A Moment To Remember

In Love With a Mobster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Are you sure about this?” Donghae asked for the nth time when he saw Jaejoong took out a syringe, getting ready to inject Eunhyuk with the antidote. The blonde was obviously scared of needles and they would be having a hard time later, he knew it.

“I’m offended, Donghae,” Jaejoong said, glaring at the latter, “I was a doctor before, in case you forgot.”

Donghae sighed. No matter how much he wanted to trust the older, Eunhyuk wouldn’t be easy for him to handle. And he was right. As soon as the blonde looked up and saw the syringe Jaejoong was holding, his eyes widened, his hands trembling in fear as he clutched on the pillow in his hands.

“H-hae?” Eunhyuk looked at Donghae, his voice shaking, “W-what is that?”

“It’s a medicine, Hyuk,” Donghae held the blonde’s hand, giving him a warm smile, “You have to take it if you want to walk normally again.”

“I…I don’t want to!”

“Hyuk…it’ll be alright. I’m here.”

“B-but it’s going to hurt!”

“Hyuk,” Donghae leaned forward and placed a kiss on the blonde’s forehead, trying to comfort him, “It’ll be over in a second. I’m right here beside you, don’t be scared.”

Eunhyuk who was already on the verge of tears just nodded his head reluctantly, and let Jaejoong took his left hand. He closed his eyes tightly when he felt the needle touching his skin, and in a second he was already crying and sobbing after the antidote had been successfully injected into his body. Jaejoong just smiled while shaking his head, amused seeing Donghae’s flustered face as he was trying to coax the blonde.

“Hae…it hurts a lot…” Eunhyuk said after he had finally began to calm down, showing Donghae his injected wrist, “Jaejoongie-hyung did it. He’s a bad guy.”

“I know,” Donghae took the blonde’s hand and rubbed it gently, “Jaejoong is a bad guy, I’ll scold him later, so don’t cry okay?” He said, pretending not to see Jaejoong’s wide eyes.

“R-really? You’ll scold him?”

Donghae nodded. He wrapped his arm around the blonde’s shoulder before pulling him closer, and Eunhyuk quickly snuggled into his chest, his hands clutching on his shirt. “Sleep, you’re still tired,” he said.

“Mm…” Eunhyuk mumbled before closing his eyes.

“I don’t know that you can be so romantic, young master Lee Donghae,” Jaejoong teased as he placed his syringe in his bag, “Love changes people, I guess?”

“Shut up.”

“Stop being so shy, it doesn’t suit you. I’m glad though, you finally have someone at your side. That’s a good thing.”

“Did that idiot Yunho say something to you?”

Jaejoong chuckled. “He said you have a cute boyfriend, and that you love him a lot. Not to mention you got into a childish fight with that Hyunjoong just because you’re jealous.”

“Don’t remind me, if I see him again I’m gonna kick his right away.”

“Instead of fighting with him over something stupid, I think you should find a way to stay safe, Donghae,” Jajeoong said, his face turned serious all of a sudden, “His real name is Hyukjae, Choi Siwon’s fiancé, am I wrong? The one who’s currently leading Chronos.”

Donghae’s face changed upon hearing what the latter had said, and his eyes darkened. He glanced at Eunhyuk who was already sleeping soundly in his arms, before switching his attention to Jaejoong again. “How did you know?”

“I have my own way. And the first thing I thought is you’re playing with fire. It’s dangerous,” Jaejoong stood up and grabbed his bag with his eyes fixed on Donghae, “If you really love him, then be prepared. I have a bad feeling about this.”

“I’m always prepared of what will happen in the future,” Donghae replied.

Jaejoong just looked at him for a moment, and then a small smile appeared on his lips. “Alright. We’ll help you, so be grateful. And by the way, he’ll be able to walk soon, maybe in two days, or maybe tomorrow, depends on his state. But make sure he has enough rest.”

“Thanks Jae,” Donghae said in a low voice, “I won’t forget this.”

Jaejoong smiled as he approached the latter and patted his shoulder. “What are you saying, idiot? We’re friends. I’ll be leaving now. Take care okay? See you soon.”

Donghae just nodded and watched the older walked to the door, waving his hand at him before stepping out. He then looked at Eunhyuk who was mumbling something he couldn’t hear, probably having a dream. Donghae smiled. He leaned down and pecked the blonde’s nose, while his hands brushing away a few strands of hair covering the blonde’s forehead. He must be tired, he thought. It was only 10 in the morning and he had to wake up because of Jaejoong, who came unexpectedly early. He was probably excited to see Eunhyuk, Donghae was sure of it. But he was glad though, that he still had people who would help him when he’d be in trouble.

“Ice cream…” Eunhyuk said all of a sudden, causing Donghae to chuckle.

He had no idea what the blonde was dreaming about, but he could never get enough of seeing his cuteness. Still smiling, he carefully lifted Eunhyuk up and carried him into the room, before placing him on the bed. Eunhyuk let out a whimper as he let go of his hand, but a smile appeared on his lips when Donghae lay down beside him and hugged him tightly.

“I hope you can walk again soon,” Donghae whispered in the blonde’s ear.

He was already planning to bring the blonde somewhere, a place that he was sure Eunhyuk would like it. It was his mother’s favorite place, and he wanted Eunhyuk to see it. And they would stay there all day long, playing around and having fun without anyone disturbing them. He wanted to spend more time with the blonde before his break would be over. He would be going back to college in two weeks and the thought of not seeing Eunhyuk for even just half a day scared him. He didn’t want to leave him even for a minute.

His smile widened when he remembered the confession he made yesterday. He couldn’t describe how happy he was when Eunhyuk accepted him, because he was afraid. He was afraid if the blonde would say no and leave him. He’d never want that to happen. He took Eunhyuk’s right hand, feeling happy when he saw the ring on his finger.

“Thanks for staying with me, Hyukkie,” he whispered. And don’t ever leave me, he added in his mind. He didn’t have a clue of what was going to happen, but he was prepared. He’d protect Eunhyuk even if he had to risk his own life, and he’d do anything to make him safe.

“Are you really prepared? Even if you’re going to lose him?”

Yunho’s words yesterday suddenly echoed in his mind, and Donghae’s smile immediately faded away. There was no way he’d let that happen. If Eunhyuk were to disappear from his life, he’d crumble down, and he could never imagine a life without the blonde.

“I’ll do anything to protect you,” he hugged the blonde tighter and closed his eyes, “I’ll protect you, so please, don’t leave me.”

Donghae wasn’t sure if he was imagining it or it was real, but just right before he drifted off to dreamland, he could hear Eunhyuk’s soft voice whispering, “I won’t.”

 

 

“So this is Choi Siwon’s mansion?” Kyuhyun whispered as they squatted down behind the trees, eyes fixed on the luxurious building in front of them.

Sungmin nodded. He was pretty sure Kangin and Leeteuk were in there. They had been searching for days and now he finally decided to come here, though he knew they were both unprepared for what would happen later. Seeing that the security was not as tight as usual, he could guess that Siwon was out. And this’d be a perfect chance for them. He could just hope that Kangin and Leeteuk would still be alive.

“So what do we do now?” Kyuhyun asked.

“We need to sneak in,” Sungmin said, slowly moving closer behind the trees without making any sound, “Try to find the blind spot when you see the CCTVs though, we might be seen. Move close to the walls.”

“I got that. But how do we find them?”

“They might be in a place that I don’t know about. So we need to search every room in that house.”

“Are you kidding me? That mansion is freaking huge.”

“We have no choice. Siwon is a cautious person, he doesn’t tell us too many secrets.”

“That kind of person is scary, you know,” Kyuhyun said, bending down immediately when they finally reached the mansion’s backyard. There were at least five guards there, all of them were holding rifles.

“I don’t really like to kill, but we have no choice,” Sungmin said and took out his gun, before covering the muzzle with a silencer. He didn’t want to be discovered too soon and everything needed to be done as ‘clean’ as possible. “Are you ready?”

Kyuhyun smirked. “I’m always ready.”

They both pointed the guns at the guards, silently counting ‘1, 2, 3’ before pulling the trigger a few times. All of the guards fell down in seconds, not even a sound came out from their mouths as the bullets pierced right through their hearts.

“I’m sorry but I had to do this. May God be with you all,” Sungmin said as they quietly ran towards the mansion, heading towards the kitchen door.

They stood outside the door for a second, hands gripping tight on their guns as they slowly turned the doorknob. It was unlocked, and Sungmin knew it. There had never been anyone from outside who dared to step their feet in this place and the security was getting loose. Or more like, Siwon purposely loosened it for some reason he didn’t know. Once they stepped in, they both pointed their guns at around them, looking out for any guard who would ambush them. But there was no one there. It was quiet, just like always.

Sungmin frowned. “It’s weird.”

“What is?” Kyuhyun asked, his eyes wandering around, afraid that they would be seen.

“There’s no one here. Don’t you think something is off?”

“Let’s walk out of this damn huge kitchen first.”

“Alright, we’ll go to the storage room. It has stairs that leads to the basement,” Sungmin explained.

They bent down and walked carefully towards the smaller area of the kitchen, and when they arrived in front of a slightly opened metal door, Sungmin stopped. Kyuhyun looked at the older, waiting for him to move but Sungmin just stood there, frowning.

“Min,” Kyuhyun patted the latter’s shoulder, “What’s wrong?”

“I think someone came inside before,” Sungmin whispere

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter