The Truth That Lies Within

In Love With a Mobster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Siwon gave an order to kill you all,” Kyuhyun said.

“You can do whatever you want with me, but don’t you dare touch my brothers, Cho Kyuhyun!”

“Don’t worry, it’ll be over in an instant. You won’t feel pain at all.”

“I hate you…” Sungmin didn’t even realize when exactly his tears came out, even though he was trying hard not to cry in front of this man.

“Like I said, I’m just playing a game, Lee Sungmin. And we shall see who’s going to stand till the end.”

“Cho Kyuhyun!”

“Goodbye,” Kyuhyun said as he dropped the time bomb to the floor and turned around, walking away from the crying Sungmin. They both could hear the sound of the time ticking away, and everything would be over soon.

“Kyuhyun…” Sungmin kneeled on the ground, biting his lip as hard as he could while tears kept flowing down his face. He scooted closer to Leeteuk and Kangin who were starting to wake up, completely clueless of what was going on.

“S-sungmin-ah…” Leeteuk frowned seeing the younger’s face was wet with tears. “What happened?”

“W-we’re going to die hyung,” Sungmin said with his shaking voice, knowing that they would be dead in any moment now. Everything was going to end.

When the time bomb was finally reaching its time limit, he immediately hugged Leeteuk and Kangin, who were still in confusion as they had no clue of what was going to happen to them. And just then, they could hear a loud sound of explosion, but it was obviously coming from outside the room.

Frowning, Sungmin lifted his head up and looked around him, wondering if he was actually having a dream right now. The time bomb in front of him had exploded and shattered into pieces, but nothing happened in the room. What exactly was happening? Sungmin was sure he heard an explosion just now, but where did the sound come from?

“Sungmin-ah,” Kangin who was now fully awake looked at the younger, a confused expression crossed his face. “What’s going on? Why are you crying? Did something happen?”

Sungmin was speechless. He didn’t even know what he should say, when he clearly had no answers to what the latter was asking. Something was happening out there, he could feel it. But he didn’t even have time to think about it when suddenly the door flung open, revealing Heechul who suddenly came into the room in a hurry.

“We need to get out of here as fast as we can,” Heechul said, “Do not be scared, Kyuhyun will save you all, trust me.”

 

 

Donghae couldn’t believe his own eyes. He thought he was dreaming, but then he knew it was real. Kyuhyun was really standing right in front of his eyes, with Heechul, Jaejoong and Yunho behind him. He looked at each of them with wide eyes, trying to get a hold of the situation. He couldn’t understand a single thing, and he really needed an explanation, especially from Kyuhyun.

“Tell me this is a joke,” Minho was the first to break the silence, and shock could be clearly seen on his pale face. “What the is going on here, Cho Kyuhyun?!”

“I’m playing your game, Choi Minho,” Kyuhyun replied calmly. He glanced at the surprised Donghae for a second, before switching his attention back to Minho. “I told you, didn’t I? That we shall see who’s going to be the winner of this game you started. Too bad, I think I’m going to win this.”

Minho’s eyes grew wider when suddenly his supposed to be underlings came closer to him, this time they were pointing their guns at him instead of at the enemies, without even a slight hesitation. He staggered backward, his fierce eyes glaring at Kyuhyun who remained calm despite the ruckus. “W-what’s the meaning of this? What the hell are you trying to do, you useless ?! What about the deal? You promised me! You promised you’d help me bring Siwon down and take over Chronos!”

Kyuhyun cocked an eyebrow, his lips forming a thin smile as he took a few steps closer towards the latter. “So now I’m useless. Sorry, I can no longer keep that promise we made. I’ve never had any intention to help you ever since the very beginning, but you’re blinded by your greed. You believed everything that I said. You played right into my hands, Choi Minho. The only reason why I’m still standing here is because I want to destroy Chronos, I want to bring all of you down. I played along with you, because that’s the only way for me to reach my goal.”

Donghae couldn’t even speak a word as he looked at Kyuhyun’s calm face, not even knowing how to respond to this shocking revelation. Was Kyuhyun just acting all this while? Did he plan everything from the start without even telling him anything? There were so many things he wanted to ask, but he was too stunned to say anything.

“Take him into the car,” this time it was Yunho who spoke, and the men in black suits quickly obeyed him, holding Minho by his arms and shoved him into the car harshly.

“You son of a !” Minho struggled and screamed, his face turning red because of the anger that had taken him over. “I’m going to ing kill all of you! all of this!”

And those were the last words they heard from him before the car drove away, and disappeared completely from their sights. And there was the silence again, the awkward silence that made all of them feel uneasy. Noticing how Donghae tightened his fists and gritted his teeth, Yunho quickly cleared his throat adn dragged all of them into the house, and surprisingly, they weren’t objecting.

“It’s cold out there, let’s talk inside,” Yunho said and let out a chuckle, though it came out way bitter than he thought it’d be. He glanced at Jaejoong and Heechul as they were finally in the living room, signaling them to say something to save the situation.

“Umm…” Jaejoong finally spoke after a moment of silence, “W-where’s Eunhyukkie?”

“He’s inside the room,” Donghae answered flatly, but his eyes were fixed on Kyuhyun in front of him. He was still having a hard time accepting the truth, and there was no way he’d let it go just like that. “Don’t you all have something to say to me?”

Sighing, Heechul hesitantly approached the latter and patted his shoulder softly. “Donghae-ah…we…actually...“

“Just ing tell me now, Kim Heechul,” Donghae shot the older a stern look, and they all knew he was serious.

Angry Donghae was always scary, and they had to do something to calm him down. Saying one wrong word would definitely make the younger even angrier than he was now.

“Jae and I just found out everything yesterday,” Yunho explained.

“And I’ve known about it long ago,” Heechul said, and there was a glint of guilt in his eyes, “But Kyuhyun told me to keep it a secret. He’s risking his own life, Donghae-ah. He saved Sungmin, Leeteuk and Kangin, adn they’re being treated right now. Please forgive him, he-“

Before Heechul could even finish, Donghae had already grabbed Kyuhyun’s collar and pushed him harshly to the wall, knocking down the glasses on the table beside him. Jaejoong gasped when he saw Kyuhyun’s arm started to bleed after being pierced by the broken pieces of the glasses, and he was about to stop them, but Yunho immediat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter