CHAPTER 19: HEARTBEAT

Me? A Girl?

 

===============================================================================================

 

“Ahh..so that’s why you’re so affected when it comes to Naeun.” Hyerin said.

“That was before.” I said grumpily while turning the page of the book I was reading.

I was reading a book on my table which was beside her bed. She’s been bombarding me with questions now that she knows the truth. I guess this is better than her avoiding me and such.

“I was wondering why you’re so comfortable around me now that you know the truth.” I said while pretending to read the book.

“If I will avoid you, you’ll definitely feel lonely. So I thought I’ll continue being your friend. That’s better right?” She asked with a smile.

I blushed. I covered my face with the book so that she won’t notice. “Yeah.. I guess so.” I muttered.

“When I first saw you on the bathroom I noticed that you looked like Minah but you’re a guy so I thought it was Minah’s stalker who wants to impersonate her or something.” She said while laughing at herself.

“You’re imaginations are running too wildly.” I commented coldly pretending not to care.

“But when you explained that you’re Minah, I was thinking, ‘Maybe Minah is just flat chested and such because I still can’t believe that you’re a guy.” She added.

I just smiled.

“But why didn’t you refuse to be my friend before?” She asked sadly.

“I was thinking you’d bring me a great misfortune because you’re a girl.” I answered.

“Your imaginations are running too wildly.” She copied me.

“It’s true every girl I meet brings me badluck. My mom, my Aunt, Jiyeon, Naeun and her friends.” I argued.

“If that’s the case, I promise not to bring bad luck to Choi Minki.” She said as she raised her right hand as if she was making a pledge.

I couldn’t help but smile. She's so childish.

“You just smiled!” She exclaimed happily as she stood up from her bed and pointed at me.

I looked away and focused on the book. “I did not.”

“You did!” She insisted while shaking me from my chair.

“Why are you so happy about it?” I asked her.

“When a person smiles, it means that that person is having fun. You just smiled awhile ago. That means you’re having fun with me! See, I won’t bring bad luck to you.” She said happily.

I stared at her completely stunned by her words and actions. She here in front of me, smiling happily.

THUMP..THUMP…THUMP..

I quickly looked away. “You’re weird. I didn’t smile.” I insisted while shaking my head.

“You did!”

“Did not!”

“You obviously did!”

“I obviously did not.”

“You really did!”

“I really did not.”

 

==================================================================================================

 

THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO SUBSCRIBED~ :D <333

 

Is it true that Hello Venus' fan club name is Hello Cupid?  *_________*