Chapter 11 - The First Day She Met Them

One Roof, 3 Group Gangsters, 6 Boyfriends-To-Be

Note: Going back to the past for now

 

Reina still remembered the first day she met the, Reina was only 9 years old when her mother adopted 6 kids.

‘Reina come here, Omma brought you 6 oppas’ Reina mom called as she entered the house. Reina heard her mom’ voice and ran out of her room. Standing in the living room were her mother and 6 other boys around her age. Reina tilt her head at the sight of the 6 boys in front of her.

‘Come here Reina, introduce yourself to your oppas.’ Reina’s mom urged.

‘Oppa?’ Reina asked not understanding the situation.

‘Ne, they will be your oppas from now on.’ Reina’s mother replied.

Reina just nodded before she introduced herself. ‘Anneonghasayo, Reina imnida’. Reina’s mother then introduced her oppas one by one to her since the boys were still adapting to the new environment. Reina’s mother then brought them upstairs and showed them their room before coming down with the boys again.

‘Reina, play with your oppas okay? Omma will go cook for our lunch now’ Reina just nodded. ‘Good girl’ her mom patted her head before she went towards the kitchen.

‘Lets sit in the living room shall we?’ The boys didn’t say anything and just followed Reina into the living room.

‘How old are you all? Im 9 years old this year.’ Reina asked they settled down on the sofa. The boys looked at each other before Yongguk the oldest replied, ‘Im 10 years old. Im the oldest among all of us.’ Yongguk said.

‘Im of the same age with Yongguk’ Himchan cheerfully said. *He really looked cheerful while Yongguk oppa looked like the big oppa with authority* Reina thought.

‘The four of us are of the same age as you. Im the oldest among us four, followed by Myungsoo, Chunji and Byunghun being the last.’ Sungyeol said. He too look as cheerful as Himchan oppa with Myungsoo oppa and Byunghun oppa looking quiet.

‘How did oppa become friends with each other?’ Reina asked curious. They seemed close to one another and Reina wanted to be part of them too.

Reina’s mother stopped and looked at her children in the living room. Chuckles can be heard from the living room as they interact with each other. She was glad that the boys were able to accept her daughter and mingle with her.

The first time she saw them in the orphanage, she had made the decision to adopt them and it seems like she really made a good decision. The boys would be a great companion to her daughter. She smiled at the sight of them getting along well before she resumed her cooking.

‘Kids its time to eat’ Reina’s mom called out as she brought their lunch out.

‘Oppas lets go’ Reina stood up and the boys followed warily behind her. They were still adapting to this new environment. Although they had accepted Reina as their little sister, they were still trying to accept Reina’s mother.

‘Come lets eat’ Reina’s mom said. The boys nodded and sat down.

‘I didn’t know what you like so I just cook this instead. I hope you all like it.’ Reina’s mom nervously said. The boys nodded and digged in.  Reina’s mom carefully studied expression, she was afraid that they wouldn’t like it.

‘It nice..’ Yongguk paused awhile thinking of what to call Reina’s mom, ‘Ommonim’ Yongguk said after awhile. Ommonim, that was what he was going to call her from now on. Yongguk wasn’t able to call her omma since she wasn’t his real mother and that it wouldn’t be good if he called her ahjumma when she was trying so hard to be nice to them and make them feel like home.

Reina’s mother smiled with contentment. Although she wanted Yongguk and the rest of them to call her omma but she was already glad that they didn’t call her ahjumma instead. Ommonim was good enough for her already.

After they finished eating, they left the dining table and walked towards the living room. ‘Omma, can we go to the playground?’ Reina asked her mom as she stood beside her at the dining table.

‘Sure, just be careful and take care of your oppas. They still don’t know the way around the neighbourhood.’ Reina’s mom replied.  ‘Ne’ Reina answered and ran towards her oppas in the living room.

‘Oppas! Lets go to the playground!’ Reina shouted as she ran towards them.