Love Is Blind

In Love With a Mobster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

************************************************

2 YEARS AGO

Today was a big day. They were having a big party tonight to celebrate Siwon’s success in managing his father’s company despite his young age, expanding the business with no failure. It sounded ridiculous but Siwon made it, and Hyukjae was happy despite the fight they had before, but now he was happy for his fiancé who proved that he wasn’t just a mere businessman. Siwon brought him to the cinema yesterday, in order to make it up for him and the times when he left Hyukjae alone. They went shopping together, and even went to take a look at a wedding boutique. They returned back to their normal life as a happy couple once again and it made Hyukjae so glad.

“Congratulation, my sweetheart,” Hyukjae smiled as he pecked Siwon’s cheek.

Siwon chuckled. “You said that to me like 100 times already, baby.”

“But I want to. I’m so proud of you.”

“I’m proud to have you too, my beautiful Hyukjae.”

Hyukjae laughed. He hit Siwon’s chest playfully while the latter pulled him into a hug. “Cheesy.”

Siwon was about to kiss the blonde, when suddenly Kangin came approaching them.

“Master, it’s time. All the guests have arrived.” Kangin said politely, giving a thin smile as his eyes met Hyukjae’s.

Siwon took a deep breath and fixed his suit, before taking Hyukjae’s hand into his and they walked down the stairs, heading to the living room where the guests were waiting. As soon as they arrived with hundreds pairs of eyes on them, Hyukjae’s smile slowly vanished when he looked at Siwon. His face changed, no more smile and Hyukjae could only see evil in his eyes when Siwon greeted the guests, and he started to realize, Siwon had changed, though he could only see a glimpse of it.

***********************************************

 

 

As he was listening to his lecturer babbling at the front, Donghae kept glancing at his watch, wishing for the time to move faster. He couldn’t stop worrying about Eunhyuk who was alone at home, not to mention the fight they had last night. He even asked his neighbor for a help – when actually he never talked to them – to look after Eunhyuk if they had time. They agreed though, making him relieved a little. And finally, it was lunch time which meant his class had ended. He didn’t even waste a single second and stood up, grabbing his bag.

“Whoa, you’re fast.” His classmate, Chansung said, laughing as he tapped Donghae’s shoulder. “Going somewhere?”

“Yeah,” Donghae replied half-heartedly and walked away, leaving his classroom. He rushed to his locker, putting in his books hastily, when suddenly he heard footsteps coming closer to him, stopping right beside him. He slowly turned to his side, and he wasn’t shocked to see Son Eunseo standing there, smiling.

“Hello, handsome.”

Donghae gritted his teeth, restraining his anger. He grabbed her by the arm and dragged her to a less crowded area when he noticed people were staring at them. A model-like girl was visiting mobster Lee Donghae in college? That’d be the headlines for college news, he was sure of it. “What the hell are you doing here?” He asked her harshly.

“I’m here to see you, of course.” Eunseo placed her hand on Donghae’s chest, and then traced it down his abs slowly, before Donghae slapped her hand away.

“I told you, don’t find me again.”

“You’re the one who came searching for me at the mall yesterday, darling.”

“Don’t you get it?” Donghae raised his voice, anger slowly took over him. “I’ve never liked you. I was just having fun at that time. I could never like a like you!”

“Why?” Eunseo bit his lip, frustrated. “Is it because of the boy who’s living with you?”

Donghae flinched. He pushed her harshly, pinning her against the wall. “How do you know?”

“So you do like him,” Eunseo said, scoffing, “You’re really something, Lee Donghae. You had with me while we were in California, and you left me just like that? I’m not gonna let you go for the second time, Lee Donghae.”

Donghae tightened his grips on the girl’s shoulders, making her winced in pain. “Who told you?”

“You don’t have to know.”

“Tell me!”

Eunseo gulped as their eyes met, realizing Lee Donghae was in fire right now. His eyes darkened, and she knew it was a bad idea to pick a fight with angry Donghae. Donghae would never hesitate to kill her, she knew it. “Y-your grandmother.”

Donghae’s eyes widened. “That old is here?” He clenched his fists, glaring at Eunseo who quickly turned away, avoiding his eyes. He snorted as he released the girl and walked away, leaving Eunseo behind, who was watching him left in frustration.

 

 

As soon as he entered his apartment, Donghae could see Eunhyuk sitting on the couch, still watching television while eating cookies. His face looked sad, and it hurt Donghae, more than he thought. To think that he’d fall for someone so deep, Donghae could just smiled bitterly. He approached Eunhyuk and sat beside the blonde but as he had expected, he was ignored. It was killing him. He didn’t care if Eunhyuk wanted to hit him, he’d accept it gladly but being ignored like this really made him feel like dying.

“Hyukkie,” Donghae spoke, “I bought you strawberry milk.”

Eunhyuk twitched at the mention of his beloved strawberry milk, but he still refused to look at Donghae.

Donghae sighed. “Hyuk, I know why you’re angry. You saw that girl didn’t you? So please, let me explain Hyukkie.”

There was no answer at first, silence filled the atmosphere but not long before Donghae heard something that made his eyes widened. Eunhyuk was crying. He pulled the blonde, trying to take a look at his face and he was right, Eunhyuk’s cheeks were wet with tears. The blonde just looked down, sniffing while tears kept flowing down his face.

“H-hyuk…” Donghae cupped the latter’s face. “Please, don’t cry! That girl is not-“

“I…” Eunhyuk looked up, staring at Donghae, “Hae…I hate you…”

Donghae swallowed. Hate? “Hyuk…”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter