After the Storm

In Love With a Mobster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Here’s your breakfast.”

Minho opened his eyes as he heard a voice, and a smirk appeared on his face upon seeing a guard placing a tray of food inside his cell. He knew that face. That officer was one of Chronos’ dogs before, who’d listen obediently to every word Siwon told him, just because he was showered with money.

But things might be different now, since his brother was nowhere to be found. He could’ve snatched Siwon’s position away now, if it wasn’t because of those retarded people who were the main cause behind his imprisonment. His blood would boil whenever he’d remember them, but he couldn’t do anything right now. He was trapped in this hell, and there was no way out.

“Tell me anything that you know,” Minho said, sitting up straight and stretched his numb body, “Even just a tiny bit information will do. I’ll be more than grateful.”

“Lee Donghae and Cho Kyuhyun have been released,” the guard said in a low voice.

Minho gritted his teeth, his fingers were clenched tightly into his palms as anger started to take over him. “I went all the way to tell the cops everything about them, but they got away just like that?!”

“There’s nothing we can do about it,” the guard said, “Their father came here personally.”

“What about my brother?”

“His whereabouts is still unknown. But it seems like his right hand man has gotten into trouble, or so I’ve heard.”

Minho smiled. He was quite sure the ‘right hand man’ the guard was talking about was Hangeng. He had been waiting for so long to see the defeated look on his brother’s face, to see him in despair, just like he had felt before.

Ever since they were small, his father had always favored Siwon more, even though he had been trying so hard to impress his old man. In his father’s eyes, Siwon was always the perfect one, while he was just…nothing. Even a slight mistake that he’d make would anger his father, but it was always different with Siwon.

He was hurt, but he could only keep it to himself. He was only able to feel at ease when he was with his mother, who’d always try to comfort him. But God seemed to hate him, when his mother soon was hospitalized because of an illness, and she died soon after that. He had been suffering all this while, he wanted Siwon to feel it too; the feeling of losing everything in his life.

“I want to see him rotting in prison too,” Minho started laughing, “It’ll be the most fascinating sight to see him suffering in front of me.”

His laughter echoed throughout the area, grabbing the attention of some prisoners who were placed near his cell. He was still laughing even after the guard had walked away, leaving him there alone in the dark.

______________________________

 

 

The moment Eunhyuk had regained his consciousness, he found himself in a strange room, with no one at his side. He groaned in pain as he tried to sit up, his eyes scanning his surrounding cautiously. Taking a clear look at every single thing in the white-painted room, he finally realized that he was in a hospital, though he was still not sure of what had happened to him.

There was a small, pink-colored box on the small table next to his bed, and he reached out to open the box, a smile etched on his lips seeing a delicious looking strawberry cake in there. Though he was grateful towards whoever bought the cake for him, he wasn’t in the mood to eat right now.

He carefully climbed off of the bed and staggered as he stepped forward, approaching the window. All he could see was the neon lights along the side of the roads, the moving vehicles, and the sparkling stars in the dark sky. For some odd reason, he felt empty. It was as if there was something missing.

“Hyuk-ah!”

Eunhyuk slowly turned around, searching for the owner of the voice. It was Sungmin, approaching him in a hurry while looking at him worriedly.

“Thank God you’re alright,” Sungmin said, his lips forming a bitter smile as he gently patted his hair. “Everything is alright now, Hyuk-ah. Hangeng has been caught by the cops when he tried to escape.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. Everyone was so worried about you. They’ll come to visit you tomorrow, so just rest for tonight, okay?”

Eunhyuk who was still in confusion was about to ask for an explanation, but was interrupted when someone entered the ward. His face brightened up right away seeing Donghae right in front of him, and before the latter could even open his mouth, he had already flung himself at him, hugging him tightly.

“Hae! You’re safe!”

Donghae smiled. He wrapped his arms around the blonde, holding him even tighter. “Yeah, I’m alright, Hyukkie. You don’t have to worry about me.”

“But I thought-“

“It’s just a small wound,” Donghae quickly said as he broke the hug, though Eunhyuk didn’t seem to show any sign of letting go. He kept clinging onto him, and as much as he loved being treated like this, he couldn’t help feeling uncomfortable with Sungmin there.

“Well, guys,” Sungmin cleared his throat, “I’ll leave you two alone, but don’t even try to do anything weird.”

“That bunny still doesn’t trust me,” Donghae muttered under his breath, watching as Sungmin left the ward. He immediately flashed a bright smile when his eyes landed on the confused Eunhyuk, who still had his arms around his neck. He felt so relieved to see him safe and sound, or he’d never be able to forgive himself.

“Did you save me, Hae?” Eunhyuk asked. He could still remember seeing a hand reaching out to him when he was drowning. He thought he was going to die, but her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter