CHAPTER 3: FLASHBACK

Me? A Girl?

====================================================================================================

 

As soon as I lay on my bed, I tried to get some sleep but I couldn’t. I rolled on the left side. Then on the right. I tried to sleep upside down but still, I couldn’t. I scratched my head in irritation as I sat up on my bed.

“Why can’t I sleep?” I whispered to myself as I sat on my bed and remembered how happy my life before when I was still a guy.

 

FLASHBACK

 

One morning,

“Ren! What’s this? Mrs. Park just told me  through the phone that Jiyeon wanted to marry you! Are you two dating?” Mom asked me. It was clear in her tone that she’s angry.

I scratched my head. *It's so early yet you're yelling at me.* “Park Jiyeon? She’s the girl who likes me.” I said.

“And she’s the girl I don’t like. I don’t care if you like her. What matters to me is that I don’t like her to be my daughter in law.” Mom explained sharply.

“No! I don’t like her Umma! I love Naeun remember?!” I exclaimed while blushing.

“Then, what’s this? Did you promise her you’d marry her? Her family is setting up your marriage you know?” Mom asked as she sat on the sofa in front of me.

I was about to sit down when suddenly, “I never told you to sit.” Mom said strictly.

I took few steps backwards and just looked away. *She's really. Aish!*

“Then, let’s just decline. Let’s tell Mrs. Park that her daughter was just imagining things.” I said irritatedly.

“As if they will agree.” Mom answered while massaging her temples.

“If only you’re a girl, this wouldn’t happen.” Mom suddenly said.

I just sighed.

Suddenly, mom’s phone rang.

“Wait. It’s Sohyun.” She said as she signaled me to sit on the sofa while they talk.

I slowly sat beside her.

Maybe Umma is right. If only I’m a girl, this wouldn’t happen. I thought as I looked at her.

 

Sohyun-sungmo: I heard Minki’s going to get married to Jiyeon. Is that true?

Umma: Of course not! My son likes Naeun. You know, the innocent little girl. I think she is studying at your school.

Sohyun-sungmo: Son Naeun? Yes. She’s studying here. What are you going to do? The rumors are everywhere.

Umma: I don’t really know. But I don’t want Ren to marry her. I know what kind of girl she is.

Sohyun-sungmo: I have a plan. Let’s hide Ren in my school. I’ll take care of everything just to have him here. He’ll be acting as a girl so that Jiyeon won’t be able to find him and try to marry him.

Mom looked at me and smiled.

That kind of smile she just showed me was one of the smiles she gives me when she’s thinking of something wicked for me and she’ll benefit from it.

“I agree. Goodbye. Thank you Sohyun-unnie!” Mom said happily as she put her phone in her pocket and turned to me.

“I already have a solution to your problem.” She said sweetly.

I felt bad about it. Just what kind of solution is it? I thought. “What is it Umma?” I uncomfortably asked.

“You like Naeun right?” She asked me.

I nodded. “Of course!” I answered.

“Then, be happy. You’ll be able to see her everyday. You’re going to the same school as her.” Mom declared.

“That’s just crazy. She’s studying in an all girls school Umma.” I said as I chuckled.

“You just don’t get it don’t you?” Mom asked.

I stared at her. I was trying to absorb the words she just said earlier. Then, poof~

“No! Umma! I’m not doing it!” I exclaimed as I stood up.

“Yes you are. I already talked to Sohyun-unnie about you transferring there. That’s final.” She said as she stood up and walked away.

 

 

Next morning,

 

While we we’re eating.

I was just lazily munching on my food since I have no appetite. But on the other hand, my mom was so happy.

“Ren..we have already talked that you will agree to my plan no matter what right?” Mom asked seriously. She looked at me with glaring eyes. Her tone was strict. And seriously, I was scared.

I sighed. There's nothing I can do. “Yeah..we did.” I answered nervously.

“It’s decided then. Starting next week, you’ll be enrolling into an all girl’s school cross dressing as Choi Minah.” She announced with a smile.

“WHAT THE HELL?! Umma! Stop making jokes! I’m a guy! A guy!” I answered.

“I know it. And there are tons of girls chasing after you right? One of those girls is Jiyeon. Basically if you crossdress, girls won’t chase you. Because they think that you’re a girl too. The best way to hide a tree is to put it in a forest.” She explained with a grin.

“No. You’re only doing these because you wanted to have a daughter!” I exclaimed.

“Yeah. That’s the 50% of the plan. But the other 50% was for your safety and for my safety also. Well then, starting next week, you’ll be enrolling in Cube All Girls School” she declared.

“If I know the 5% was for my safety and the remaining 45% was for your safety.” I said.

She just gave me one of her sly grins.

“It’s total defeat.”  I mumbled as I walked slowly to the door.

“And before I forgot, I had your dresses and undergarments delivered this morning. Check them out! They’re really cute.” She said happily.

I looked at her grumpily. She smiled in return.

“What if Jiyeon asks you about me? What will you tell them?” I asked her.

“Well, I’ll tell her you ran away from home. You were nowhere to be found and that you don’t like her. That’s it. End of story.” She explained.

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

I sighed.

It was all because of Jiyeon. I thought as I ruffled my hair anxiously.

 

==============================================================================================================

 

<333