CHAPTER 45: AGREEMENT

Me? A Girl?

 

 

===========================================================

 

 

 

I ran outside my room and quickly went downstairs. *Be ready Hyerin-ah. I’ll definitely meet you today.* I thought as I smirked.

 

Finally, after 31 days I’m going to see her. Ahh. I wonder if she still looks the same? Did she change her hairstyle? Does she look tired from all the things she’s doing? Her smile. I really want to see her smile again. Ahh. I just can’t wait to see her again. I thought as I smiled dreamily.

 

“What’s with that funny face? You look crazy. Don’t go out with that face. It’s embarrassing.” My mom teased me while she comfortably sat on the sofa, not even bothering to look at me. She was busy reading a newspaper.

 

I frowned as I glared at her. “Thanks mom. You’re the best mom. Ever.” I sarcastically said.

 

She grinned at me. “Of course!”

 

I sighed. Is she really my mother? She’s a lot more immature than me. “Whatever. I’m going. Don’t wait for me for dinner. I’ll eat outside.”

 

“Choi Minki where are you going?” I heard her ask.

 

“I’m going to see Hyerin.”

 

Mom turned to me with a smile. “Oh.. you’re girl friend? Why don’t---“

 

“No mom. I’m going alone. Don’t meet with her. She’ll probably think I have a weird mom and might break up with me.” I said. My mom narrowed her eyes at me. *I’m in trouble. I have to get out quickly.* I thought as I ran towards the door before she could throw the newspaper at me. “Just meet her after our wedding!” I shouted as I went out ignoring her yells from inside.

 

 

….

 

 

While I was walking towards the school gate, I saw the person whom I haven’t seen for 31 days. Lee Hyerin. She still looks the same even from afar. But there was something wrong in the picture. There was a guy. A guy walking Hyerin to the gate. *Who the hell is that guy? Why is he with my Hyerin?* I thought as I intently watched them from a hidden corner.

 

“Thank you for today.” The guy bowed as he smiled. *Wait… Isn’t that Jung Jinyoung?! Why is he with her?!*

 

Hyerin smiled. “It’s nothing.” *Why did she show him her smile?!*

 

Jinyoung shyly rubbed the back of his neck. “I’ll get going now. Bye!” He said as he bowed. *Tch. From the looks of it he still likes her.*

 

“Yes. Take care.” Hyerin answered with a small nod.

 

I clenched my teeth and balled my fists as I leaned on the wall while watching Jinyoung leave.

 

 What’s the meaning of this?! She refused to meet me all this time but she’s secretly meeting up with that guy?! Is she really having an affair? She’s not… right? But why did she meet with that guy? Is she really two-timing me? Argh. I can’t keep making assumptions. I have to ask her. In person. I nodded as I decided to sneak in inside the school.

 

 

 

 

At her room,

 

I pushed the key inside the key hole and turned it clockwise. *Click*

“It’s a good thing I kept this key with me. Who knew it could be handy.” I mumbled to myself as I turned the knob, went inside and kept the key inside my pocket again.

 

*Maybe she still having her classes that’s why she’s still not back.* I thought as I roamed around the room. Everything’s the way it is. Just like before. This makes me miss staying here. I thought as I sat on her chair.

 

Her table was quite a mess. There, I saw the piles of thick books beside her notes and some snacks. *It must be hard to study all these.* I thought as I touched the books. *If only Jiyeon didn’t interfere, I would’ve been able to help Hyerin study. I’m also quite smart. I’ll be a great help. Hey …why don’t I tutor her?! I’m really a genius!* I smiled to myself.

 

As I turned my gaze back to her table I noticed a sticky note attached on it. “Must graduate. Soon.” I read with a smile. Actually, Hyerin’s really intelligent. She’ll graduate for sure. Then we’ll go to the same college. And after four years we’ll get married and maybe..

 

“Ren?! What are you doing here?”

 

I instinctively stood up from my seat and turned to Hyerin with a smile. “I came here. To see you. Hi.” I waved awkwardly at her. She didn’t look really happy at my arrival. But she didn’t look that pissed either. She just shook her head with a small sigh. I finally got to see her this close.

 

She went to me and pushed me towards the door. “Go now! What if someone sees you? How did you get in here anyways?” She said as she suspiciously eyed me.

 

I showed her my key with a smile. She just walked past me while shaking her head.

 

“Don’t you miss me?” I asked her. She turned to me with a serious face. “We didn’t see each other for 31 days! 31 days Hyerin! Just why do you always refuse to meet me?” I suddenly remembered that she was with Jinyoung earlier. I cleared my throat and tried to look serious. “Earlier.. where were you?” I asked her.

 

“I was with Jinyoung.” She answered straightforwardly. Atleast she didn’t lie. Right? If she’s having a secret relationship with him, she’ll probably lie about meeting him. So there. My Hyerin is not having an affair.

 

I turned to her with a pout. “Why’re you with him? You met with him but you refused to meet with me.”

 

“We just talked. Friendship things. You should go. I have to study. Exams will be in a week.” She said as she sat on her chair and opened her book.

 

“But we have to meet sometimes too! Relationship things.” I copied her. She sent me a glare and went back to reading.

 

I suddenly thought of my plan. I slowly scooted beside her. “Hyerin-ah, do you find it hard to study?” I asked her.

 

“Yes. It’s even harder since you’re here. Please go.” She said without even looking at me.

 

“I have an idea, I’ll come here everyday to tutor you! I’ll help you study! You know me! I’m smart.” I said with a smile as I tapped my head.

 

Hyerin turned to me and sighed. “You don’t understand. You’re being a great distraction for me. That’s why I decided not to meet you until graduation. I have to study. I’m just a scholar here that’s why I have to study hard. You should too. We promised each other before that we’ll go to the same university together right?”

 

I remained silent for a moment. *So it’s the graduation she’s having problems with.* “I have an idea, I can ask my Aunt to take care of your diploma here and---“ She turned to me and I noticed the frown on her face. “I was kidding.” I mumbled.

 

She nodded and turned to her book.

 

“Okay let’s have an agreement. If you graduate, we’ll go to the same university together. If you don’t, you’ll have to marry me. Right away.” I said.

 

“Are you saying that I won’t graduate? You mocking me?”

 

I bit my lip and tried to think. “Okay. Let’s think of another one. If you graduate, you’ll have to marry me.” She turned to me with a glare. “If you don’t, I’ll disappear from your side. You won’t see me. Forever.”

 

 

===========================================================

 

THANK YOU FOR READING/ COMMENTING/ SUBSCRIBING/ UPVOTING~! <333 GODBLESS EVERYONE! :DDD

 

Vote for B.A.P. on MAMA! :DDD PLEASE VOTE FOR THEM!