Resolution

In Love With a Mobster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Donghae woke up to the sound of raindrops falling on the roof, echoing inside his empty room. He slowly sat up straight and stretched his numb arms, as his eyes traveled to his side, searching for Eunhyuk. But the blonde wasn’t at his side, strangely.

A soft groan escaped his lips as he lazily climbed off of the bed and staggered outside his room, scanning his surrounding with his sleepy eyes. No one was at home apparently, but where would Eunhyuk be? He wouldn’t just leave him without letting him know.

“Hyuk-ah,” Donghae called.

He then headed to the kitchen, but the blonde was still nowhere to be seen. He walked into the living room and stopped in front of the glass doors that looked over the yard, but still, there was no sign of Eunhyuk at all.

He could only assume the blonde might’ve went out with Leeteuk or Sungmin, but the fact that Eunhyuk left without telling him anything really made him feel annoyed. He let out another groan before finally giving up on looking for Eunhyuk, and went back into his room. He’d usually get a sweet kiss in the morning, but Eunhyuk wasn’t here, much to his frustration.

The silence inside the room left a feeling of emptiness in him all of a sudden, and he didn’t like it even a bit. He needed to see Eunhyuk right now. But just before he could reach his phone, he saw a familiar note book on the drawer beside the bed. Eunhyuk’s note book? Frowning, he reluctantly opened the book and flipped through a few pages, scanning the words written in there.

Falling in love is something inevitable. It is something that you can never avoid. That’s what I’ve learned, on the day I fell in love with you, Donghae. I was just a stranger who had nothing to do with you, but you still took care of me. For everything that you’ve done for my sake, I’m willing to do anything to repay you, even if it means risking my own happiness.

I just want to see your smile. I just need you to be happy. That will be enough for me. You don’t know how much I treasure you, Lee Donghae. You might not be my first love, but you’ll always be my last one, no one will be able to take your place in my heart. Not even Siwon. I have erased his existence in my life long ago. You’re the only one for me.

And it will never change, even in another 100 years.

With his shaking hands, Donghae placed the note book on the bed and grabbed his phone, dialing Leeteuk’s number in a hurry. He knew something was not right lately, and he was right. It was just like he had feared, Eunhyuk had finally remembered everything.

When did this happen? To think that he, of all people, couldn’t even realize what was happening to Eunhyuk, he really felt like punching his own face right now.

“Donghae?” Leeteuk finally answered the call after a few seconds, and Donghae couldn’t be more relieved to hear his voice.

“Hyung!”

“What is it? Do you need something?”

“Where are you?”

“I’m at the market. Why?”

“Is Hyuk with you?”

“No, of course not. I thought he’s still sleeping?”

“Damn it,” Donghae cursed under his breath and ended the call right away, without even bothering to explain to Leeteuk.

He’d probably get bombarded with tons of questions once the older was back, but he didn’t have time to think about that at the moment. He needed to know where Eunhyuk was as soon as possible. He hurriedly washed his face before getting dressed, preparing to search for Eunhyuk despite the cold weather outside.

He could never understand what the blonde had in his mind, but there was one thing he was certain of; that he needed to find him. He’d find him for sure, and bring him back home; to the place where he belonged to. He would definitely bring him back, not matter what’d happen.

“Don’t you ever do anything stupid, Hyuk-ah,” Donghae said to himself.

Even if he had regained his forgotten memories back, Eunhyuk was still as vulnerable as ever. There was nothing he could do by himself. Taking one wrong step would certainly put his life in danger, and he’d never want that to happen. It was painful enough to lose him once. He’d never allow such thing to happen again for the second time.

“Just stay where you are right now, I’ll definitely come and get you,” Donghae whispered.

He was just about to grab his jacket when suddenly his eyes landed on a piece of white paper, placed under the pillow. Knitting his eyebrows, he slightly bent down and took the paper, reading what was written on it.

If I’m not there beside you when you open your eyes, please forgive me.

“!” Donghae cursed loudly as he rushed out of his room.

______________________________

 

 

Heechul walked slowly along the corridor, sometimes glancing at his surrounding in curiosity. The officer who was in charge of guiding him didn’t say a single word ever since he came here, let alone giving him a smile. He didn’t really think coming to this prison was a good idea, but still, he wanted to see that person with his own eyes, even just for once.

When they finally arrived at an isolated visiting area, no one was around except from a very familiar face sitting at a table. There was nothing different in him, aside from his hair that was getting longer. He was calmly leaning back against the chair, with two guards standing behind him.

“Hangeng,” Heechul said as soon as he sat down across the latter. It was originally forbidden to see a dangerous prisoner like him at this kind of place, but using his ‘magnificent skills’ of bribing, he was finally able to get Hangeng out, even just for a little while.

“It’s been a long time,” Hangeng smirked, “You’re still as beautiful as ever.”

“I don’t need you to tell me, I know that better myself,” Heechul said, earning a chuckle from the latter.

“What brings you here, Kim Heechul? You’re not supposed to be in a place like this. Go home, go back to the place where you belong.”

“And where exactly do you belong to, Geng? I’ve been thinking about it for quite a long time, you know.”

“I don’t belong anywhere.”

“There’s always a place for every person in this world.”

“I had one,” Hangeng said, glancing at Heechul for a second

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter