Bittersweet

In Love With a Mobster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“What the hell is going on?” Heechul asked, wondering what had happened while he wasn’t at home that made Eunhyuk to sulk and refuse to talk to Donghae. The blonde had been upset ever since he came back, and he could make a shrewd guess that they were having a ‘lovers quarrel.’

“Don’t remind me, hyung,” Donghae groaned. “He wouldn’t let me touch him.”

As soon as he said that, Heechul burst into laughter right away, amused seeing the younger’s helpless expression. “What exactly did you do to him, Lee Donghae?”

“Well, we were…at the…at the pool, um, we-“

“You were skinny dipping?”

Donghae shot the older a death glare, annoyed seeing his mocking smile. “Yeah, but then he just realized the ring he was wearing was gone, and he wanted to search for it.”

“The ring you gave him?”

“Yeah,” Donghae glanced over at Eunhyuk who was sitting at the dining table, eating a strawberry flavored ice cream with a pout on his lips. “I told him it’s alright and we could search for it later, but it was really gone. We couldn’t find the ring.”

“And?” Donghae sighed. “He got mad because he thought I don’t love him anymore.”

“Why the hell would he think that?” Heechul asked, trying hard to hold back his laughter.

“I said just forget about the ring and I could buy him a new one, and then he suddenly got upset.”

“Must be hard on you, brother. You have to control your hormones from now on,” Heechul teased and quickly ran into his room before Donghae could hit him.

“I’m gonna smash your car later, Kim Heechul!” Donghae threatened, but the only thing he got as a response was the older’s mocking laughter.

Sighing, he slowly stood up and walked towards the dining table, approaching Eunhyuk. He couldn’t help but to smirk seeing the red marks on the blonde’s creamy neck, but he quickly returned to being serious when the blonde looked at him. He had to be careful, or Eunhyuk would ignore him for the rest of his life.

“Are you still mad at me?” Donghae asked as he reached out, touching the blonde’s chin.”

“I don’t want to talk to Hae,” Eunhyuk said, pouting.

“Hyukkie…”

“I want that ring.”

“I can always buy you a new ring.”

“I don’t want a new one!”

“Hey,” Donghae grabbed the blonde by his waist and pulled him to sit on his lap, causing Eunhyuk to yelp at his sudden action. “Tell me, why are you so upset?”

“L-let me go, Hae.”

“No. I want you to talk to me. Please don’t ignore me, I feel like dying right now, Hyukkie.”

Eunhyuk bit his lower lip and looked down at his feet, unable to look at the latter in the eyes. He wanted to get away, but Donghae held him tighter, refusing to let him go.

“Look at me, Hyukkie.”

Hearing the latter’s soothing and comforting voice, Eunhyuk slowly lifted his head up, and their eyes finally met. “H-hae…”

“What is it?”

“I…I lost the ring you gave me. And…and I…I thought you’d be sad, so…so…” Eunhyuk didn’t even get to finish his sentence as tears had already filled his eyes, before slowly falling down his cheeks.

“Shh…” Donghae cooed as he wiped the blonde’s tears away. “Don’t cry. I’m not sad, Hyukkie. It’s not even your fault, it’s alright.”

“B-but-“

“I’m happy enough to know that you’re worried about my feelings, Hyukkie. So please don’t cry because of me.”

“But how can we get married if we don’t have the ring?”

Donghae laughed. He pulled the blonde closer and hugged him tightly, unable to hold himself back seeing his big, round eyes staring at him innocently. “Damn it, why are you always so cute? I don’t even know what I should do if I can’t see you even for a second.”

“Then I’ll just have to be with Donghae all the time, right?”

“Exactly.”

“Hey, lovebirds! Get into your room!”

They were both startled when suddenly Heechul appeared in front of them, with a wicked looking smile on his devilish face. Donghae could only glare at the older, trying to control himself from kicking Heechul in his .

“Did you eat well, Eunhyukkie?” Heechul asked the blonde, and was about to ruffle his hair when suddenly Donghae stopped him.

“Don’t you touch my baby, Kim Heechul,” Donghae warned.

“Stop being a possessive , you . He likes me and you know it. Isn’t that right, Eunhyukkie?”

“Yes, I really like Heechul-hyung!” Eunhyuk answered excitedly, causing Donghae to frown at him while Heechul could only grin in satisfaction at his words.

“But guys, I’m sorry to interrupt your personal ‘activities,’ but I really need to talk to you Donghae-ah,” Heechul said, his smile slowly faded away the moment his eyes met with Donghae’s.

Donghae looked at him in confusion for a minute, but when he could finally get to understand what the latter was trying to tell him, he nodded. “Hyukkie,” he called softly, “I need to discuss something with Heechul, so can you stay in the room for a while? I’ll be there in a short moment. Alright?”

“Why?” Eunhyuk whined. “I want to play too!”

“We’re not going to play anything, baby. Just wait in the room, okay? I’ll buy a strawberry cake for you later.”

“Really?” At the mention of his strawberry, Eunhyuk’s eyes sparkled. “Okay! I’ll be good and wait for you.”

Donghae grinned when the blonde kissed his cheek, before leaving the table and skipped to his room excitedly. But once his eyes landed on the mocking smile on Heechul’s face, he quickly cleared his throat. “So, what do you want to talk about?”

“It’s all over the news,” Heechul said, placing the latest newspaper on the table. “The reports on the explosion in Tony Lee’s mansion are hot topics now, and the cops finally begin to learn about his underground activities that are kept hidden all this while. Only a few people were injured though, and no death occurred. But the cause of the explosion was still under investigation.”

“And?”

“I assume this was Choi Minho’s doing.”

“How do you figure?”

“Choi Siwon wouldn’t do something like this, he’s a professional businessman,” Heechul continued, “Minho had been eyeing the chairman position in Chronos. He’d go to any length to get what he wants.”

“What about Choi Siwon and that Chinese guy? We haven’t heard anything about them since that day.”

“That’s the best part,” Heechul smirked, “Because of Tony Lee’s crimes revelation, there are some holes that have been accidentally opened inside Chronos. The cops are suspicious, and they might even start to investigate further. And I can only think of one thing, they might have gone to a foreign country.”

“That’s what I thought too,” Donghae said, “But hyung, don’t you have any other thing to tell me?”

“Tell you what?”

“Don’t play dumb. Since when did you know about that damn Cho Kyuhyun?”

Heechul breathed out heavily, knowing that he couldn’t avoid the question. “Do you remember that I told you about Chronos took away someone who’s important to me?”

“Yeah. What happened?”

“Hangeng, that Chinese guy, he’s the one I’m talking about.”

Donghae was quite surprised, but his face remained calm and he just kept quiet, listening to what the older was saying.

“When I was trying to get him out of Chronos, I accidentally found out about Kyu,” Heechul began, “I saw him with Hangeng, when they were handling a business. I was shocked, obviously, but then Kyu told me everything. He made a deal with Minho, he’ll help him to take control of Chronos, and Minho will help him to bring Siwon down.”

“But he still lied to me,” Donghae said, even though his heart was saying the opposite. It was still hard for him to accept everything in such a short time, but he n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter