on his face was able to explain what he was feeling. “W-what are you saying, Hae? Where are you going?”

“I…I have something to do. Don’t worry, everything will be fine. I promise to be back soon.”

“B-but Hae, where are you going? W-why? Why are you leaving me? You don’t like me anymore?”

Donghae felt even worse when he saw the blonde was already on the verge of tears. He pulled the blonde into his embrace, wrapping his strong arms protectively around his fragile body. “It’s not like that. I’ll never stop loving you, Hyukkie. Remember that,” he whispered, before slowly pulling away.

He then looked at Heechul, who immediately understood that he was telling him to take care of Eunhyuk. With heavy steps, he walked towards the front door with Kyuhyun trailing behind him. He knew even Kyuhyun was having a hard time to leave Sungmin, they were both suffering, but just like his brother had said, they had no choice. This was the price they had to pay for committing a sin. But before he could take a step outside, he could hear Eunhyuk’s voice calling his name while crying and sobbing.

“Hae, please! Don’t leave me! I want to go with Hae!” Eunhyuk was crying hysterically, while the others were trying to calm him down.

“Do something, Lee Donghae,” Kyuhyun told him, “You can’t just leave him like that.”

“I’m sorry, but we need to hurry,” the police officer said, only to receive a glare from Kyuhyun.

“I’ll wait with you in your car, but please let my brother stay for another five minutes. I beg you,” Kyuhyun said, ignoring the surprise look Donghae was giving him. The two officers were being stubborn at first, but then they finally agreed and left with Kyuhyun, heading towards their car.

“Thanks, bro,” Donghae said and hurried to the blonde’s side, before hugging him gently in his arms.

“Hae…” Eunhyuk who was still crying looked at the latter pleadingly. “D-don’t leave me…”

“I’m sorry…” Donghae clenched his eyes shut while gritting his teeth, trying to hold back his tears. They just stayed that way for a moment, until the blonde was slowly calming down. When he could no longer hear him crying, he took a look at his face, only to find out he had already fallen asleep.

“Bring him to his room,” Leeteuk told him, sighing as he sat down on the couch.

Donghae nodded. He carefully lifted the blonde up and carried him to his room, before placing him down on the bed. “Forgive me,” he said with his trembling voice as he leaned down and kissed the blonde on his forehead.

It wasn’t easy to let go of the blonde’s hand, but he knew he had to. If only he could rewrite his past, he’d definitely change everything. But it would never happen. He felt like his heart was broken to pieces looking at the blonde’s pale face, because he was the one who hurt him. He had hurt the most important person in his life. A drop of tear fell from his eye as he brought the blonde’s hand to his lips and kissed it tenderly.

“I love you, and I’ll always do,” he whispered in Eunhyuk’s ear, before turning around and walked away, leaving the blonde alone.

__________________________________________

 

 

Ever since they were put into the cell, Donghae and Kyuhyun hadn’t said even a single word. They were staring into the empty space, both were immersed in their own thoughts. It was only when a guard walked past their cell that they finally looked at each other. Donghae wanted to smile, but he just couldn’t. It was like he had forgotten how to smile the moment he set his foot in this place.

“You look terrible,” Kyuhyun said.

Donghae chuckled bitterly. “Speak for yourself. Why didn’t you say something to Sungmin? He looks so sad.”

“I’m scared.”

“Scared of what?”

“I might not be able to leave if I were to see his face. I just…can’t.”

“I really feel like going back to the past and change my life,” Donghae said as he leaned back against the wall behind him, “I don’t want to be a criminal. I want to live like everyone else.”

“But it’s impossible for us, isn’t it?” Kyuhyun said with a sad smile on his face. He scooted closer to his brother and sat beside him, just like he always did when they were still small. They were always together since they were young, and they also ended up walking along the dark path together.

“Don’t show me that face. I’m not gonna hug you anymore like I did when you were still a kid,” Donghae said jokingly, and they both burst into laughter remembering their past.

“I never knew we’re going to fall in love this deep.”

“It’s called fate.”

“Hearing that from you makes me want to puke, you know.”

“Shut up.”

Kyuhyun chuckled. “I guess everyone who’s in love is like this, huh?”

Donghae smiled as he reached out, ruffling his brother’s brown hair. “You brat, don’t be so sad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter