CHAPTER 50: GRADUATION

Me? A Girl?

 

====================================================================

 

 

 

 

March 31.

It was the day that all the students from Cube High School were waiting for. Graduation. Why are they waiting for it? First, because their y seniors will be gone. Second, they will be the one ruling over the school because the y seniors are gone. In short, they will be the es that everyone hates. Just like Son Naeun’s group.

But on the other side of the story, other students were saddened by the graduation. Because that means, their great and loving sunbaes will be gone. Their saviors from the bully girls will be gone.

As for the graduates, some are happy. Ofcourse. Who wouldn’t be right? Graduation is like one of the happiest days of your life. Especially when you really want to get out of highschool. Others, were the complete contrast of it though. Others were scared of living in a larger world. Just like Hyerin who was biting her lip while fidgeting her fingers in nervousness. She was going to give her speech later.

Hyosung noticed her and playfully slapped her hands. “Don’t do that. You can do it. Graduation speeches are nothing.”

Hyerin shook her head. “No. This is not just any speech. It’s a Valedictory speech.” She corrected.

Hyosung made a face. “Whatever. It’s still a speech. That means they are the same.”

Yookyoung butted in and hugged Hyerin from the back. “Don’t worry Unnie. You can do it.” She cheered her on.

“Thank you.” Hyerin thanked her with a smile.

“Hyosung unnie! What happened to my mascara?! Fix ittttt!” Hayoung screeched.

Hyosung shook her head as she walked away. “I’ve got to go. I need to fix her make-up.”

“Unnie fighting!” Yookyoung cheered Hyerin before she walked away.

Hyerin was about to go but her phone vibrated. It was a message. From Ren.

 

 

“Are you nervous? You are aren’t you? Don’t worry about it. Just do your best. I’ll be waiting for you after the program. Goodluck!”

 

 

Hyerin felt more relaxed and she faced the mirror with a smile. “You can do this Hyerin.”

 

..

 

It was already 5:00 in the afternoon and the audience were already getting bored of waiting for the program to start.

“Hey, isn’t that Son Naeun and Jiyeon?” Ren’s mom asked as she pointed to Naeun beside Jiyeon from a far.

 Ren raised a brow at her. “So?”

“Isn’t Naeun the girl you’re so in love before? And Jiyeon is the one you really ahte” She teased.

Ren made a face. Remembering how he liked Naeun was really a nightmare for him. And remembering Jiyeon, is a completely terrible memory. “Stop it mom. It’s not funny.”

“I really wanna marry her Mom! She’s like the most perfect girl in the world!” His mom continued to .

Ren just covered his ears in irritation.

 The program started and one by one, the students were called towards the stage to get their diplomas.

After almost 3 hours, the roll call ended. It was finally the time for the Valedictorian to deliver her speech. Hyerin slowly walked towards the center with her piece on her hand. And then, she started her speech.

*She’s so pretty even from a distance.* Ren thought as he smiled.

“Is that her?” He heard his mom ask.

“Absolutely.” Ren proudly answered his mom.

“She’s too pretty for you. Plus she’s brainy. Are you sure she’s you’re girlfriend?” She asked.

*Sometimes I really wonder if you’re really my mom.* Ren narrowed his eyes on his mom. “She is.”

“Whatever. I get to have a pretty daughter-in-law! Don’t let her slip okay? You should definitely marry her.”

Ren nodded with a smile. “I will.”

 

 

….

 

 

The long program finally ended. Everyone was scattered around the area. Some were taking pictures, some were having group hugs, some are weeping together while pledging that they will never forget each other, some are alone.

And Hyerin wasn’t alone. She was talking with her mom and dad telling them how grateful she was to them while giving them a hug.

That’s when they heard someone who coughed. Hyerin turned around. It was Ren.

“Annyeonghaseyo. I’m Choi Minki, Hyerin’s boyfriend.” Ren said as he bowed to them politely.

Hyerin's parents smiled at him. Before graduation, I already told them about him and they were so excited to meet him. They said it was okay for me to be in a relationship since they know that I can manage studying and relationships at the same time.

“So you’re my future daughter-in-law? Aigoo. You’re so pretty!” Ren’s mom said as she pinched my cheeks. She leaned closer to me. “Just bear with Ren okay? Please don’t break up with him. I want to have a granddaughter from you okay?” She whispered at me. I just shyly nodded at her.

“Mom! Stop scaring her!” Ren exclaimed causing us to erupt in laughter.

 

 

Ren was about to talk to Hyerin but her classmates stole her. They took pictures together. So Ren was left there, alone. He was waiting for their 'mini photoshoot' to end.

"You're here?" A voice asked.

As he looked up, he saw the face that he didn't really want to see as of now and forever. Park Jiyeon.

"Yeah."

Jiyeon rolled her eyes as she sat beside him. "Don't think too highly of yourself. I don't like you anymore. You're seriously no fun dating girls like her."

Ren made a face at her. "Thanks."

Jiyeon stared at him. "If I found out that the two of you broke up, I'm seriously going to marry you."

Ren's eyes widened. "What?! I thought you don't---"

"I was kidding. Duh. You're not the most handsome guy in the world. Conceited guy." She cursed under her breath.

Ren just smiled. 

"Why are you smiling like an idiot?" She asked him.

"I just want to thank you." Ren told her sincerely.

She tilted her head in confusion. "Me? Thank me? Why?"

"It's because, if you didn't chase me down, I wouldn't disguise myself as a girl and come here to this school. I wouldn't have met Hyerin. So, thank you. That's the best thing you've done for me." Ren confessed.

"Tch. Whatever. Too much drama. I'm out here. I still have to go to a party." Jiyeon mumbled as she stood up and walked away. Leaving Ren there, astounded by her actions.

She suddenly stopped walking and turned to him. "Goodbye Choi Minki." She muttered with a small smile.

Ren nodded. "Goodbye. Take care." He waved at her.

Hyerin suddenly came back. "Who are you waving to?" She asked as she tried to see the person who he was waving to but there were so many students at the area so she doesn't know who among them.

"Nothing. Can we go home now?" He asked.

She nodded. "My mom told me to invite you and your mom for dinner at our house."

Ren stood up and held Hyerin's hand. "That'll be great." He whispered at her with a smile. With that, they walked towards the gate where their parents had been waiting for them.

 

 

====================================================================

 

THANK YOU FOR READING/ COMMENTING/ SUBSCRIBING~! <333 GODBLESS EVERYONE! :DDDDD

 

 

Sinong pupunta sa KPOP NATION 3 sa Mega sa Dec. 27? :) Wala lang. Baka lang magkita kita tayo. Hahahaha. :> 

 

 

~♥