Love Is the Beauty of the Soul

In Love With a Mobster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

As soon as Donghae arrived at his college, he could see Heechul and Minho were already standing in front of his locker, smirking. He knew exactly what kind of questions they were going to ask and especially Heechul, that guy wouldn’t leave him alone until he got his answer. He walked casually towards them, ignoring the mocking smirk on Heechul’s lips.

“Hiding someone as cute as that boy,” Heechul started, “You’re really something, Lee Donghae.”

“Why didn’t you tell us?” Minho asked.

“Why do I have to?”

Heechul burst into laughter, finding it funny for some reason. “Don’t worry fishy, I’ll support you. I’m a professional love consultant after all. Who thought our almighty Master Lee Donghae will turn into a romantic prince?”

Minho laughed, but when Donghae shot him a glare, he quickly cleared his throat and stopped laughing.

“He’s cute, who is he?” Heechul who was still in the middle of his ‘interview’ asked with a wide grin on his face, unable to hide his amusement. Lee Donghae had never cared for other people, and yet, he was taking care of a boy he barely knew. Heechul knew there must be something special about the blonde.

“He’s a friend,” Donghae answered half-heartedly and immediately walked away after taking his book from the locker. But the persistent Heechul and Minho followed him closely from behind, of course.

“Come on hyung,” Minho patted Donghae’s shoulder, “You don’t have to be so secretive. It’s not like we’re going to steal him away.”

Heechul started to crack up upon hearing Minho’s statement which he found so hilarious. Donghae just rolled his eyes and headed to his class, leaving the laughing two behind. He swore he’d kill those two later.

___________________________________________

 

 

“I don’t want!!!”

Eunhyuk’s high pitched voice echoed throughout the apartment. Donghae grabbed the latter’s arm, trying hard to control his increasing temper. He was in an ‘attempt’ to push Eunhyuk into the bathroom. He didn’t have a clue why the blonde hated to bathe so much but there was no way they could go out without taking a bath! He dragged Eunhyuk inside the bathroom again, with the blonde struggling, trying to escape.

“I don’t want! I don’t want!” Eunhyuk yelled again.

“Shut up!” Donghae raised his voice, losing patience. “You’ll get dirty if you don’t bathe, you idiot!”

“But it’s cold!”

“We have something called heater, .” Donghae pushed the blonde inside the already prepared bathtub. He pulled the towel covering the blonde’s body away, and he could see how thin he was. Just like an achovy.

“Donghae is a meanie,” Eunhyuk pouted, “I don’t like Donghae anymore.”

“Whatever. Now, you already know which one is the shower foam and which one is shampoo. Don’t forget to scrub your back too.”

“I don’t want to.” Eunhyuk stuck out his tongue, looking away.

Donghae sighed. This boy is totally hopeless, he thought. When he saw the blonde started to shiver, he ran the hot tap, letting it warmed the cold water. He really felt like raising a little kid – when actually he hated kids – but to bring Eunhyuk out without him taking a bath was the thing he’d never do.

“Donghae, I don’t want to bathe,” Eunhyuk whined again.

“Do you wanna go out?”

As soon as he heard that, Eunhyuk’s face brightened. “We’re going out?”

“Yeah, if you behave I’ll bring you to a nice place.”

“Really?” Eunhyuk grinned. “Okay. I’ll be good.”

“That’s it. Now do exactly what I told you. Come out when you’re done.” Donghae was quite relieved when Eunhyuk obeyed him, pouring the shower gel into his hand and started to scrub his body.

He then stepped out of the bathroom and closed the door, making sure not to close it completely since Eunhyuk would freak out if he’d be left alone in the bathroom. He opened his closet, wondering what kind of outfit would suit Eunhyuk. The latter didn’t have many clothes with him so he was thinking of buying new clothes later. He took out a white short-sleeved hoodie and a black three quarter pants, throwing it onto the bed.

“Donghae! I’m done!” Eunhyuk called from the bathroom.

His giggling could be heard – probably playing with water – and he kept mumbling something about ‘strawberry.’ Donghae sighed. I might as well look after a baby…he thought, walking into the bathroom and sighed again for the 10th time when he saw the shower foam was already spilled on the floor.

______________________________________

 

 

Eunhyuk’s jaw dropped in amazement when they arrived at the shopping mall, looking around with wide eyes as people streamed past him. He never knew there’d be so many people here. He followed Donghae closely from behind, thinking that he could get lost if he wasn’t careful. He had no sense of direction after all. But somehow, he felt like he had been here before, though he couldn’t remember when.

“What do you wanna eat?” Donghae asked as they walked past a beauty shop. A tall girl in front of the shop gave him a friendly smile – more like a seducing smile actually – but he wasn’t interested.

Eunhyuk noticed the way the girl looked at Donghae, and for some reason, he felt uncomfortable although he wasn’t sure why. “She likes you, Donghae,” he said, crossing his hands over his chest.

Donghae frowned as he looked at the blonde. “Who?”

“The girl at the shop, she was staring at you.”

Donghae blinked his eyes, trying to grasp the meaning behing those words. But when he noticed Eunhyuk’s lips formed a pout, his lips slowly curved into a smirk. He just realized it now. “Are you jealous?”

“W-what?!”

“You’re jealous, aren’t you?”

“I’m not jealous!”

“You are. Your face is red.”

“I’m not!”

“Just admit it.”

“I said I’m not! Pabo Donghae!” Without even knowing what annoyed him, he started to walk faster, leaving the dumbfounded Donghae behind. Pabo Donghae, why is he saying that? I’m…I’m not jealous. Please. He thought to himself, while cursing Donghae in his mind. After walking for a while, he stopped, realizing that Donghae was not with him and he was in the middle of the crowd. He glanced around, starting to panic.

“D-donghae?” He tried searching for Donghae, calling his name countless times but he knew there was no way he could find Donghae in a crowded place like this.

It was his fault after all for leaving him. Donghae must be so angry, he thought, already starting to tear up. He was in a foreign place, with no one he knew. How he hated being alone. He was about to give up when suddenly he felt a hand on his shoulder, pulling him close. When he looked up, it was Donghae, giving him a worried look.

“D-donghae…”

“Are you okay?” Donghae asked in a soft voice.

Eunhyuk nodded.

“Next time, don’t ever leave my side. Understand?”

“Okay…”

Donghae smiled. “Now let’s eat first,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter