Live For Today, Hope For Tomorrow

In Love With a Mobster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

********************************************

Hyukjae walked along the pathway in the garden, admiring the beautiful landscape he had been wishing to see. It took a lot of efforts to convince his fiancé that a garden like this would be a great resting place. After he was done looking around, he returned back to the mansion with a satisfied expression on his face. When he walked into the house, no one was around, unlike the other days.

He climbed up the stairs built at the center of the mansion, skipping happily before stopping in front of Siwon’s room. He giggled when an idea popped up in his head. He knew Siwon must be working again. He slowly tiptoed in, trying not to make any sound. But when he saw his fiancé was talking to someone, he stopped.

Before he could think of anything, Siwon took out a gun and pointed it directly at the man in front of him. Eunhyuk widened his eyes, feeling his stomach physically dropped. Everything narrowed, what’s more when he recognized the man, his friend - Junsu’s father. He wanted to scream when Siwon pulled the trigger, when the bullet pierced through the man’s head, but he couldn’t. He wanted to stop it, but he couldn’t move. He could only burst into tears, watching his own fiancé killed his friend’s father.

*******************************************

 

 

As soon as he opened his eyes, Eunhyuk could see Donghae’s calm face with his eyes still closed. He smiled. This was the first time he got to see Donghae’s sleeping face, which he felt so calming and peaceful, a total opposite of his usual expression. Well, there was a saying; if you want to know a person’s true face, look at him when he sleeps.

Eunhyuk carefully moved closer to Donghae, taking the chance to study the angelic face in front of his eyes. He looked at the brown, soft hair, slightly touching it before moving down to the eyes and the sharp nose. Then he stared at the slightly parted thin lips.

He wondered why he never realized Donghae’s perfect feature before, though he was more curious on why Donghae had no one when he was this handsome. When he moved his gaze to Donghae’s body, his eyes went wide seeing the latter was shirtless, revealing his toned muscles and chocolate abs.

Woah…Donghae has a good body too! Eunhyuk thought. But then he shook his head, hitting it a few times. What am I thinking???

“What are you doing?”

Eunhyuk gasped. He looked at the now awake Donghae, who had his eyes fixed on him. “Nothing!” Eunhyuk who was too surprised backed away, but luck wasn’t on his side when his sudden movement caused him to fall off of the bed. “Ouch!” Eunhyuk hissed in pain when his butts landed on the cold floor.

“What the hell are you doing now?” Donghae asked again, shaking his head as he got up and moved towards the blonde. He grabbed Eunhyuk’s hand, helping him to stand. As he realized the blush on Eunhyuk’s cheeks, he smirked. “Were you staring at me while I was sleeping?”

“What?! W-when did I?” Eunhyuk tried to sound firm but ended up stuttering. He looked down at his own feet, cursing Donghae in his mind.

“I know you can’t deny how handsome I am. It can’t be helped, though.” Donghae said jokingly. He just loved seeing the blonde blushing, and he now had developed a new habit; teasing Eunhyuk. He went into the bathroom while chuckling, leaving Eunhyuk who was now mumbling to himself, cursing and cursing again.

 

 

“Where are you going Donghae?” Eunhyuk asked when he saw Donghae was already dressed up in shirt and black jeans, getting ready to leave.

He pouted when Donghae didn’t answer, completely ignoring him. He didn’t like it whenever Donghae went out. He hated to be alone after all. But he never stopped the latter from going out, afraid he might get scolded. He just watched as Donghae was searching for something in a weird box at the corner of his room. When he peeked, he saw a lot of packets filled with white powder, but of course, he had no single idea on what those things are. Then he saw Donghae closed the metal box, before pulling out a key from it.

Eunhyuk frowned. “Donghae, what is that box? It looks weird.”

Again, he was ignored. He followed Donghae out of the room, still waiting for an answer. But it seemed like Donghae had no intention of answering him at all.

“I’m going out.” Finally, Donghae opened his mouth as he took out his sneakers from the shoe rack.

Eunhyuk felt relieved. He was scared, thinking Donghae didn’t wanna talk to him. “Wait, Donghae,” he rushed to the kitchen and returned a second later, with a plate of sandwiches in his hands. “You have to eat first.”

Donghae looked at the blonde, knitting his eyebrows as he asked, “You made these?”

“Of course, I watched the chef in the TV made sandwiches.”

I have to thank the TV then… Donghae wanted to hurry, but seeing Eunhyuk’s smile, he suddenly couldn’t push him away, so he took the sandwich.

“When are you coming back, Donghae?”

Donghae shrugged. “I'm not sure. I might be late, so just stay here.”

“Why can’t I go with you?”

“You CAN’T, that’s the reason.”

“But you said you’ll help me find the guy in the photo.” Eunhyuk’s face saddened.

“I AM helping you. Of course it will take a long time to find that guy, you .”

“Really?!” Eunhyuk’s gummy smile returned again. “Then why are you not letting me come too?”

“I’m going to somewhere else too! So you can’t! Stop wasting my time.”

“Why can’t I go to that ‘somewhere else’ too?”

Donghae groaned, slowly losing his patience. “That’s because you’re annoying! Now get back inside!” He stepped out, wearing his shoes hurriedly and slammed the door, leaving the confounded Eunhyuk.

Eunhyuk had no clue why Donghae shouted at him when they were in good terms lately. He lazily walked to the living room and slumped onto the couch. Does Donghae hate me now? He doesn’t want to help me anymore? The thought of Donghae hating him really made him restless. He liked Donghae. He didn’t want Donghae to hate him. I will apologize to Donghae when he comes back, he thought as he switched on the TV, watching cooking shows again to find another recipe he could make for Donghae.

______________________________________________

 

 

Donghae walked into a high class restaurant, glancing here and there. It was packed with customers as always. And as usual, a few female customers would glance at him when he walked past them but he couldn’t care less. He made his way to the back of the counter, entering a room with NO ENTRY written on its door and was welcomed by an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter