To Love

In Love With a Mobster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*************************************************

5 MONTHS AGO

“It’s amnesia.”

The confirmation made by the doctor answered everything. Sungmin and Leeteuk stared at the sleeping Hyukjae on the bed, with bandages wrapped around his head. Clenching his fists, Sungmin walked closer to the bed, taking a better look of Hyukjae’s pale face, full with sadness and despair. If only they had the strength to protect Hyukjae, if only they could reverse the time and make things right…

“It seems like his head hit something hard when he fell down and it worsen the already existed wound,” the doctor explained, “It’s a temporary amnesia, his memories will return eventually, but it’ll take time.”

“How long will it take for him to remember?” Leeteuk asked with his eyes fixed on Hyukjae.

The doctor sighed. “That, I can’t really say. Sometimes it takes a month, sometimes a year, sometimes even years. It depends on the patient himself.”

“I see…” Leeteuk smiled weakly at the doctor, thanking him sincerely before the middle-aged man left. He took a sit on the chair beside the bed, gently patting Hyukjae’s hair. They were safe, at least for now, thanks to Kangin who managed to keep Hyukjae’s whereabout a secret, but Siwon would come soon. And he didn’t even want to think of what was going to happen from now on.

“I’m going to take Hyukjae and run, far from here,” Sungmin said out of the blue, surprising the elder.

“But Min, you’ll be killed.”

“At least I can save this kid.” Sungmin smiled bitterly. “Hyung, we had never known what happiness was before. All that we can see was blood, evil, darkness, but not until he came. He reminds me of my late brother, my baby brother who was killed when he was still a child. This world is too scary, hyung. But Hyukjae saved us all. He took us out from the dark, teaching us how to live this live properly. Do you think I’m just gonna sit and watch him suffering? Even if I’m going to die, I’m going to make sure he can live a happy life, hyung.”

Leeteuk rarely cried. He wasn’t the type of person who would cry easily, but his tears fell upon hearing the words that came out from Sungmin’s mouth. He pulled Sungmin close to him, embracing the younger in a warm hug, and Sungmin could no longer hold his tears back.

“No, Min,” Leeteuk said, “I’m going to save you all.”

**************************************************

 

 

“Where the hell is he?” Donghae nearly went crazy when he couldn’t find Eunhyuk. He could sense something was not right when he saw a man wandering around his car, pretending to talk on the phone. Even just by looking at him, he knew the strange man wasn’t just a passerby. Something was definitely wrong. There was only one thing in his mind at that moment; Eunhyuk.

He almost ran towards the shop but being a person who had a very bad luck, he ended up colliding into a guy, causing both of them to fell down on the tar road. It was quite painful but Donghae had no time to think about it and he quickly muttered ‘sorry’ to the guy. He was about to dash off when his arm was grabbed harshly from behind.

“You think ‘sorry’ is enough? It hurts, you know,” the bulky guy scoffed at him as he tightened his hold on Donghae’s arm.

Donghae sighed. “Look, I don’t have time for this right now. I need to go.”

“You’re the cocky type, huh? When you’re talking to someone older than you, learn how to respect, brat!”

A strong punch landed on Donghae’s face before he could move and he stumbled slightly, hissing in pain as his lips started to bleed. This son of a …Donghae cursed. He didn’t even wait to kick the guy on his stomach as hard as he could, making the son of a pig fell, and if it wasn’t because of Kyuhyun who stopped him, Donghae would kill the guy right there and then.

“Stop, Hae,” Kyuhyun dragged his brother away when he noticed people were staring at them, “Don’t create trouble here, we’re still in hiding.”

But too bad, it turned out that Donghae was right. When they arrived at the shop, Eunhyuk was nowhere to be found and even Sungmin was going crazy looking for the blonde. I shouldn’t have left him, Donghae kept blaming himself as he walked through the crowd on the packed street, desperately searching for Eunhyuk. He stopped in front of a fountain pond when he was out of breath, the result of running too much without stopping. He felt so helpless right now. He couldn’t find Eunhyuk and losing him was last thing he wanted to happen. No, there was no way he would stop, he would continue to look for the blonde even if it took him a week. He would do anything to keep Eunhyuk safe.

“Hae?”

Upon hearing the familiar soft voice he loved so much, Donghae lifted his head up, and Eunhyuk was there in front of him, an apologetic look was shown on his pale face.

“Hae, I’m sor-“

Before Eunhyuk could finish, Donghae had already pulled the blonde into a tight embrace, burying his face into the crook of Eunhyuk’s neck. “God, Hyukkie, please, don’t do this again.”

“Hae…I’m sorry…”

“Don’t be. It’s my fault too for leaving you like that.”

They stayed like that for a while, feeling warm in each other’s embrace, completely oblivious of Kyuhyun and Sungmin who were watching them from afar with a wide smile on their faces. It was like time had stopped and they were the only ones who were there, and they would never want the hands of time to move again.

“Where did you go, Hyukkie?” Donghae asked as soon as they broke the hug, but his hands were still on Eunhyuk’s waist, somehow afraid that the blonde might fly away if he were to let go.

“I played with a cute doggy, Hae,” A wide grin appeared on Eunhyuk’s face, “She’s so cute! And her papa allowed me to play with her. Her papa is so kind and handsome!”

Donghae frowned. Papa? “You mean the dog’s owner?”

Eunhyuk nodded excitedly. “He’s so kind, he even bought me strawberry milk, Hae. And he’s so handsome!”

Okay, Donghae was pissed. Eunhyuk actually praised someone else other than him. A rival had appeared. Ignoring Eunhyuk who was still blabbering about the guy he met, Donghae grabbed the blonde’s hand and dragged him towards the bakery shop, getting more pissed by the minute because Eunhyuk wouldn’t stop talking about that guy.

“Hyukkie!” Sungmin flung himself onto Eunhyuk as they arrived, “Where did you go you silly?”

“Minnie hyung, I met a very handsome guy.”

Donghae groaned as he heard the ‘hateful’ words again, while Kyuhyun just smirked mockingly at his brother. The almighty Lee Donghae had finally met his rival.

“Hyuk, don’t talk to strangers, it’s dangerous!” Sungmin reminded the blonde, his hands on hips, just like a mother advising her child.

“But he’s so kind!”

Kyuhyun quickly covered his mouth, trying hard to hold back his laughte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter