All That Glitters Is Not Gold

In Love With a Mobster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Blood. He could smell blood everywhere, the blood staining his hands, the blood on the floor; he had known this smell ever since he was young. He no longer felt disturbed. Jin sneered as he walked into a room and saw Lee Misook who was sitting at her desk while reading something. Realizing his presence, Lee Misook looked up, staring blankly at the man with no sign of shock on her face, as if she had seen this coming. And it pissed him off. He wanted to see that woman shaking in fear, begging him to spare her live. But she was calmer than he thought.

“Aren’t you surprised to see me?” Jin asked as he stopped in front of the desk.

Lee Misook sighed. “No, not at all.”

“Do you want to know what happened to all the guards and maids in this mansion?” Jin took out his gun and wiped it with his fingers, “I killed them all. If I have more time, I would love to cut their heads off one by one.”

“The moment you stepped in here, the cops were already on their way to my house,” Lee Misook said.

Jin laughed. “So? Do you think I care? I came to kill you, I don’t care if I get killed.”

“You’re a loser.”

Jin stopped laughing, and in a flash he grabbed Lee Misook’s neck harshly, forcing her to stand. “And you’re a who has no place in this world anymore, Lee Misook.” He tightened his grip around her neck, causing her to struggle in pain.

“Y-you’ll regret t-this….” Lee Misook managed to say, though she knew there was no use of talking to this man.

Jin raised his hand and pointed his gun to her head, smiling in victory when he saw her face in pain, and then he pulled the trigger with no hesitation. Blood spurted out from Lee Misook’s head, staining the white, clean floor. Jin let go of her neck and she fell on the floor, unmoving.

At that moment, he could hear the sound of sirens, indicating that the cops had already arrived there and he knew there was no way out of here anymore. He wasn’t planning on running away after all. He had finally made up his mind to leave this world and joined his parents in the other world, leaving everything behind. There was nothing that he wanted to remember in this world, he never had a good life before. And dying would be the only way to escape from this painful life he had been leading all this while.

“Freeze! Don’t move!”

He turned around as he heard a voice, and a group of cops came into the room, surrounding him with their guns pointed at him. No, he didn’t want to be locked up in jail, he just wanted to die.

“Don’t move!” One of the cops screamed. “Put your hands up!”

I want to die. I want to leave this world.

Jin held his gun tightly and pointed it towards the cops, shocking all of them. With a smile on his face, Jin pulled the trigger repeatedly, sending down a few cops and then he could feel bullets piercing through his body when the cops shot back. He could feel blood flowing out of his body. He felt numb and pain. And before he even realized, he fell down to the floor, closing his eyes slowly.

 

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” Sungmin looked at Donghae in disbelief, “He met Choi Siwon?”

Donghae nodded. He hated to think about it, but this was a matter of life and death. He didn’t want to lose Eunhyuk. Losing his mother was enough to make him living in despair for years, and if he were to lose his light again, he’d crumble down. The fact that Siwon was taking his time in carrying out his plan made everything even more terrifying. He didn’t know what Choi Siwon was thinking but he was sure Eunhyuk would be in danger if he were to meet Siwon again. Donghae would never let that happen. He would keep Eunhyuk safe, even if it meant risking his own life.

“So, what are we going to do now?” Kyuhyun asked, slowing his voice down when he noticed Eunhyuk who was eating his cake at the dining table glanced at them.

“You need to be with him 24 hours,” Sungmin told Donghae, “Don’t let your guard down. I don’t know what Siwon is planning, but this is bad. We’re going to search for Teukie-hyung and Kangin-hyung today, so becareful if you’re going out.”

Donghae was about to say something when out of the blue Eunhyuk appeared in front of them with a wide grin on his face, his lips were smeared with chocolate, probably from the cake he was eating.

“Are you going to see Teukie-hyung and Kangin-hyung? Can I go too? Can I? Can I?” Eunhyuk asked with his eyes sparkling in excitement. But his smile quickly faded when Donghae quickly gave a ‘no’ as an answer.

“You’re not going out today,” Donghae immediately said.

“I want to play outside!”

“No. Be a good boy and stay at home.”

“But I want to buy strawberry!”

“Hyuk, I said NO, so the answer is NO. Now go wash your mouth.” Donghae said in a stern voice, causing the blonde to pout and stuck out his tongue, before stomping his feet towards his room, leaving the three behind.

Donghae let out a heavy sigh while Kyuyun and Sungmin tried hard not to laugh at him, who’d probably be having a hard time coaxing the blonde later. They had no idea how the almighty Lee Donghae managed to put up with Eunhyuk up until now judging from his personality, but well, love would change someone into a better person. It might be a fate that they all met, and it might be a destiny that Donghae and Eunhyuk fell in love with each other.

“So,” Sungmin stood up and walked to the door, pulling Kyuhyun with him, “We’ll leave now. We’ll call you later. Make sure to have a good talk with your Hyuk.”

Donghae could feel Sungmin was teasing him, but before he could reply, Kyuhyun and Sungmin were already out of his sight. And the apartment was filled with silence again. Now, he had another important thing to do. He slowly walked into his room, and smiled when he saw Eunhyuk was playing with his monkey plush toy, sometimes kissing it while giggling.

But when he realized Donghae had sat down in front of him, his lips which were still covered in chocolate immediately formed a pout, making Donghae laughed. He reached out to touch Eunhyuk’s face, but the blonde turned his head and backed away with an ‘hmph’ coming out from his mouth. Donghae laughed even louder at his reaction. Eunhyuk was too cute for his heart to handle.

“Hyuk, are you mad at me?”

“Hae is so mean,” Eunhyuk said without looking at the latter.

“Then…” Donghae moved closer and wrapped his arms around the blonde’s body, pressing their bodies together, “What should I do to make my baby smile again?”

“I don’t want to talk to Hae.” Eunhyuk was still being stubborn, though his face had already turned red when he felt Donghae’s hot breath on his neck.

“But you’re talking to me now.”

“I will stop talking to you.”

“So why did you reply to me?”

“I will stop talking to you! I won’t talk to you now.”

“Really?”

“Yes!”

“See? You’re still talking to me.”

Eunhyuk bit his lip, clearly looked annoyed with Donghae’s playfulness and tried to push him away, but Donghae didn’t let him go. “I…I don’t want to hug Hae. Hae is mean to me.”

“If you don’t want to hug me,” Donghae smirked, “Then let me kiss you.”

And before Eunhyuk could even respond Donghae had already leaned down and kissed him, the chocolate smeared on his lips slowly before pushing his tongue into his mouth. As Donghae deepened the kiss, he could taste the strawberry and chocolate flavor in the blonde’s mouth. He could feel himself getting hard as he trailed kisses across Eunhyuk’s neck and along his collarbone, while his hand slowly making its way down to Eunhyuk’s pants zipper.

But then his conscience came to him. This wasn’t the time to do that. He quickly pulled away from the blonde before something ‘bad’ would happen. He sometimes wondered how exactly he managed to hold himself back from ‘eating’ Eunhyuk everyday, but he didn’t want to hurt him like Siwon did. He wanted Eunhyuk to be at his side forever, and hurting him was something that he would never do.

“Hae…” Eunhyuk looked down and played with his fingers to hide his red face.

Donghae smiled, amused with the fact that Eunhyuk would still blush when they did something like this. “So…is my baby still mad at me?”

Instead of answering, Eunhyuk hugged the latter tightly and leaned his head against Donghae’s chest, and Donghae couldn’t hide the stupid grin formed on his lips. He loved it when Eunhyuk made the first move like this. It was so...adorable.

“You’re so warm, Hae.” Eunhyuk whispered.

“Why? Are you cold? Should I turn off the air-con?”

“No…I just like to hug Hae, because you’re warm.”

“Then I’ll hold you in my arms forever.”

Eunhyuk giggled. “Okay.”

If only we can be together forever… Donghae felt a sudden pang in his heart at the thought, but he would never show his sad face to Eunhyuk. It would be hard, but he’d do anything to keep Eunhyuk with him. If letting him to be with someone else would just give him pain, he’d fight for the blonde till the end. But if Eunhyuk wanted to leave him and he could be happy with someone other than him, he was willing to let him go, no matter how hurt it’d be for him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter