CHAPTER 33: REN'S CONFESSION?

Me? A Girl?

 

======================================================================================================

Suddenly my phone beeped. It was Hyerin. Before he could finally leave, “Why are you looking for her?” I asked out of curiosity as I opened the message Hyerin sent me.

“The check up already ended.”

A small blush crept on his face. “I’m planning on confessing to her today.” My eyes widened at his statement. He shyly said while rubbing the back of his neck. “Well, I’ll be going!” Then he walked away again.

I gaped at him. He’s going to confess as in now? Why so sudden?! I thought as I watched him walk away. No! That’ll definitely ruin my wedding. Just who is he to confess to her first? I thought as I ran up to him. *Just why did the check up end so fast?! That nurse sure is a quack. I clearly told her to do a full body check up on her! What if Jinyoung meets Hyerin and he confessed to her first?!* This is so messed up.

“I’ll be there soon. Wait for me inside the clinic. Don’t you dare come out.”

I typed as I tried my best to catch up with Jinyoung. He noticed I was following behind him. He faced me straightforwardly. “Is anything wrong?” He asked.

I tried to catch my breath as I stared at him. *You! You’re the biggest wrong thing that I’ve ever encountered aside from Jiyeon and my mom.* I cursed in my head. Now that I think of it, I’m really genius for sending Hyerin to the clinic.

“You said you’re going to confess to Hyerin right? Isn’t that a bit too sudden?” I acted as if I was a great friend who's concerned for him.

He shook his head happily. “I’m sure of my feelings.” I stared at him for a bit I can’t think of anything else to stop him from confessing today. I looked at him from head to toe. *He’s nicely dressed. But it’s too normal. Aha!*

“No.. I mean.. you’re going to confess to her like that?” I asked as I pointed at him. He looked at himself innocently. “Why? Is anything wrong? I look normal right?” He asked as he arranged his shirt.

“That’s it. You’re dressed way too normal. You don’t have flowers and such.” I said as I tried to convince him. He looked troubled. “Do I really need those? I mean.. Hyerin wouldn’t mind me being so simple right?” He asked sadly. *JUST GO AWAY AND COME BACK NEXT WEEK!*

“But flowers, chocolates and a simple song.. she’ll appreciate it and would make your chance to make her say yes… a little higher I guess.” I said as I tapped my chin and turned to him. His eyes twinkled in delight. *I’ve said too much. Great. Ren. Now he has an idea about how to steal Hyerin from you.* I cursed in my head.

“Thank you Minah! I’ll follow your advice and comeback here next week.” he said as he hugged me. *Gross* I thought as I lightly pulled away. I never imagined that the first guy I’ll ever hug is the guy I hate the most. With that, Jinyoung left and I dashed towards the clinic where Hyerin was waiting for me.

I opened the door as I slightly panted and I saw Hyerin who was bored to death while waiting for me. I turned to the nurse. “The results?” I asked. She handed me a piece of paper. I scanned it but I couldn’t fully understand it. There were too many medical terms which are too deep. “What’s the meaning of this?” I asked.

“She’s physically fit, no broken bones, no injuries, nothing else.” The nurse explained with a smile. I heaved out a sigh. “That’s good to hear. We’re leaving now. Thank you.” I said as I went to Hyerin and pulled her outside the clinic.

“What took you so long?” Hyerin asked as we walked on the hallways.

“I was talking with Ji---“ I immediately put my hand over my mouth. *WHAT THE HECK AM I SAYING?!*

“With Ji?” She asked innocently.

“Ji.. Jiyeon! We kinda.. bumped to each other and yeah.. we talked.” I lied. *I’m sorry Hyerin. I won’t ever lie to you again. Just this one okay?*

“Oh…” She mumbled as she slightly pouted. *So they talked. He talked with Jiyeon. I thought he doesn’t like her?*

After that, silence enveloped us. No one dared to talk.

REN’S POV

My mind is too preoccupied because of Jinyoung. I can’t even think straight. I know I have to confess to her earlier than him but how?! And I'm not even prepared! I don't have flowers, chocolates, and I'm even wearing a girl's uniform. I secretly glanced at Hyerin. *I would hate it if you end up with a guy without me doing anything about it. I don't want to regret anything anymore. I won't let you go.* I'll confess to her now. But what do I tell her?!

Hyerin noticed that I was secretly glancing at her. She turned to me. "Do you have something to tell me?" I sighed. *Her psychic powers has been officially .* I breathed deeply.

"I... uh.. well.. It's.." I stuttered as my face turned crimson. *Just when did a simple I love you become so complicated?!*

She tilted her head to the side, not getting what I'm saying. I felt my ears turned red. *WHY DOES SHE HAVE TO BE THIS CUTE?!*

"What is it?" She asked, completely cutting through my thoughts.

I stared at her. *I love you.* I’m going to say it now. But when I opened my mouth, no words came out from it.

“Are you alright? You’re all red.” Hyerin mumbled as she placed her hand on my forehead. My heart instantly started pounding inside my chest the moment I felt her hands touch my forehead. *This isn’t good. If this continues, I won’t be able to say it.* I quickly moved away from her as I gently removed her hand from my forehead. She gave me a puzzled look. Was she disappointed? Then, I have to hurry up and say it.

“I have something important to tell you.” I said as I stared right into her eyes.

“Hmm?” She asked with a smile.

I took a deep breath. *Ren, her answer won’t matter. Just say it. Just say it!*

“I..”

She intently stared at me waiting for me to finish my sentence. *Here it goes*

“Lee Hyerin, I....”

 

======================================================================================================

This is the hairstyle that I don't like. :< The other one is okay with me. Just saying. ^^

 

THANK YOU FOR READING/ COMMENTING/ SUBSCRIBING~! :DDD

 

<333