A Better Life

In Love With a Mobster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Everything seemed to be turning back to how it was before. Donghae had started attending his classes in college, after being forced by Yunho even though he was planning to quit at first. Education is important, was what the older told him, and he had no choice but to agree.

It might not be that bad, since Eunhyuk would always be there to welcome him home with his bright smile. Just like a happy married couple. Donghae’s lips curved into a huge grin at his own childish thought. But his daydreaming was interrupted by Heechul who appeared out of nowhere and sat beside him.

“Stop smiling, it’s creepy,” Heechul mocked.

“What the hell are you doing here? I thought you’ve already graduated.”

“I’m visiting young master Lee Donghae who’s eating alone at the cafe.”

“I never thought you’d want to waste your time looking at my handsome face,” Donghae smirked.

He could tell that Heechul was worried about him, without even having to ask. But unlike how he was before, he had changed to a slightly better student now, considering that he’d do anything to buy his own house so he could spend his time with Eunhyuk alone. Oh, how wonderful would that be.

“Eunhyuk is getting better,” Heechul said. “He looks happy. I’m glad.”

“I know, and I’m glad too. This kind of life is much better than before, don’t you think?”

Heechul nodded. It was probably Eunhyuk who had changed everything, teaching them how to live a better life. He had never regretted meeting the blonde, not even once. “You’re lucky to have Eunhyuk.”

Donghae smiled. “Yeah, God must love me after all.”

“Yunho is planning a barbecue party tomorrow night. Sounds good, huh? It’s been a long time since we’ve gathered together.”

“Don’t let Hyunjoong come. He’s gonna molest Eunhyuk again.”

“You’re such a jealous freak.”

“Whatever.”

“Hey Donghae…”

Donghae nearly choked as he was drinking a glass of water, when suddenly a pair of hands wrapped around his waist from behind. Groaning, he turned around and glared at a girl wearing a short black dress, who was already sitting down beside him. Kim Yoomi, the girl who had been trying to hit on him since last semester, only smiled at him in return.

“Want to join me later? We should have some fun.”

“ off,” Donghae muttered, prying her hands off harshly.

Heechul quickly looked away, trying to suppress his laughter seeing how annoyed the Donghae looked right now. He was Mr Popular after all.

“Donghae, you’re so boring. Come on, let’s go clubbing tonight. We can even spend the night together, I’ll be more than happy,” Kim Yoomi didn’t give up. She traced her index finger along Donghae’s muscular chest while crossing her legs, showing her creamy skin.

“Don’t make me hurt you, girl,” Donghae gritted his teeth, getting even more irritated. “Get off me, now.”

“Are you playing hard to get?” Moving even closer, Kim Yoomi circled her arms around the latter’s neck, her lips were only an inch apart from Donghae’s.

And Donghae finally snapped. He abruptly stood up, and was about to slap the girl hard when suddenly his eyes landed on the two figures standing in front of them. It was Kyuhyun, who was scratching his nape awkwardly, and there was Eunhyuk standing beside him, looking at them wide-eyed.

“Uh-oh,” Heechul’s jaw dropped. “You’re done for, Donghae.”

“Holy ,” Donghae almost stumbled as he was hurrying to go after Eunhyuk who left right away after seeing his ‘dramatic’ scene.

“Sorry man, he insisted to see you so I brought him here,” Kyuhyun said, when Donghae shot him a deadly glare as he walked past him.

“I’ll deal with you later,” Donghae said and fastened his pace, trying to catch up to Eunhyuk who was walking ahead of him. “Hyukkie!”

“Don’t talk to me,” Eunhyuk said, pulling his hand away when the latter tried to stop him.

“Hyukkie, wait, please, listen to me. I have nothing to do with that girl. I swear! She just-“

“But she kissed you!”

“She didn’t!”

“Liar. You didn’t even push her away!”

“I was going to, and then you came!”

“So it’s my fault now?”

Donghae frowned. Eunhyuk seemed to be getting even more sensitive these days, for some odd reason. He took a step forward and brushed his thumb along the blonde’s cheek, staring at him lovingly. “Look into my eyes, Hyukkie, and tell me, do you believe me? Do you really think I’d cheat on you?”

“I…” Eunhyuk stopped for a second, his face slowly softened the moment their eyes met, “I believe in you.”

“Do you really think I’d leave you for a cheap girl like her? I’ve told you so many times, Hyukkie, you’re the only one for me.”

“I’m sorry,” Eunhyuk mumbled. He moved closer towards the latter and hugged him, burying his head in Donghae’s chest. “But I really miss you.”

Donghae grinned. Now, that was what he wanted to hear so badly. “I miss you too, angel,” he whispered as he wrapped his arms protectively around the blonde. “But I’m too busy with my classes, I’m sorry.”

“It’s…it’s alright…I’ll just wait for you at home.”

“Should we do it again tonight?”

“Do what?”

“You know what I mean.”

“ert.”

______________________________

 

 

Lately, Eunhyuk seemed a little different. Donghae realized the slight changes in him, but he chose not to say anything about it. He was afraid of finding the truth. He noticed too, how Eunhyuk would always spend his time writing on the note book he had bought for him, though he’d refuse to show it to others. Whatever it was, Donghae only wanted the blonde to be here with him, standing by his side whenever he needed him.

“Morning.”

Donghae’s thought was interrupted when suddenly a pair of soft lips landed on his cheek. His lips instantly curved into a wide smile as he turned to face Eunhyuk beside him, who had just finished taking a shower.

“What’s this?” Donghae cocked an eyebrow seeing the blonde’s wet hair. He was only wearing shorts, revealing his milky thighs. “Are you trying to tempt me, Hyukkie?”

“Let’s have breakfast.”

“Why don’t we do something else instead?” Smirking, Donghae brushed his lips lightly along the blonde’s defined jaw line, only to get pushed away by him.

“Sungmin-hyung said breakfast is important for a student like you,” Eunhyuk smiled as he sat on the bed, grabbing a towel to dry his hair.

Donghae wasn’t sure if the blonde was totally oblivious of what he meant, or he was only pretending not to know the erted side of his mind. He crossed his hands over his chest, looking at every movement Eunhyuk was making. The way he wiped his wet hair, his calm eyes, and how composed he looked compared to before, he studied everything about him carefully.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter