Vengeance of the Devil, Memories of the Angel

In Love With a Mobster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

******************************************

5 DAYS AGO

He slowly opened his eyes, trying hard to fight back the unbearable pain in his head. He looked around him, scanning the unfamiliar surrounding anxiously. When he realized he was on a bed, he sat up, making the pain throbbing even more.

“Where am I?” He whispered to himself.

He assumed he was in a house, and abandoned one, with broken furniture all over the place. What happened? He started to tremble as he realized he couldn’t remember anything, not even his name. He was about to get up when he noticed a black backpack beside him, with a white paper on it. With shaking hands, he took the paper and read the content carefully. There was a photo attached together with the paper; a photo of him and a man he didn’t know – they were both smiling widely – but he knew that man must be related to him.

 

Hyukkie,

I’m so sorry for leaving you alone like this. I hate doing this, but I want to save you. I want to save you so badly. I know you can’t remember anything. It’s because of that injury. So please, remember what I’m going to tell you.

Your name is EUNHYUK. LEE EUNHYUK. And never trust anyone. And don’t be scared! Please don’t! You’re a brave kid. I’ll be watching you, and I’ll come to get you once I finished settling everything. I’ve prepared your clothes, food, and money. Please be safe! And lastly, forgive this useless hyung of yours, Hyukkie.

-SM-

 

“Eunhyuk…” He muttered. “My name is Eunhyuk…”

*********************************************

 

 

He glanced at his watch, getting impatient as time passed by. It was already 8.20 pm, but the one he had been waiting for still hasn't arrived. Donghae grabbed a box of Winston on the car dashboard and took out a stick of cigarette. But when he realized he didn’t have a lighter, he cursed, throwing the cigarette away.

A second later, a white BMW pulled up beside him and stopped right in front of his car before turning off the engine. For a moment, they both sat still and looked at each other, or rather, glaring intensely, before slowly coming out of their cars.

“Cho Kyuhyun, you’re late, ,” Donghae started off with his cursing as they were facing each other.

Kyuhyun chuckled. “Sorry, I had to run an errand. It took me longer than I expected.”

“What’s the important thing you wanna talk about?”

“About that,” Kyuhyun leaned against the wall of the abandoned building behind him, “They might’ve found out about us.”

Donghae stayed calm as he crossed his arms over his chest. “Found out?” he asked, acting clueless.

“That we’re working for Lee Soo Man.”

“We’re not working for that old geezer. We’re waiting for the right time to throw him off the throne.”

“I know. But other illegal drug trading companies might see us as a threat.”

Donghae sneered. “Are they scared of us?”

“Not sure. But Lee Soo Man is one of the powerful leaders of underground society. And while we’re just selling drugs, they find it suspicious that he favors us so much.”

“That’s because he wanted dad’s money.”

Kyuhyun shook his head. “We might be fine since we’re in favor with other drug trading groups, but we’re digging our own graves at the same time. Right now they only see us as a mere drug seller. The only ones who know about us are Lee Soo Man and a few leaders below him. If the rival groups find out, they might think we’re Soo Man’s spies.”

“But we’re not. If you’re scared, then don’t do it. But I’ll never stop.” Donghae glared at the latter.

Kyuhyun sighed. He knew Donghae too well. They were step brothers after all. “I know why you’re so eager to do this. Because of grandma, since she’s in business partnership with Lee Soo Man. You want to throw her down too. ”

“That’s not the only reason.”

Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes, waiting for his step brother to continue.

“She killed my mother.”

Kyuhyun gasped. He never knew it’d be this serious.

“Oh, wait,” ignoring the gloomy atmosphere, Donghae took something out from his pocket – a photo, Eunhyuk’s photo, and handed it to Kyuhyun. “Can you find that guy for me? Not the blonde one, the one next to him, the brunette guy.”

Kyuhyun frowned. “Who are they?”

“Aish, just help me out, will you?”

“Sure, but it might take a long time, just so you know. But, hmm...this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter