By Your Side

In Love With a Mobster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

There was no one around when they arrived at the beach, and Donghae couldn’t be happier because he could spend his time with Eunhyuk without anyone interrupting. He had lay out a mat on the sand and placed a beach umbrella there, and the foods and drinks were already prepared. Extremely pleased with his preparation, Donghae grinned widely as he approached Eunhyuk who was still in the car, looking around curiously. He was wearing a loose, white shirt and short pants, revealing his milky thighs and Donghae somehow hated it. He hated the fact that someone else might see Eunhyuk’s beauty and fall for him.

“Why are you wearing this?” He asked Eunhyuk, frowning.

“Then why should I wear? This shirt is comfortable Hae,” Eunhyuk said, completely oblivious of what the latter had in his mind.

“Next time, wear something that is not too revealing,” Donghae said as he lifted Eunhyuk up and carried him bridal style, walking towards the place he had prepared for them and placed the blonde on the mat carefully, before pulling him to sit between his legs. Sungmin had already made a suggestion to buy a wheelchair for the blonde but Donghae refused, he could still take care of Eunhyuk without a wheelchair. It might be hard, but he was willing to do anything to make the blonde happy. It was only for a few days, and then Eunhyuk could walk normally again.

“Hae, this place is very beautiful!” Eunhyuk squealed, as if it was his first time at a beach. “Hae, I want to play!”

“You still can’t walk, Hyukkie.”

Eunhyuk pouted. But he knew he had no right to argue. He couldn’t even move his legs and Donghae was kind enough to bring him here. Sighing, he leaned his back against the latter’s chest, feeling warm in his embrace despite the cold weather. He closed his eyes for a moment when he felt the wind blowing, letting Donghae hugged him tighter with his chin on his shoulder, and their hands intertwining. It would be great if they could have a house near a beach, and they could walk along the shore together whenever they’d feel like it. Eunhyuk smiled, feeling happy at the thought of living together with Donghae for the rest of his life.

“If I have enough money, I want to buy a house for the two of us,” Donghae said all of a sudden, as if he could read the latter’s mind.

“But what about your apartment, Hae?”

“I want to have our own house that I buy with my own money, and we’re going to live there.”

“What about Minnie-hyung and Kyuhyun?”

“They can buy their own house,” Donghae said, rolling his eyes. He could never imagine living together with Kyuhyun and Sungmin. That stupid game freak and that pink bunny would always be the ultimate ers in his life history, and he couldn’t survive living that kind of life.

“Does that mean Teukie-hyung and Kangin-hyung will buy a house near a beach too?”

Donghae’s face immediately changed hearing those names coming from Eunhyuk’s mouth. Kyuhyun and Sungmin were still searching for them, but till now they hadn’t found anything that could help them. What should he tell Eunhyuk? The blonde would be worried like hell if he’d know the truth. There was no way he’d tell him, not now. “Y-yeah, they will.”

“Then we can have a picnic together!” Eunhyuk clasped his hands, smiling widely at his own idea.

“No, it should be the two of us only, no one else is allowed.”

Eunhyuk wanted to say something, but was stopped when the latter started to plant kisses on his nape and head, making him giggled. “Hae, it tickles!”

“But you smell so good, Hyukkie. Like a baby.”

“But I’m not a baby!”

“You’re my baby, remember that.”

“I’m not a-“ before Eunhyuk could finish, the latter had already pulled him until they were lying on the mat, with him on top of Donghae who had a smirk plastered on his face.

“You’re so beautiful,” Donghae said before slowly pulling the blonde close and pressed their lips together, his hands wrapping protectively around Eunhyuk’s slim waist. It was just a gentle, light kiss but it was enough to let Eunhyuk know that he loved him, too much.

“I don’t think I can live without you,” Donghae said after pulling away, his hands still on the blonde’s waist.

Eunhyuk smiled as he leaned his head on Donghae’s chest and closed his eyes, listening to the latter’s heartbeat, the sound that he loved so much. “I will never leave you, Hae.”

“It might be hard, but if you’re happy with me, I’m willing to do anything to keep you with me.”

“Hae…is…is something wrong?”

“Why?”

“You seem to be hiding something from me. You're acting weird these days.”

He’s sharp, Donghae thought. It was hard for him to lie. Eunhyuk could always see right through him without even asking, but he couldn’t bring himself to tell the truth. He would tell him when the right time would come. But for now, it’d be better if he just kept everything to himself.

“Hae, when can I walk again?”

“You need to eat the medicines on time, if you want to get better,” Donghae replied, though he was slightly surprised by the blonde’s sudden question. “Why? Don’t you like it when I carry you?”

“I-it’s not like that…”

“Then what is it?”

“It’s…” Eunhyuk’s face turned red as he said, “It’s because I want to hold your hand again when we walk together.”

Seeing the blonde’s adorable red cheeks, Donghae couldn’t help but to grin like an idiot and started to shower Eunhyuk’s face with kisses. Eunhyuk just giggled and playfully hit the latter’s chest, making it harder for Donghae to resist him. If it wasn’t because they were at a beach, he’d probably pin the blonde down to the ground and ‘eat’ him right away. It wasn’t like he was a ert (maybe a little) but there was no way he could restrain himself from having ‘those’ thoughts when the blonde was being so cute and adorable. But his conscience was still with him, he would never do something like that when Eunhyuk was still in this state.

“Oh, right, I forgot to ask you before,” Eunhyuk said out of the blue, “But how is Minho? You haven’t talked about him since that day, Hae.”

The smile on Donghae’s lips quickly faded away at the mention of that name, and even if it was just for a second, Eunhyuk noticed the slight change in Donghae’s expression. He didn’t know what exactly happened, but he had a feeling that the latter was hiding something from him.

“He…he’s fine. He’s kind of busy lately, we’ll hang out when we have time,” Donghae finally answered after hesitating for a few seconds. He couldn’t tell Eunhyuk the truth. With his condition like that, it would just make everything worse. He felt bad for lying to him, but this was the only he could think of.

“I hope we can see him again, because he’s your friend,” Eunhyuk said with a smile on his face.

Donghae just nodded hesitantly without saying anything, unable to think of any word to say. If Eunhyuk would find out the truth of what was happening around him, he’d definitely be sad. He’s not my friend anymore, Hyukkie, Donghae said in his mind. For now, he didn’t want to think about those things. He just wanted to enjoy spending his time with Eunhyuk, he wanted to do anything that would make the blonde smile, before it’d be too late and he’d end up regretting it. He still had a long way to go in this life and he could never know who else would try to betray him.

He could only trust Kyuhyun and Sungmin, but he was slightly hoping that Heechul would come back soon. The future was unpredictable, no one would know what was going to happen and that was why, if the situation would come to worse, Heechul would be the last card he could count on. He had a bad feeling about something that was happening, but he was refusing to face the cruel truth. And if his hunch would turn out to be correct, then he knew everything they had right now would be gone in an instant.

“If you dare to betray me, then you have to pay for it, for your whole life.” He whispered, before slowly closing his eyes.

 

 

“What is this thing, Hae?” Eunhyuk asked as soon as they arrived in front of a white caravan near the beach. “Is this a dog’s house? It’s big!”

“This is not a dog house, Hyukkie,” Donghae said, not even bothering to explain the details because he knew there was no use of explaining to the blonde. He would never understand.

The caravan was parked under a big tree, and it was quiet, nothing could be heard from inside. It had been a long time since Donghae saw it because the owner kept moving from one place to another, but it seemed like luck was on his today. He needed a backup plan to support him when he'd be in trouble, and this was the perfect time to gather his own people before it’d get too late.

He took a deep breath and knocked the door a few times, while Eunhyuk on his back just watched curiously. They waited for a few minutes but there was no answer, and Donghae knocked again, this time louder as if he wanted to break down the door. Seconds later, the door was opened slowly from inside, revealing a tall guy wearing a white wife beater, with his eyes half closed.

“I don’t want to buy anything, just leave and don’t you ing disturb my sleep again,” the tall guy said and was about to close the door back when suddenly Donghae stopped him.

“Is that the proper way to greet an old friend, Yunho?” Donghae smirked.

Frowning, the guy called Yunho stepped closer and narrowed his eyes, before slowly his lips curved into a wide grin. “Hey! Donghae, it’s really you!”

“Yeah, it’s been a long time.”

“And who is this cute little blondie you’re carrying on your back? I haven’t seen him with you before,” Yunho raised an eyebrow, sending the latter a meaningful look.

“Let me make this clear,” Donghae said, glaring at the older, “His name is Eunhyuk and he's mine, so don’t touch him.”

Yunho laughed, finding the younger's stern expression funny for some reason. “Finally, Lee Donghae has met his soulmate, huh? Relax, brownie, you know I have my own baby. Now, come in. We have a lot of things to talk about.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter