Chapter 51 - Date With Sungyeol

One Roof, 3 Group Gangsters, 6 Boyfriends-To-Be

Sungyeol returned with the cones of ice cream in hand, ‘What are you thinking about? Don’t tell me you’re thinking about other guys on our date?’ Sungyeol slightly frowned and pretended to be hurt.

Reina snapped out of her daze and immediately waved her hand ‘Aniya, I just remembered the time when Oppa skipped his detention for me just to treat me for ice cream.’ Sungyeol smiled when he heard what she said. *Reina was thinking of our past*

‘Its been awhile and you still remembered?’ Sungyeol passed Reina her favourite ice cream and she gladly took it in her hands.

‘How can I not remembered? Those were my happiest times’ Reina her ice cream while Sungyeol’s face fell at what Reina had just said. He felt guilty now, for what he had done these past few years.

Reina looked up and realized what she had just said ‘Oppa, you don’t have to feel guilty. Im happy now.’ Reina gave Sungyeol a comforting smile and lightly squeeze his hand.

Sungyeol grabbed onto Reina’s hand before she could take her hand back. ‘You know I’ll never break my words and promises I made to you right?' Reina nodded.

Sungyeol smiled and gently said 'I’ll made a promise to you. I promise you, I’ll never leave your side anymore.’ Sungyeol stare into Reina's eyes, they were filled with sincerity, and Reina knew he meant it.

‘Oppa..’

‘Eat your ice cream, its going to melt.’ Sungyeol gave a small smile and his ice cream, refusing to hear what Reina might say next, he was afraid to hear what Reina might say.

After the ice cream, both of them went out of the store and continued to explore the streets. In front of them was a mini event for couples. Without thinking, Sungyeol pulled Reina towards the stage and told the person they wanted to take part too.

‘Oppa what are you doing? This is for couples’ Reina whispered as Sungyeol lead her up the stage. ‘Still, you’re on a date with me and I really want to win you something’ Sungyeol stopped in his track while Reina glanced around feeling uneasy.

‘For the first round, the boyfriend would have to carry their girlfriend and stand in one leg for 10 minutes. On the count of three, begin.’ When the game started, Sungyeol immediately bend down and asked Reina to get on his back. He focused hard while trying to balance with one leg. One by one the contestants on stage reduced because of their lack of balance. 10 minutes was up and the stage was only left with 5 couples including Sungyeol and Reina.

‘Next round, we’ll get the boyfriends to try to guess what their girlfriends answer will be’ The Mc spoke and all the couples were separated by a thing board in between them while the Mc asked question.

‘First question, when was the first time you met your boyfriend?’ The Mc asked and the 5 pairs of couples were immediately given 10 seconds to write down their answers.

Reina thought back to the day where she first met her oppas and scribbled down the answer. Sungyeol smirked and wrote down the answer in no time *How could I forget it? That was when I first fell for you, it was love at first sight.*

The questions were relatively easy for Sungyeol since there was nothing he didn’t knew about Reina. They lived together for so many years afterall. They scored perfect and proceeded to the next round with the other 2 couples.

‘Now for our final round, Pepero contest! The winner of this contest will be able to get this couple necklace!’ The Mc showed the necklace and the worker immediately passed one pepero stick to the couples.

‘Let the game began!’ The mc announced. ‘You’ll just need to stay still, oppa will do the move’ Sungyeol placed the stick between them and started biting pepero stick in between them. Sungyeol moved faster as the Mc started to countdown. Reina’s eyes widened when her Sungyeol oppa was getting nearer. Sungyeol faced was just inches away from her now yet he wasnt stopping.

*What isn’t oppa stopping?!* Reina mentally screamed. Sungyeol’s lip was about to touch hers yet he wasnt stopping.

‘3,2,1. Stop!’ Sungyeol’s lip lightly pressed on Reina’s lip when he bite off the last bit. He moved back and grinned in satisfaction while Reina blushed because of their little kiss. The Mc walked to each couple with a ruler and measured the pepero stick that was left.

‘Wow! This couple had 1.5 cm’ The Mc measured the first couple and went to the second couple.

‘Looks like our first couple is out, our second couple had 1.0 cm’ The Mc announced and walked to Sungyeol and Reina who was the last couple. The Mc measured Sungyeol and Reina’s pepero stick. Reina watched and fidgeted nervously as the Mc measured their pepero stick. ‘We got a winner, the last couple here had 0.7cm!’ Reina squealed and hugged Sungyeol, forgetting about the awkward moment they had.

The Mc handed the necklace to them and Sungyeol gladly received it. Sungyeol pulled Reina down the stage and Reina just followed Sungyeol behind as he led them away from the stage. Sungyeol leaded them away from the nosiy streets and brought her to a bench under the tree. He opened up the velvet box that contained two necklaces inside.

Reina stared with awe at the necklace in front of her. The necklaces were pretty, one of them had a locket on and the other had a key on. Sungyeol took out the necklace with locket and unclasp it. He brought his arm around Reina’s neck and clasped the necklace up. He leaned back and smiled ‘Beautiful’

Reina stared at the delicate necklace lying in the middle of her neck. ‘Can you help me put this up?’ Sungyeol held out the necklace with a key. Reina gladly take it and help Sungyeol put the necklace on. Before Reina can back away, Sungyeol placed his hand behind and pulled Reina closed to him.

‘Oppa!’ Reina let out a gasped. ‘Ssh.. Just stay like this and listen to me okay?’ Sungyeol soothing whisper while Reina just stay where she was, not sure what she should do.

‘Do you know why I gave you the locket instead?’ Sungyeol asked and Reina shook her head. Sungyeol lightly chuckled imagining the look on Reina’s face since he couldn’t see her.

He stopped his chuckles and turned serious, his voice all gentle and serious as he spoke ‘Because I wanted to be the key to your heart. I wanted to open up the lock that you have set in your heart.’ Reina froze in her spot as she heard what Sungyeol had said.

Sungyeol released his hands and slowly pulled away to look at Reina. Both of them met eyes, Reina wanted to look away but she couldn’t. There was something that held her back from looking away. Sungyeol raised both of his hands and cupped her cheek ‘Please, consider what I just said. Give me a chance, let me unlocked the locket you have set inside your heart. Let me enter your heart. I promise I’ll love you with all my heart.’ Sungyeol’s gentleness made Reina’s heart flutter and raced faster at his words. Sungyeol placed a gentle kiss on her forehead and looked back at her. His eyes fell onto her lip and the scene where he lightly pressed against her lip during the contest flashed across his mind. Reina eyes followed as Sungyeol lowered his lip towards hers. *Is oppa going to kiss me?!*

Sungyeol lightly pressed his lip against Reina before he pulled back and gave her a smile ‘Oppa..’ Reina couldn’t believe what just happened. She just shared a kiss with her oppa. ‘Lets go home now shall we?’ Sungyeol stood up and grabbed Reina’s hand to follow him. Reina lightly touched her lip where Sungyeol had kissed seconds ago. She could felt her heart beating crazily inside because of the kiss.

 

Kyaaa so this is how Sungyeol's date would be like. All of their date would be this fun! :) Get ready for Yongguk's date tomorrow! :)