Love Is A Hole In the Heart

In Love With a Mobster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

********************************************

A YEAR AGO

The storm was coming. Hyukjae leaned his back against the headboard, trembling hard while hugging his knees close to his chest when the rain started to pour. He never liked the storm, and to top it off he was locked in this huge room, in a mansion located on a hill, isolated from other houses. In short, he could say he was alone. Before, Siwon would always stay with him during the storm and hugged him tightly, soothing him with sweet words and would never, ever leave him alone like this. But that Siwon was no longer here. He changed too much to the extent that even Hyukjae couldn’t recognize him anymore. Whenever Siwon would come close to him now, he’d feel scared. Siwon was different.

Hyukjae flinched when he heard footsteps slowly approaching his room, knowing exactly it was Siwon. His tears rolled down his cheeks when the door opened, revealing angry Siwon who was glaring at him like a predator aiming for his prey. Hyukjae knew the reason. His best friend, Junsu came this morning to see him for the last time before moving away, but Siwon was at home. And Junsu didn’t even wait to punch him in the face, cursing him for hurting his best friend. And he knew Siwon had ordered his men to beat Junsu to a pulp before kicking him out of the house. He was grateful enough that Siwon didn’t kill Junsu.

“Don’t look at me like that,” Siwon started, leaning closer and slapped the blonde’s face a few times, “You know it’s your fault.”

Hyukjae shook his head in tears, his head was spinning but before he could say anything, Siwon pinned him down to the bed, and biting his neck like a hungry beast. Hyukjae was too weak to shove him away and so, he just stayed in silence, letting his tears fell down.

“Hyuk,” Siwon whispered, “Don’t leave me. Don’t even think of running away. You’re mine, always mine.”

*********************************************

 

 

“Hae!” Eunhyuk called for the third time, swinging his legs as he sat on a bench while munching on the snacks Donghae bought for him earlier. “When are we going to see the sunlight?”

“It’s sunset, Hyuk. We have to wait till nightfall to see it.” Donghae replied, his eyes locked on his phone. There were 5 missed calls and two messages, from Son Eunseo. He was sure he made it clear that he didn’t want any connection with that woman, though he knew Son Eunseo wasn’t someone who’d back down easily. How he felt like strangling her to death, but that would be a foolish thing to do, he knew it.

“Why? Why? Why?” Eunhyuk whined, “I want to see it now!”

Donghae rolled his eyes, ignoring the blonde’s continuous whining as he took out a stick of cigarette and a lighter from his pocket. He tucked the cigarette between his lips, and he was about to light it up when he realized Eunhyuk was staring at him with wide eyes, followed by the awkward silence.

Then Eunhyuk opened his mouth, knitting his eyebrows, “Hae…the doctor said a pipe is not good for your health.”

“- what?” Donghae frowned as he took out the cigarette out of his mouth. “You mean smoking?”

“Yes, that thing,” Eunhyuk pointed at the cig the latter was holding, “I don’t like it. Throw it away, Hae. You’ll die if you eat that.”

“It’s called smoking, Hyukkie,” Donghae said. He wanted to continue with his ‘smoking session’ but was interrupted when Eunhyuk’s shrill voice reached his poor eardrums.

“Hae!” Eunhyuk stood up, hands on hips as he glared at the latter. “Don’t be a bad kid! That thing is not good for you!”

“Come on, Hyukkie. It’s not like-“

“Fine, I don’t want to talk to you.” With that, Eunhyuk turned around and walked away, leaving the bewildered Donghae behind.

It took a few seconds for Donghae to realize that Eunhyuk had already left him, and he hastily followed the blonde at the speed of light without even minding the stares people were giving him. As soon as he had reached the blonde, he grabbed Eunhyuk’s arm, making the blonde jumped a little, startled by the sudden action. His lips spontaneously formed a pout when he saw Donghae in front of him, but as much as he was afraid to think Eunhyuk was angry, Donghae couldn’t help but to laugh. Eunhyuk was too cute when he was mad. Oh, how he loved to see that cute pout.

“You’re laughing at me again,” Eunhyuk said as he crossed his arms over his chest, still pouting without him realizing.

Donghae chuckled. “Okay, I’m sorry. I won’t do it again. I threw that cigarette away.”

“Really?”

“You don’t believe me?”

“Promise me you won’t do it again.” Eunhyuk hold his pinky finger out, while Donghae stared at him in disbelief.

Seriously? Donghae thought. He’s gonna make me do that childish thing? But his thought soon disappeared when Eunhyuk flashed his sweetest gummy smile – shooting a Cupid’s arrow right into his heart – and he melted right away, unconsciously linking his pinky finger with the blonde’s. Those beautiful, mesmerizing eyes made him lost his sanity, throwing away his ego without hesitating as he embraced the blonde, holding him close like he was the most valuable jewel he had found.

He wanted this moment to last forever. He wanted to hold Eunhyuk in his arms for the rest of his life. But no matter how many times he prayed, he knew his wish would never be granted and the time when Eunhyuk would disappear from his life would come, eventually. He was afraid, too afraid to think of what would happen in the future. He’d never want to lose Eunhyuk, but should the blonde wish to leave him, he’d let him go despite the pain he’d feel in his heart.

“Hae?” Eunhyuk called.

“Hmm?”

“Are you alright?”

Donghae bit his lower lip, tightening his hold around the latter’s slim waist.

“Are you hurt, Hae?”

Why is it that you can always see right through me? Donghae thought in his mind. Why, Eunhyuk?

“Hae…”

“Hmm…”

“Saranghae.”

Upon hearing that magic word coming from the blonde’s mouth, his anxiety immediately fade away, leaving him in a state of bliss. Eunhyuk never failed to make him fell even more. He tilted his head slightly and pecked the blonde’s cheek before slowly brushing his lips along the defined jawline.

“Hae.”

“What now?”

“I…I f-feel like I need to p-poop.”

Groaning in frustration, Donghae reluctantly let go of the blonde – cursing Eunhyuk’s perfect timing continuously in his mind – and took the blonde’s small hand into his, intertwining their fingers as they headed to a restaurant near the beach. It was crowded, not to mention the simmering environment that he hated so much but he couldn’t care less at that moment. Eunhyuk had been going through some difficulties to defecate – which he could guess it happened because of his strong dislike for vegetables and lack of water since he was too addicted with his strawberry milk. What a troublesome kid I was raising, he thought. As soon as they arrived in front of the restroom, he quickly pulled the blonde in, closing the door tightly.

“Get into the cubicle,” Donghae instructed.

Eunhyuk did as the latter told him, but when he was about to close the door, he stopped. “Hae…” He looked at Donghae pleadingly. “C-can’t you come inside too?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter