Shattered

In Love With a Mobster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was drizzling when Donghae stepped out of the cottage, and the wind blowing made the surrounding temperature even colder. He shoved his hands into his pockets, staring blankly at the empty road ahead of him. It had been two days since he stayed here, and he had fully recovered, though the wound in his heart wouldn’t be able to heal easily. He looked up at the gloomy sky, biting his lip as Eunhyuk’s face once again popped up in his mind.

“Hyukkie…” he whispered.

“You’re up early.”

He heard Heechul’s voice from behind him. He didn’t turn around and kept looking at the sky, until he felt a hand on his shoulder. “What do you want?” he asked flatly.

“Nothing,” Heechul said and took a seat on a bench, his eyes fixed on the younger, “But you can talk to me if you want. I might be a sometimes, but I’m a good listener.”

“Since when did you know about me?” Donghae asked, though he didn’t seem so eager to know about it.

“Long ago,” Heechul replied, “I’ve known about you working with Kairos for a long time. But I chose not to say anything.”

“Why?”

“Even if I told you back then, nothing would change. Being the stubborn you are, you’d never listen to me. I just thought keeping it to myself would be better.”

“Did you know about Kyuhyun too?”

Heechul shook his head, a slight frown appeared on his face. “I didn’t see that coming, not until recently, when I coincidentally found out about Minho’s acquaintances.”

“God must hate me,” Donghae said, chuckling bitterly, “The person I love is gone, and even my own brother betrayed me.”

“Don’t lose hope, Donghae. We can save Eunhyuk and we’re going to destroy Chronos. That is why we need a good plan.”

“Hyung…”

“What?”

Donghae looked at the older with an unreadable expression on his face, before saying, “Can I ask you something?”

“Go ahead.”

“Why do you hate them? I have a reason, buy you don’t.”

Heechul let out a sigh and leaned his back against the bench, closing his eyes tightly. “I do have my own reason, actually.”

“What kind of reason?” Donghae stepped closer towards the older and sat beside him, interested to know about what Heechul had just said. He thought he knew everything about Heechul, but it seemed like there was something that the older didn’t tell him.

“I’ve always known about Chronos. And I hate them, until now.”

“Why?”

“Because…” Heechul opened his eyes and stopped for a few seconds, before he continued, “They took someone away from me, someone that’s very important to me.”

Donghae fell silent, somehow surprised by this sudden revelation that he had never expected. Heechul had a painful look on his face, and it was his first time to see it. He wanted to ask about what had happened, but he felt like it wasn’t the right time to talk about it. But when he was just about to change the topic, a red jeep pulled up, and stopped in front of them. Yunho stepped out of the jeep seconds later, a stick of cigarette was tucked behind his ear and he smiled slightly when he saw Donghae.

“Feeling good today?” Yunho asked as he made his way towards the two and handed two boxes of Winston to them, which Heechul took delightfully, while Donghae just shook his head.

“I don’t smoke anymore,” Donghae said.

Heechul and Yunho looked at each other, exchanging a confused look at the younger’s words.

“Eunhyuk told me not to…” Donghae added, while looking down at his own feet.

“Oh, is that so,” Heechul nodded his head, trying to hold back himself from smiling. Eunhyuk was indeed an amazing person, who could change the once ruthless Lee Donghae into this new person.

“I guess I’ll take it then,” Yunho grinned and placed the cigarette pack inside his pocket, “And I’ve brought the thing you want with me.”

Donghae’s lips curved into a thin smile when Yunho gave him a small cloth bag. He took it and peeked inside, before taking out a 50 caliber silver handgun that he had ordered a few weeks ago. He looked at the gun thoroughly, checking every part of it to make sure that it was in a perfect state.

“I have something to tell you by the way,” Yunho said, his smile suddenly faded away, “We got an invitation card.”

“Invitation card?” Heechul frowned. “For what?”

“A party, this Saturday.”

“Who invited us?”

“Tony Lee, the head of Shing Group. He invited us all, so what do you think?”

“I’m not in the mood for a party,” Donghae quickly said.

“So am I,” Yunho took a deep breath, before saying, “But you know what I found out? Choi Siwon is invited too.”

Donghae’s eyes widened slightly, and before Heechul could open his mouth to say something he had already stood up and approached Yunho. “I’m going.”

 

 

Eunhyuk trembled as Siwon dragged him along the silent hallway, sometimes glancing around nervously. He didn’t know where they were going, but he didn’t like this place. It was kind of dark and cold, it reminded him of something that he wasn’t able to remember clearly. He didn’t want to be here, but Siwon’s stern face made him unable to say anything, afraid that he might get hit again.

Siwon then stopped in front of a door, before hauling him in with him. As soon as the lights were switched on, Eunhyuk felt his stomach dropped, his eyes widened seeing Sungmin, Leeteuk and K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter