What Will Survive of Us Is Love

In Love With a Mobster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

****************************************************

5 MONTHS AGO (END OF THE MONTH)

It had been a week since they lived in this abandoned house, isolated from the city, the place they often used to train themselves. Sungmin looked at Hyukjae who was still unconscious on the bed, showing no sign of waking up despite the fact that his wound was starting to heal. He knew the time for him to leave had come. Leaving Hyukjae alone in this place was the hardest thing he had to do, but his presence here would just make it easier for Siwon to locate them. He had to leave Hyukjae, because sooner or later Siwon would find out where they were hiding.

“I’m sorry Hyuk,” Sungmin muttered, tears slowly filled his eyes, before slowly falling down his cheeks, “I’m really sorry…”

He placed the letter he wrote earlier on the backpack he had prepared for the blonde, hoping that Hyukjae would feel better after reading it. Forgive me Hyukjae, fogive me, Sungmin repeated those words countless times in his mind. Just the thought of Hyukjae waking up in confusion and feeling scared, alone, he felt even worse. He bent down a little and kissed the blonde’s forehead gently, and he swore he felt like dying right now.

“We’ll come back for you, wait for us,” he whispered in the blonde’s ear. He slowly turned around, heading to the door and glanced at Hyukjae for the last time before stepping out of the house, walking away in tears.

****************************************************

 

 

Donghae kept fidgeting in his seat, waiting nervously as Eunhyuk was undergoing the MRI scan to examine the damage he received that caused the amnesia, accompanied by Sungmin. It was Kyuhyun’s idea to bring Eunhyuk to the hospital, just to make sure that everything was alright. They were having a hard time bringing the blonde here though, since he didn’t want to let go of Donghae’s hand no matter what when they wanted to bring him to the doctor, and the blonde started crying, saying they were so mean and all. In the end Donghae had to carry the blonde in his arms to the doctor’s room, and it took him almost half an hour to convince Eunhyuk to undergo the MRI scan, which the blonde thought as an UFO ship landing on earth.

“Donghae!”

Donghae looked up, and there was Sungmin walking towards him with Eunhyuk following from behind, tugging his shirt. Smiling, Donghae stood up and approached them, reaching out to hold Eunhyuk’s hand but the blonde pried his hand off and hid behind Sungmin instead, pouting. Donghae was taken aback seeing the blonde’s unexpected reaction and he looked at Sungmin, asking for an explantion making the older sighed.

“He’s mad because you left him in that ‘UFO thing’,” Sungmin said, an amused smile etched on his lips.

Now it was clear. Donghae tried to hide his smile as he pulled Eunhyuk close to him, hugging him tightly with the blonde struggling to get away from his hold.

“I don’t want to talk to Hae!” Eunhyuk tried to push Donghae away, only to make the latter tightened his hug. “I don’t want to hug Hae!”

“Hyukkie,” Donghae whispered in the blonde’s ear, “I’m sorry. I’m a bad person because I left you there. I’ll never leave you again, okay?”

Hearing those comforting words, Eunhyuk began to relax in the latter’s embrace, leaning his head against the latter’s broad chest. He wasn’t really mad, he was just upset that he had to do something so scary without Donghae at his side. He always felt protected whenever Donghae was with him and he wanted Donghae to always be with him.

“Alright, lovebirds,” Sungmin spoke, interrupting the moment, “You can continue with what you’re doing at home. I’ll leave now, Kyuhyun needs help at the shop. Take care of my brother, Donghae.”

Before Donghae could say anything, Sungmin walked away and then disappeared behind the walls, leaving the two of them alone in the quiet hallway. Donghae frowned. He was going to ask Sungmin about Eunhyuk’s condition and what the doctor had said to him, but did Sungmin left hurriedly in purpose to avoid his questions? Donghae could only pray that everything would be okay, and they had nothing to worry about. Please, God, Donghae said in his mind, please make this easy for us.

“I’m hungry.” Eunhyuk said all of a sudden, breaking the silence.

Donghae chuckled. “Let’s go, I’ll buy something for you.”

“Strawberry milk!”

“No, eat properly then I’ll give you your strawberry milk.”

Eunhyuk pouted, trying to move Donghae’s hand away from him but the latter didn’t let him. “Hae is a meanie.”

“I’m not.”

“But you left me in that UFO ship.”

“Hyukkie, that’s not UFO.”

“But it looks weird.”

“Yeah, but it’s not UFO.”

“But I saw it on tv Hae, it’s UFO.”

“Who told you that?”

“Kyuhyun.”

That was it, that must be the reason why he had such a hard time dealing with Eunhyuk today. I’m going to kick your when I see you, Cho Kyuhyun, Donghae thought.

 

 

“Sir, he’s here.”

Siwon looked up when he heard Hangeng’s voice, and his lips curved into a thin smile as he saw Jin in front of him, wearing a white shirt and jeans. He signaled for the man to sit in front of him and Jin obeyed, slightly nervous at the thought of Hangeng was right behind him. Hangeng was Siwon’s best hitman and having a skilled assassin behind you was not really comfortable.

“Is there anything else you need?” Siwon asked, though he could figure out the answer without really asking.

“Gun, money, food.” Jin answered shortly.

“I’ve prepared everything for you,” Siwon continued, “You’ll fly to France tonight, go find Lee Misook and do what you want, but I can’t guarantee your safety. You do know that she’s a politician, don’t you?”

“Yeah, I know. And I don’t care. I just need to kill her.”

Siwon smirked. Jin had always been easy to work with, and that was one of the reasons why he let Jin entered his territory before. “If you manage to come back here, you can do whatever you want with Lee Donghae.”

Jin nodded. He knew this was going to be risky, but he didn’t care. He wanted to get revenge and even if he was going to die, he would do it. He had lost everything, there was no longer a reason why he had to continue living in this world. Ever since he found out Kairos was now under Siwon’s wing, he knew it was all over. He was grateful enough that Siwon didn’t kill him up until now, despite the fact that the young man was only using him all this while, but Siwon had never once stabbed him from the back. He was scary and intimidating but he gave off a vibe of a very dedicated leader, his charisma, and caliber, made people look up to him with respect. In fact, he enjoyed working with Siwon more than with his own father.

“Contact me if you need anything else,” Siwon added, “Ask for a help from my men in France, but I still can’t say you’re going to be safe.”

Jin smiled bitterly as he stood up, bowing slightly at the young leader, “I know. And I’ll make sure Chronos won’t be discovered. I’m taking my leave.”

“Good luck.”

“Thanks for eveything, Choi Siwon,” Jin said, smiling sincerely, “I enjoyed working with you.” Jin swore he could see a slight change in Siwon’s expression, as if he was shocked to hear that. And before he turned around to leave, although it was faint, he could hear Siwon’s low voice muttering, “Thank you.”

 

 

It was still early when they arrived at the riverside, a place Eunhyuk had never been to before. He was mesmerized by the beauty of nature surrounding him, the sound of wind blowing through the trees, the birds chirping, the fresh smell of earth, he couldn’t even describe it with words just how much he loved this place. It was like a heaven to him, and to be in this heaven together with Donghae made everything even better.

“Do you like this place?” Donghae asked, smiling widely as he leaned against his car.

Eunhyuk nodded vigorously, his eyes wandering around, still in amazement. “Why are we here, Hae?”

“I want to show you something,” Donghae said, “But not now. We can only see it at night. We have to wait.”

Upon hearing the word ‘night’, Eunhyuk’s lips immediately formed a pout. He didn’t like the idea of waiting when it came to the interesting things Donghae wanted to show him. Donghae let out a soft chuckle seeing Eunhyuk’s cute pout and wrapped his arm around the blonde’s shoulder, bringing him closer as they watched the beautiful scenery in front of them. He often came here when his mother was still alive, where they would enjoy their time together with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter