Binding Hearts

In Love With a Mobster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Donghae’s eyes widened. Eunhyuk was nowhere to be found. He wasn’t in the bedroom, not in the kitchen, not anywhere! That kid, how the hell did he get out? All of a sudden, Jay’s face appeared in his mind. He shook his head, shoving the thought away. After thinking thoroughly, he got out of his apartment and walked in a fast pace towards the lift. He pressed the button a few times, but he wasn’t that patient.

He cursed again as he turned back and headed to the stairs, walking down speedily. As soon as he arrived at the parking lot, he rushed to his car and was about to get in when a Camry suddenly pulled up, stopping right in front of him. The car was familiar, but he was too distracted at the moment. However, he immediately stopped at his track when he saw Eunhyuk stepping out of the car with a wide smile on his face, holding plastic bags, and what’s more, Kim Heechul and Choi Minho was with him! Donghae gulped.

.

“Hello fishy,” Heechul smirked, walking closer with his hand on Eunhyuk’s shoulder. “Looks like you have a lot to tell.”

Donghae gritted his teeth as he looked at Eunhyuk. The blonde quickly looked down, knowing that he had done something Donghae didn’t like.

“I’ll tell you tomorrow, hyung,” Donghae grabbed Eunhyuk’s hand and dragged him into apartment lobby, completely ignoring Heechul’s screaming, cursing his attitude. But he couldn’t care less right now. He needed to get away pronto!

 

 

When they were already in his apartment, Donghae pulled Eunhyuk and sat him down on the couch harshly. Eunhyuk bit his lower lip, already expecting Donghae’s anger. He was scared, too scared to look up. He didn’t like this side of Donghae, but it was his fault after all.

“Where did you go?” Donghae asked flatly.

“I wanted to-“

“Didn’t I tell you to stay at home?”

“But…Heechul hyung and Minho said they’re your friends. And they’re so kind…they brought me to the supermarket.”

“I don’t want to hear that. I told you before, if you cause me a problem, I’ll kick you out.”

Eunhyuk’s eyes started to water, but he didn’t dare to look at the furious Donghae. He clutched the plastic bags in his hand, trying to hold back his tears.

“Look at me when I’m talking to you.”

Eunhyuk quickly shook his head. His tears already flowed down his cheeks when he heard Donghae’s stern voice.

“Look at me, damn it!” Donghae harshly cupped the blonde’s face, only to widen his eyes when he saw Eunhyuk’s face was wet with tears.

“I’m s-sorry Donghae. I’m sorry,” Eunhyuk started to sob. “I’m sorry. I w-won’t do it again. Please f-forgive me.”

“Eunhyuk.”

“B-but I wanted to make k-kimchi fried rice for Donghae, t-then they c-came…so…so I…”

Donghae shifted his gaze to the plastic bags the latter was holding, and he sighed.

“I’m s-sorry, Donghae, p-please don’t get mad…”

“Eunhyuk, look at me.”

Eunhyuk finally looked up, still sobbing. Donghae gently pulled him to stand, closing the distance between them. “It’s too dangerous out there. Don’t go out if I’m not with you.”

“I’m sorry Donghae…”

As their gazes met, Donghae was once again mesmerized by those beautiful, sparkling eyes. He couldn’t believe it. He was actually giving in to this boy he just met, and the stone wall surrounding his cold heart was slowly melting, softened by the warmth that filled his life ever since Eunhyuk came. He never had this kind of feeling before. He was always alone, and now he had someone he needed to take care of.

“Donghae?” Eunhyuk blinked his puffy eyes cutely, looking into Donghae’s eyes.

“Don’t…”

“Umm?”

“Don’t look at me like that…” Donghae managed to say.

“I can’t look at Donghae? Then where should I look at?”

Their eyes were still locked on each other, and they stayed like that for a moment. Donghae couldn’t deny it anymore, the boy in front of him was beautiful, as beautiful as an angel. He was a guy. Nevertheless, he looked prettier than a girl. He didn’t seem to be afraid, but he looked so fragile and weak. He was extremely clueless, but that made him cuter. …what am I thinking? Donghae shook his head, hitting it with his fist a few times.

“Omo, Donghae, don’t hit your head like that, you’ll become stupid if you do that,” Eunhyuk said with a serious expression on his face, like a teacher giving an advice.

Donghae almost laughed at the statement, but he held it in. Who the hell told him that? Saying that to this clueless boy…

“Donghae is not mad at me anymore?” Eunhyuk asked. He had stopped crying, though his eyes and nose were still red.

And Donghae knew he was already losing his conscience at that moment. He pulled Eunhyuk close to him and slowly leaned closer, before bending down until his thin lips touched the latter’s plump ones. Eunhyuk widened his eyes, totally surprised by the sudden action.

But when he felt Donghae’s soft lips moving on his, he closed his eyes, feeling the warmth enveloping his body. Unconsciously, he reacted to the kiss and wrapped his arms around Donghae’s neck. Donghae smiled as he enfolded the boy’s slim figure with his strong arms. After a moment, they broke the kiss, still looking into each other’s eyes.

“W-what was that, Donghae?” Eunhyuk looked confused, but his blush could be clearly seen.

“That was...a kiss.”

“W-why?”

There was only silence filling the atmosphere. Donghae slowly let go of the boy and backed away. He wasn’t sure too, he didn’t have the slightest idea why exactly he did it. He groaned, cursing himself as he turned away and left to his room, closing the door tightly.

He was confused with his own action, and he needed time to think. He’s a stranger. He kept repeating the thought in his mind. He’s a total stranger, I can’t like him. I can’t… He closed his eyes, leaning against the door. Just when he was about to move, he heard Eunhyuk’s soft voice from outside.

“Donghae…I’ll cook kimchi fried rice for you, eat it later okay? Please don’t be mad. I will listen to you from now on.”

How he wanted to tell the boy he wasn’t mad. He just wanted to keep him safe. But he knew, Eunhyuk wasn’t his in the first place. No matter what, when the latter would regain his memories, he would go back to his own life. And there was nothing he could do about it. Nothing.

____________________________________

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter