Chapter 21 - The Promise

One Roof, 3 Group Gangsters, 6 Boyfriends-To-Be

‘Call the guys up’ Yongguk said as he walked away from the house with Himchan behind after Sungyeol went into the house. He needs to vent his anger now and B.A.P would be out for a fight today.

L too walked away from the house. He couldn’t believe what Sungyeol had just said. He thought he would have better explanation for what he had done. Chunji and L.joe called Teen Top up and asked their whereabout. They could go anywhere now as long as they were not staying there. They all had one thing in mind, to forget about the promise, the promised they had made in the hospital that night.

 

--------Flasback-----

After Reina left the room, Reina’s omma turned to the boys and looked at everyone of them.

‘Promise me something’ Reina’s omma spoke, her voice all weak.

‘What do you want us to promise you ommonim?’ Yongguk asked as he looked at her.

‘Promise me you all will never confess your feelings to Reina and forget your feelings for her.’ her omma said.

‘What are you talking about ommonim?’ Yongguk faked ignorance.

‘I know you all are in love with her but I don’t want to see you all fight because of your love for her. So forget your feelings towards her and find another girl. Let her find her own happiness too. I know I might sound cruel to you now but I don’t want to see anyone of you hurt. Please, promise me that.’ Reina's omma hold Yongguk's hand and looked into his eyes.

The boys were stunned for awhile when they heard it but they looked down on the floor after they regain their composure. Neither of them spoke. They didn’t want to promise her that. That was the last thing in mind that they would promise her.

‘Please, stay by her side as her brother’ Reina’s mom looked at the boys desperately for their answers. She needed their promise, she knew her time was almost up. She had to make sure that none of them will get hurt.

Without a choice Yongguk nodded his head. ‘I promise.’ One by one they made their promise.

‘Thank you’ Reina’s mom smiled and looked at each and everyone of them. They were like her own sons, she couldn’t bear to see anyone of them hurt.

‘Tell Reina I love her.’ With that she closed her eyes and the heart rater by the side rang as her heart stopped.

After they had finished with Reina’s omma funeral, they began to stay further away from Reina each day. Reina didn’t notice it at first but she started realizing it after she gets over with her omma’s death and the constant reply she gets from her oppas everytime she approached them.

Although they went to school every single day together during middle school like usuals, all of the guys no longer wait her after school. They would always said they had something in school or they were going out with friends. They even joined and made their own gangs after that.

Even when the guys happen to walk out of the school gate and saw Reina, they would just say that they were tired and they didn’t feel like going anywhere when Reina asked them. If that method doesn’t work, Yongguk, L and L.joe became cold and rude to her.

They would always tell her ‘Didn’t I tell you Im not free?’ ‘Go away’ they hissed and glared at her, saying she was getting more and more annoying by the day or would just totally ignored her.

Himchan, Sungyeol and Chunji would always be out on a date, they would always change their girlfriends every few days. Whenever Reina approached them, although they would be nice to her unlike the others, they would always reply, ‘Sorry oppa’s going on a date’. Reina felt their change and thought that they dislike her because she was really getting annoying and tried her best not to disturb them. She was alone all along until she met Baekho. He was just like how her oppa used to be, always making time for her but after what she heard from Baekho one day when she meet him in the streets with another girl. She no longer approached any of them and was sure that those guys were just nice to her because of her mom. They were just like Baekho, acting in front of her mother when her mother was still alive so she tell herself that she would no longer care for them and they would be just roommates living under the same roof because of her mom’s promise instead of the oppas she used to call. She became a cold person like Yongguk, L and L.joe after that day.

------End Of Flashback------

Sungyeol walked up to Reina’s room and knocked on her door. He walked in and sat down at the side of the bed while Reina was all cringed up in bed, hiding her face with her knee up.

‘Reina’ Sungyeol called out as he pulled her towards him and hugged her close to him.

‘Its okay. I’ll be here for you from now on. Oppa will no longer run away from you’ Sungyeol whispered as he soothingly patted Reina’s back while Reina sobbed in his embrace.

 

Here you go the promise you all had wanted to know all along! I wonder if any of you guess the promise correctly?