Learn to Love, Learn to Live

In Love With a Mobster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*********************************************

4 MONTHS AGO

“Eunhuk, Eunhyuk, Eunhyuk.”

He kept muttering his name as he walked slowly along the packed street. He didn’t know where he was, he didn’t know where he should go and he didn’t even know what he should do. He felt so tired, and he needed to eat something. It had been two hours since he left the abandoned house, and he was lucky enough when a middle-aged man offered him a ride and sent him here, saying that he could find a taxi. What’s a taxi? He thought, scratching his head cluelessly.

And just then, his eyes landed on a cake shop in front of him. As if it was inviting him, he rushed towards the door and walked inside, his eyes fixed on the delicious looking strawberry cake in the display showcase. But wait, how do I take it? He kept staring at the cake, oblivious that the waiters were looking at him suspiciously. He then walked behind the showcase, opening it without thinking and was about to take the cake when a hand stopped him.

“You’re a thief!” A female waiter yelled at him out of the blue.

Eunhyuk frowned. “Thief? But I’m hungry!”

“Hey! Call the police!” Another voice shouted.

When he saw the waiters were getting ready to catch him, Eunhyuk didn’t have a choice but to run.

“Hey! Wait, you thief!”

Eunhyuk didn’t have a clue why he was called a thief. He just wanted to eat. He kept running, not even minding other people who were staring at him and crossed the street without looking around him. Too bad, he wasn’t lucky enough. He could hear the sound of screeching tires getting near to him but it was too late. He didn’t even manage to let out a scream when he felt his body flew, before landing on the tar road. His body felt numb all of a sudden, making him unable to move. When he was about to close his eyes, he could feel a warm hand touching him, and then he heard someone said, ‘Lee Donghae.’

**********************************************

 

 

The night was still young, but there was not even a single sound around them. Donghae turned his head to his side, chuckling when he saw Eunhyuk was still avoiding his eyes. He knew the blonde was too shy to face him after the love making session they had earlier. He swore, that was the best moment he ever had in his life. He moved closer to Eunhyuk and pecked his cheek, causing the blonde’s face turned even redder. How cute, he thought, and started to shower Eunhyuk with kisses making the blonde laughed.

“Hae! It tickles!”

“But you’re too cute.” Donghae grinned. He took Eunhyuk’s hand and held it tightly while looking at the night sky filled with stars. It was beautiful, and he was glad Eunhyuk was here to see it with him. If the word ‘forever’ really existed in this world, he would love to live here with Eunhyuk for the rest of their lives.

“Hae,” Eunhyuk looked at the latter, frowning, “What do you want to show me? There’s nothing here.”

“It’s a surprise, just wait. You’ll like it, Hyukkie,” Donghae replied, smiling widely. He had always wanted to show this to Eunhyuk, and this would be a present for the blonde for lightening up his dull life all this time. They waited for a while in silence, sometimes exchanging glances with a smile on their faces, feeling contented to have each other by their sides. “Hyukkie,” Donghae whispered. “It’s time.”

Eunhyuk who was still clueless of what the latter was going to show him just let Donghae pulled his hand towards the riverside and when they arrived there, Eunhyuk’s eyes went wide, not even blinking when he saw fireflies flying around him, brightening the darkness surrounding them. It was the most beautiful sight he had ever seen, and Eunhyuk couldn’t even find a word to speak. The beauty in front of him made him speechless. The fireflies kept flying around the trees, before slowly starting to surround them, flying in circle.

“Do you like it, Hyukkie?” Donghae asked as he stared at the blonde’s face, too distracted by his beauty to enjoy the view.

Eunhyuk nodded. “It’s beautiful…”

“This is what I wanted to show you.”

Eunhyuk turned to look at the latter, smiling brightly as he placed both of his hands on Donghae’s cheeks. “Hae…I love you.”

Donghae smiled. He took Eunhyuk into his embrace gently and inhaled his scent, finding it hard to let him go for some reason. He wanted to hold Eunhyuk like this forver, waking up to see his face beside him every morning, talking and laughing with him, listening to his soft voice every single day, how wonderful would that be. But life wasn’t just about happiness. They would never know what would happen in the future. “Hyukkie…I-“

Just when he wanted to say something, his phone rang, interrupting their moment ONCE AGAIN, forcing him to break the hug. He answered the call reluctantly, knowing that it was Kyuhyun even without looking at the caller ID.

“Donghae, are you still at the cottage?”

Before he could say hello, Kyuhyun had already cut him off. “Yeah, why?” Donghae felt uneasy all of a sudden when he noticed Kyuhyun’s worried voice.

“We can’t find Teukie-hyung and Kangin-hyung.”

“What do you mean?”

“They called Sungmin two hours ago, saying that they were already in Seoul but when we went to their house, they weren’t there. And their phones are off.”

“Is that so…” Donghae knew something was wrong. But he was hoping that he wasn’t right. “I’ll head back now.”

“Alright.”

Sighing, Donghae ended the call and closed his eyes for a second, trying to calm himself down. He opened his eyes when he felt a hand caressing his cheek gently, and a smile etched on his lips when he saw Eunhyuk in front of him.

“What’s wrong, Hae?” Eunhyuk asked worriedly.

“Hyukkie…” Donghae took a deep breath before saying, “We need to go home.”

“Why?”

“We need to see Teukie-hyung and Kangin-hyung.”

Eunhyuk furrowed his eyebrows as they both stepped into the car, completely forgetting how happy he was before. “Why? Are they sick? Are they alright?”

“They’re alright.” Donghae said, carefully driving out of the riverside. He wasn’t sure if he could really say that when he didn’t know what really happened, but for now the only thing that he could do was praying for their safety. Please God, he prayed, please let them be safe.

 

 

“What?” Donghae nearly kicked the chair in front of him when Kyuhyun had finished explaining, saying that Leeteuk called and told them he was on his way to his hometown with Kangin because of an emergency and his family wanted to see him. To think that he rushed back here and even sacrificing his precious time with Eunhyuk for nothing, Donghae really felt like strangling Kyuhyun right now.

“Sorry bro,” Kyuhyun grinned apologetically, “We thought something happened to them.”

“You,” Sungmin narrowed his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest, “Though I feel sorry for ruining your date, but you didn’t do anything to Hyuk right?”

“Y-yeah, I didn’t do anything.” Donghae cursed himself for stuttering, but it seemed like Sungmin didn’t notice it, much to his relief. He glanced at Eunhyuk who was busy looking for his strawberry milk in the fridge, and then he turned back to Sungmin. “So, don’t you think you should tell me now?”

“About what?”

“What did the doctor tell you about his condition?”

Sungmin let out a sigh. “It’s…nothing serious actually.”

“Then tell me.”

"It has something to do with his psychology.”

“What do you mean?”

“The doctor said before that it’s only a temporary amnesia, but he still doesn’t remember anything. He’s blocking the past memories to free himself from his painful past, which I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter