CHAPTER 48: FAILURE

Me? A Girl?

 

======================================================

 

 

RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

 

It was already 6:00 in the morning. The sun came out brightly and the birds started to sing. It was a beautiful day. Ren lazily opened his eyes in irritation. And he reached for his clock to turn it off. *Finally, no more noisy clock.* He slowly stood up and grabbed his marker from his table and went towards his calendar. “January 30.” He silently read as he marked the date with an ‘x’ Every morning, he does this to remind him of how many days does he have to wait before he can finally see Hyerin.

“Her graduation is on March 31. this. I’ve seen her just last week. Why does it feel like a year has passed to me?” he thought as he ruffled his hair in irritation and just went downstairs to eat breakfast.

 

 

“Oh, you’re early today. It’s Saturday. Why’re you so early?” My mom asked as soon as she saw my face. I scratched my head lazily. “I’m just early.” I said as I sat on my chair.

My mom went back to eating and completely ignored me. I grabbed my fork but I was too lazy to eat. Instead, I just played with it. *What about Hyerin? Is she awake? Did she eat? What is she eating? Who is she with?* I thought with a loud sigh.

My mom eyed me suspiciously. “You miss her don’t you?”

“So much.” I said as I lowered my head.

My mom shook her head. “Well, it’s your fault. Just why did you tell her that? Now you have to suffer the consequences.”

“I just wanted to.. Hey. How did you know about that?” I asked her with a furrowed brow.

She smiled. “Sohyun told me about it.”

I rolled my eyes. *Oh yeah. They were sisters.* I thought as I shook my head.

“Don’t worry. You’ll see her soon. She’ll definitely pass the exam.” My mom encouraged me.

I smiled. “Yeah. Thanks mom.” I said.

She nodded. “For the time being, clean up your room. It’s so chaotic there!” She suddenly exclaimed.

I frowned. *She just wanted me to clean my room.* Ren was about to eat but suddenly her phone rang. It was her Aunt Sohyun. *Now what does she want?* He thought as he stood up and lazily picked up the call.

 

..

 

February 29, 2012

 

Hyerin’s eyelids slowly fluttered open. She just woke up from her deep slumber. Hyerin slowly lifted her face from the book which she used as a pillow. “Ugh.” She groaned as she wiped away her saliva in disgust.

She had been studying for the whole day to prepare for their final exam later. “Just what time is it?” She mumbled to herself as she glanced at her watch. “6:30” She lazily read. Hyerin lightly scratched her neck. “It’s 6:30.”

“Wait.. 6:30? No! I’m late for the exam!”She exclaimed as she dashed towards her bathroom to wash her face. The examination started 30 minutes ago. And no matter what, she has to take this exam.

Hyerin arrived the exam hall in a complete mess. She didn’t take a bath. She just went to her bathroom literally to splatter water over her face. She didn’t eat either. Her clothes were the same clothes she wore the day before. But still the proctor handed her the exam sheet and the questionnaires. And she was thankful for that. Very thankful for that.

Hyerin ran towards her seat and immediately started the test ignoring the numerous pairs of eyes gawking at her. They just didn’t matter to her. What was important was the exam.

3 hours has passed and the bell has rung. And coincidentally, Hyerin just finished the exam. A small smile appeared in her lips. Atleast she answered it all. But of course she wasn’t confident. She was late so she had to answer the exam fast.

 

 

After a week, the names of the students who passed the exam were posted on the board outside the halls. Hyerin tried to move in to the crowd just to see the list. And after being squished by other students, she was finally able to see the list. She scanned the list with excitement. But after searching for her name on the whole list, that's when she found out that her name wasn’t on the list.

That just means, Hyerin didn’t pass the exam.

 

======================================================

 

:)