Hard to Find, Lucky to Have

In Love With a Mobster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

**********************************************

A YEAR AGO

“What are you doing?”

Hyukjae looked up in surprise as he heard Siwon’s stern voice, and the mug in his hand fell to the floor, breaking to pieces. He glanced at Kibum in front of him who was kind enough to let him walked around the yard, enjoying the fresh air. Kibum was one of the guards, though he was a bit different; he had a very pure heart. He motioned for the boy to run away but Kibum sat still, shaking his head with fear in his eyes. They both didn’t expect Siwon would come back this early.

“Lee Hyukjae, why did you come out? Get back here,” Siwon spoke once again, getting angrier when he was ignored.

Before Hyukjae could do anything, Siwon grabbed his hand and dragged him inside by force, heading to his room. Hyukjae knew what was coming, angry Siwon was the thing that everyone feared the most and he had angered him on the worst day ever. The day Siwon lost her mother. As soon as they were inside the room, Siwon pushed him to the bed harshly.

“What did you do with that man?” Siwon asked, glaring at the blonde. He tightened his grips on Hyukjae’s shoulders, making the blonde winced in pain. “Are you cheating on me?”

“I’m not!”

“Don’t lie to me. You were so happy talking to him just now. I’m gonna kill him later.”

Hyukjae stared at the man in disbelief, utterly shocked. “D-don’t! Siwon, p-please, he was just helping me. He-“

PANG!

Siwon’s hand reached Hyukjae’s pale cheek, and the blonde stumbled back, falling on the floor. Hyukjae burst into tears as he felt the pain on his cheek started to throb. He wanted to get up, but Siwon yanked his arm, forcing him to stand and dragged him to the bed.

“S-siwon…p-please…don’t kill him…”

Once again, Siwon slapped him so hard that he felt like he was going to faint at any time now.

“Don’t even think of going out.” Siwon said before walking out of the room, slamming the door behind him, leaving the crying Hyukjae behind.

*************************************************

 

 

All of them stood around the bed, watching Eunhyuk who was still sleeping soundly, sometimes twitching for no reason. The doctor was still checking him, frowning all the time and sometimes would glance at the five men in front of him, wondering what had happened to them. One had a bandage on his arm, the next one on his head, beside him, the guy had plasters all over his face and the other one…looked normal but he could see a glimpse of a white bandage wrapping his shoulder. What a weird family, the doctor thought.

“So doctor,” Leeteuk spoke and walked closer, worry was written all over his face. “What is wrong with him?”

“Hmm…I see that he suffered amnesia, am I right?”

They all nodded at the same time, getting even more nervous of what the doctor was going to say.

“But the wound has healed. And it’ll take time to recover his memories. This could be the side effect from the impact of the wound.”

“Is he okay now?” Donghae asked, staring at Eunhyuk’s calm face. How he felt like holding the latter tightly in his arms, but he knew Leeteuk would never hesitate to throw him out of the window if he’d do that in front of them. 

“Yes. But…” The doctor furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at them, “I think I need to say something. And it’s very serious.”

Donghae gulped nervously, waiting for the doctor to continue. He exchanged glances with Leeteuk beside him, and then turned towards Kangin, Kyuhyun and Sungmin. They all looked worried but whatever it was, they would accept it and face it together.

“He…” the doctor began, “I just said that this is the side effect of the wound, yes, but the main reason that caused him to faint is…because he hasn’t defecated for weeks.”

…………………*silence*………………….

“WHAT?!”

 

 

Donghae took a slice of pizza into his mouth, smiling widely – trying to hold back his laughter actually – remembering what happened at the hospital earlier. He glanced over at Eunhyuk who was still sulking ever since they came back, since he was forced to drink more water, and he wouldn’t get his strawberry milk if he refused to listen. He had his arms crossed over his chest and a frown on his face, staring – or rather, glaring at the television. Donghae wrapped his arm around the blonde’s shoulder but Eunhyuk pried his hands off and scooted away, pouting and mumbling about something he couldn’t understand. Donghae chuckled as he moved even closer, pulling the blonde close to him.

“You’re not eating?” Donghae asked.

Eunhyuk shook his head and quickly looked away.

“Hyukkie…don’t be mad at me please. This is for your own good. Why didn’t you…tell me?”

“It’s not my fault!” Eunhyuk protested, still pouting, “It refused to come out, and I couldn’t do anything. It’s not my fault.”

How he wanted to laugh at the statement, but Donghae just held it in, or else Eunhyuk would be angrier and worse, he would ignore him the whole day. He pulled Eunhyuk into a hug, his back gently and when he felt Eunhyuk relaxed in his embrace, Donghae smiled. “Hyuk, you have to…emm…defecate. Or else you’ll get sick. Listen to me, okay?”

“But I want strawberry milk!”

“No. You have to drink water every day.”

“Hae is a meanie! I don’t want to talk to you anymore!”

With that, Eunhyuk left, stomping his feet to the bedroom while Donghae just chuckled as he followed the blonde. Eunhyuk was too cute when he was angry, and he couldn’t help but to tease the latter. He lay down beside Eunhyuk who was already on the bed, mumbling ‘Hae is a meanie’ a few times before closing his eyes.

“Hyukkie.”

He heard Donghae’s voice beside him. He pouted again and turned around, back facing the latter.

“Hyukkie, come closer, I want to hug you.”

“Don’t want to.”

“Hyukkie…”

“Hae is a meanie. I don’t want-“ Eunhyuk widened his eyes when he felt he was pulled, and the next thing he knew he was on top of Donghae, and they were staring into each other’s eyes. He wanted to move away, but Donghae held him tighter, preventing him from doing so.

“Don’t do that again, Hyukkie. You already killed me when you fainted, I was so worried.”

Eunhyuk’s face softened as he saw the concerned look in Donghae’s eyes and he placed his head on Donghae’s chest, inhaling his manly scent. “I’m sorry.”

“If you’re in pain, just tell me, alright?”

“Alright.”

Donghae smiled as he kissed the blonde’s head. “That’s my baby.”

“Hae…”

“Hmm?”

“Sorry…we couldn’t meet your mom today.”

“It’s okay, there’s always next time. But I have another plan. We’re going out.”

“Where to?”

“It’s a surprise.”

“Tell me!”

“Don’t want t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter