Chapter 10 - Omma's Death Anniversary

One Roof, 3 Group Gangsters, 6 Boyfriends-To-Be

The rest of the weeks passed peacefully, well not exactly though. Reina had received a warning from the fangirls of Sungyeol and Himchan to stay away from them and well the fact that the boys weren’t in school for the next two weeks helped her. Even if they did attend school, Reina didnt bumped into them and the incident was slowly forgotten by the girls.

It was Saturday morning and all the boys were already awake unlike usual when they would still be sleeping or probably not at home. Everyone was all prepared and dressed in black as they wait for Reina at the dining table. Everyone hadn’t say anything ever since they woke up. Even Himchan, Sungyeol and Chunji who were usually the nosiest ones were quiet today. After Reina came out of her room, they had their breakfast before they went to take a train.

Today was the only day the seven of them could be seen together ever since 3 years ago. They were going to pay a visit to Reina’s mother.  It was her death anniversary today.

When they reached her grave, Himchan placed a bouquet of white daisies beside her grave and took a step back to join the others. The guys had stand in a straight line and bowed to Reina’s mother before they stepped further back to give way to Reina.

‘Omma, how are you? Its been a year since we visited isn’t it?’ Reina said as she settled down in front of her grave. The guys were at the back all silent as they watched Reina talking to her mom throughout.

‘Omma, you must be wondering how Im doing right? Im great. Im still leaving together with them like we promised.’ Reina continued as she tried to hold her tears from falling. She didn’t want to cry in front of her mother’s grave.

‘Omma, I missed you. I really do. How I wished you were here with me’ Reina felt tears running down her cheek as she spoke. Just like every year, she couldn’t control her tears in front of her mother’s grave.

‘Looks like Im still the same old girl that never grows up huh?’ Reina tried to joke to lighten herself up but her voice cracked as she forced the words out. She wiped the tears away as she looked at her mother’s photo in front of her. The guys stood there as they clenched their fist. Their heart hurt so much knowing that they couldn’t do anything but just watch Reina cried in front of them every single time on this day. It took her awhile before she stopped her tears and regain herself back to normal.

‘Omma, I’ll visit you soon’ Reina stood up and bowed one last time before she turned to the guys.

‘Im done, lets go.’ Reina said and left. The guys bowed one last time before they turned to leave too.

It was silent on their way back too. The guys although they looked like they didn’t care about Reina, they would glance at her every few minutes to check on her while Reina just stare into the empty space in front of her. It had been 3 years already, although Reina had moved on with life, she would still break down every single time on this day.

When they arrive home, Reina walked up the stairs and entered her room without saying anything. The guys heaved a sighed as they looked at Reina’s backview.

L felt his phone vibrated and took out his phone. ‘Myungsoo where are you?’ Woohyun asked as he picked up his call.

‘At home’ L replied while his eyes were still on Reina’s room.

‘Great, come out and join us, we’re at the usual place, oh call Sungyeol too and asked him to come.’ Woohyun said. L looked turned to look at Sungyeol. Sungyeol shook his head as he heard the conversation too.

‘Im staying at home today. Sungyeol told me he got something on today, he’s not going too. You guys have fun’ L replied and hang up the phone.

All of them too, stayed at home. They didn’t have the mood to go out anywhere. Not when Reina was like that. They called delivery for their dinner since they knew Reina wouldn’t cook with her current condition.

‘Reina, dinner’s here. Come out and eat.’ Chunji knocked on her door but there was no reply. With a sighed, Chunji walked down the stairs towards the living room where all the boys were.

Reina was lying on her bed thinking of her mother. She remembered the last day she saw her mother in the hospital.

 

------Flashback-----

Reina’s mother was lying on the hospital bed all weak. Her mother was diagnosed with cancer. The boys and Reina crowded around her.

‘Reina, promise me you will live well after l left. You have to take care of yourself and the boys arasso?’ Reina’s mom asked as she held Reina’s hand. Reina shook her head. There was no way she was going to promise that because her mom is not going to leave her.

‘Reina, please. Promise me that.’ Reina’s mom asked again. Reina looked at her mom for awhile before she nodded. Tears were about to flow from her eyes but she managed to control them. Reina’s mother then turned to look at the boys, ‘I know I adopted all of you but please stay together with Reina and take care of her okay? Promise me you will’ Reina’s mother asked. The boys just nodded as they looked and their adoptive mother and Reina in front of them.

‘Reina can you buy me sandwich? I feel like eating one’ Her omma requested. ‘Arasso, I’ll be quick’ with that she rushed out of the room to the cafeteria to buy her omma sandwich.

However when Reina came back, doctors were surrounding her mom. Reina  dropped the sandwich in hand and rushed inside but before she could rushed to her omma’s side, Yongguk held her back.

‘Let go of me, Omma!’ Reina called out while the doctor tried to save her mom.

‘Im sorry, she’s gone’ the doctor said and bowed before he walked out of the room.

-----End Of Flashback-----

‘Why did you send me away that day Omma? I didn’t get to see the last moment of you’ Reina felt tears flow down her cheeks again as she recalled that day.

‘Everything changed since you left Omma. Everything changed’ Reina sobbed uncontrollably.

 

Note: Will be going through their past for the next few chapters! :)