CHAPTER 49: SURPRISE!

Me? A Girl?

 

 

========================================================================

 

 

 

 

 

Hyerin’s heart sunk as she finally realized that she didn’t pass the exam that meant everything for her. Everything. Her scholarship. Her graduation. Her dreams. And lastly, Ren.

They made a promise about her exam. That Ren won’t meet her again. Ever. If she doesn’t pass it. She was confident about it at first. But in the end, she failed.

Was she too confident? Where did she go wrong? She did study. Every single day. All she did was study. Why did she fail? Just why did she overslept at the day of the exam?

Hyerin cried as she hugged her pillow tight. *How do I tell my parents about this? What about Ren?* She thought as she cried harder.

 

 

“I’m so excited about our graduation!” I heard Hayoung exclaimed happily. *Yes. That’s right. talk about graduating in front of me who’s not graduating.*

“Me too! I can’t wait to see my parents!” Yookyoung agreed as she jumped. I sighed. *What will my parents do if ever they knew that I’m not graduating?*

Hyosung noticed how affected Hyerin was and nudged the two to shut up.

“Why?” Hayoung and Yookyoung asked. Hyosung pointed to Hyerin. And the two immediately closed their mouths.

Hyosung walked towards me. “Hyerin, are you okay?” She asked as she held my hand comfortingly.

I meekly smiled as I nodded. “Soon. I will be okay soon.”

“Don’t think about the exam. It’ll only stress you out. We’re here. You can lean on us.” Hayoung said as she brightly smiled.

Hyerin just nodded.

“Let’s just eat ice cream today and forget all of our problems!” Yookyoung cheered.

*Even if I ate a ton of ice cream my problems won’t fade away.* I thought sadly as I let out a small sigh.

We were on our way to the cafeteria to grab some ice cream but,

“Hyerin-ah! The Principal is calling for you.” The Student Assistant, Minji told me as she adjusted her glasses.

*It must be about the scholarship.* I thought as I nodded to her and excused myself from my friends.

Great. I didn’t even had the chance to cheer myself up with a little ice cream.

 

 

I knocked on the door three times but still, no one’s answering. So I just decided to take a peek inside. But I couldn’t see anything. So I just stepped inside. There. Clear enough. No one was here. Was the Principal really calling for me? What if Minji is just kidding me? No. She’s not like that. Maybe I’ll just come back here later. Hyerin thought as she turned around, ready to leave. That’s when she saw someone.

Ren.

“What’s this? Am I dreaming?” Hyerin mumbled to herself as she rubbed her eyes. Ren chuckled as he pinched her cheeks. “You’re not. I’m real.”

Hyerin’s eyes widened as she took a step back. “What are you doing here?! And how did you get in here?” She asked him in bafflement.

Ren pouted as he stretched his arms out, ready to gte a hug. “No hugs? I came to see you. And …I heard about it.”

Oh right. Our agreement. Hyerin thought as her shoulders slowly deflated. “So, why are you here? You shouldn’t see me right? I failed. I’m sorry.” Hyerin said as she bit her lip, trying to stop herself from crying. *Not now. Not in front of him.*

Ren took out a white envelope from his jacket and gave it to Hyerin. “I came to give you this.” Hyerin’s brows knitted together in confusion. “What’s that?”

“It’s something that you might want to punch me for.” Ren mumbled uneasily.

What was the letter all about? Was it a goodbye letter? Will Ren really leave her? Hyerin got more curious and opened the letter in no time. But it was long. And she was already panicky. So she skipped some parts and just scanned the letter. But something caught her eye.

 

“Congratulations for passing the exam…”

 

She looked at Ren in confusion “What’s this? Are you trying to joke around with me? It’s not funny.” She threatened him with a glare as she closed the letter.

Ren nodded. “I knew you’d suspect me of lying. So I got this one ready.” He smiled as he took out a piece of paper. It looked awfully familiar to Hyerin. “Is that.. my answer sheet?” She asked as she carefully examined the letter.

It was. There was no doubt about it. But why was her score 98 over 100? She failed didn’t she? Maybe Ren was just trying to cheer her up.

She turned to Ren with a frown. “You’re just trying to cheer me up aren’t you?”

“No! It’s for real. You passed the exam. You even topped it.” Ren said with a smile.

“I know I failed. Stop trying to make me feel better. It’s not going to work.”

Ren twitched. “You passed. I just asked my Aunt to remove your name from the list of the students who passed to surprise you.” He explained in annoyance.

Why can’t Hyerin believe him on this? He was expecting her to hug him or kiss him. But she’s not even happy about the news that he brought.

Hyerin on the otherhand tried to think about the situation. First. Ren is here. Second. He’s saying I passed. Third… I passed? So that’s it? I passed. I can graduate. I can get my diploma. I can be with him. Again. That’s it right?

“Did I really pass the exam? Will I really be able to graduate?” She asked him eagerly.

Ren rolled his eyes. He’s been telling her she passed for 12473519695 times but she’s not listening. He sighed and placed his hands on top of her shoulders. “You passed. Okay? Now hurry up and---“

Ren wasn’t able to finish what he was saying because Hyerin suddenly hugged him. “I.. passed it. I passed …didn’t I? I thought… I lost everything…” She said in between her sobs. Ren gentlycupped her face in between his hands as he wiped away her tears with his thumb. “Yes. You did. Congratulations Hyerin-ah!” He smiled.

“Aish! Its’s because of you! What’s with that prank?! I even cried because I thought it was true!“ Hyerin exclaimed as she lightly slapped his chest.

"I said it's a surprise. Right? A surprise should be surprising."

Hyerin pouted. "But I didn't know..."

Ren smirked as he lightly pushed Hyerin's forehead with his forefinger. "That's the whole point."

Hyerin just glared at him while rubbing her forehead. 

"I missed you." Ren mumbled quietly while gazing at Hyerin lovingly. She smiled at him. "Me too." 

"Oh.. before I forget, you have to marry me. Right away." 

 

========================================================================

 

 

THANK YOU FOR READING/ COMMENTING/ SUBSCRIBING~! <333 GODBLESS EVERYONE! :DDDDD 

I have a new story. Please do check it out and subscribe: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/209637/my-gangster-girl-fluff-exok-kyungsoo-occharacter-dokyungsoo

Thank you! <33