CHAPTER 1: CUBE ALL GIRLS SCHOOL

Me? A Girl?

 

=============================================================================================================

 

I walked down the hallways with my chin held up. There are so many girls, I mean students here in this school.

And I’m currently having difficulties with walking with high heeled shoes. Seriously. This is killing me. What kind of school policy is this? Just why are students forced to wear high heels? I thought as I continued walking around trying to hide the pain I can feel everytime I walk.

I looked around me. There are so many girls. well, what do i expect, it's an all girls school. But the weird thing is, they are looking at me while murmuring at each other.

“She’s really pretty!” I heard them say.

I frowned in dismay and just continued walking. I looked at them again. They are walking comfortably with their shoes. And their shoes has longer heels than mine.

“How do they do that?” I mumbled to myself as I sighed.

I continued to walk towards the Principal’s Office since my mom told me to. I knocked three times with a frown.

“Come in.” A voice said.

I turned the knob and went inside the room. There’s the sister of my great mom, Sohyun-sungmo. Sitting at her chair and was smiling at me. But I’m sure of it. She’s not smiling because she’s happy. She’s smiling because she’s secretly laughing in her mind.

“Uh…Hi…Sungmo.” I greeted awkwardly trying to hide my annoyance.

Her smile widened. She’s making fun of me. Great. I thought sarcastically.

“Welcome to Cube All Girls School Minah~” She greeted happily.

I glared at her. “Yeah. Come on. Hurry up. Give me the key to my room and my room number and my schedule.” I said in a bored tone.

“Why do you look so down?” She asked as she handed me the envelope lying on her table.

“Cause I know anytime I come out of this room, you’ll burst out laughing.” I said as I took the envelope.

With that, she laughed. Hard. I frowned in dismay. Is she really my Aunt? Sometimes I really wonder if we're blood related or not.

She noticed that I wasn't amused by her 'greeting' “Sorry! Sorry. I was just amused by you. I mean, you know? My sister always wanted a daughter and here it is!” She said happily as she pointed to me.

I faked a smile. “That’s very amusing. I’ll go now. Bye.” I said sarcastically as I walked away.

“By the way, Minah,” She called me before I disappeared from her sight.

“What?” I asked as I looked back at her.

“You look so pretty for someone who’s biologically a guy.” She teased.

“Thank you!” I said fakely and went outside by shutting the door loudly.

From outside, I can hear her laughing.

Is she really my sungmo? Why is she having fun seeing me suffer if she is? I thought as I opened the envelope.

“So ,I’m gonna stay in the Building 4, Room No. 165 with my roommate Lee Hyerin. And my class is 2-A.” I mumbled as I walked towards Building 4.

 

==========================================================================================================

 

Author's Note:  Sungmo is the Korean translation of Aunt according to Google. Please feel free to correct me if ever it's wrong.  Thank you for reading! Please do comment! :)